Cheltenham 2008

Started by boshiba, January 17, 2008, 05:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Im really looking forward to this years festival. I have done the following bets so far -
Sublimity 5/1
Inglis Drever 5/4
Kauto 11/8
Francheok 3/1
£5 Yankee

Voy Por ustedes 4/1
Harchibald 8/1
Dont Push It 6/1
Lillywhitedancer 7/1
£1 e/w Yankee

I have also stuck a tenner on Tom Scudamore to be top jockey @25/1.
Im hopeful that ill have a few winners before Gold Cup day when ill be going out all day

Hoof Hearted

not much of a clue about horse racing betting but i have been asked to do a £10 reverse forecast for someone this evening who cant make the bookies and i havent a clue what it means . There are only 4 horses in the race
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hardy

Conor Clarkson, Kicking King's owner is being interviewed on Attheraces - they are scratching KK from the Gold Cup. While he worked "well" this morning, his work wasn't of the standard  required to be competitive in the Gold Cup. He'll have a rest and go to Punchestown if he returns to form.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 05, 2008, 11:53:18 AM
Im really looking forward to this years festival. I have done the following bets so far -
Sublimity 5/1
Inglis Drever 5/4
Kauto 11/8
Francheok 3/1
£5 Yankee

Voy Por ustedes 4/1
Harchibald 8/1
Dont Push It 6/1
Lillywhitedancer 7/1
£1 e/w Yankee

I have also stuck a tenner on Tom Scudamore to be top jockey @25/1.
Im hopeful that ill have a few winners before Gold Cup day when ill be going out all day

What sort of bucks would the £5 yankee pay out?

Louth Exile

Quote from: Hardy on March 05, 2008, 02:24:48 PM
Conor Clarkson, Kicking King's owner is being interviewed on Attheraces - they are scratching KK from the Gold Cup. While he worked "well" this morning, his work wasn't of the standard  required to be competitive in the Gold Cup. He'll have a rest and go to Punchestown if he returns to form.

Sounds like the wise move
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Came across this today, always like listening to or reading Alastair Down, worth having a look at

http://video.abelsoninfo.com/victorchandler/pl.html?video=videoschelt08

Another few links that are handy to have for the coming week

http://www.attheraces.com/cheltenham/

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/cheltenham-festival
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Quote from: drici on March 07, 2008, 09:50:10 AM
Anton McCoy is back from the marra.

Ruby will be on De Valira.

I was wondering why his price plumetted!! Now into 16's and was out at 40's and 50's after Christmas. The fact that he plummed for De Valira isn't exactly an endorsement of Ebaziyan.

He also has gone for Masterminded in the Champion chase, it is in to 5/2, but Voy Pur Ustedes is also in to 11/4 :)

Hardy

I'm not advocating it as a policy and certainly not saying you should do it blindly, but you can make money laying the Ruby effect. His presence in the saddle often affects the price, presumably because of the "back Ruby whatever" brigade. E.g. Rosy Cyborg 2/7 yesterday.

maddog

Does anyone give Hardy Eustace a chance in the world hurdle? He'll get decent ground and should get 3 miles. It would be some achievement to win it after his 2 champion hurdle wins

Louth Exile

Quote from: Hardy on March 07, 2008, 10:54:06 AM
I'm not advocating it as a policy and certainly not saying you should do it blindly, but you can make money laying the Ruby effect. His presence in the saddle often affects the price, presumably because of the "back Ruby whatever" brigade. E.g. Rosy Cyborg 2/7 yesterday.

I was always a bit critical of the blind backing of Mc Coy (apart from the day he had five winners at Ascot  ;D) but IMHO Ruby is the best there is going and have been a touch guilty of backing because Ruby is on board myself!

Quote from: maddog on March 07, 2008, 11:38:10 AM
Does anyone give Hardy Eustace a chance in the world hurdle? He'll get decent ground and should get 3 miles. It would be some achievement to win it after his 2 champion hurdle wins

I think personally that he is not guaranteed to get the trip, he will get his ground and loves the track, but the other big negative (if you are a stats man) is his age. He might just be too old. A great old servant and it would be great if he could do it, but I personally can't see it

maddog

re :the ground

Weather forecast for south west isnt good for the next 5 days. It could turn saft

Hardy

I agree that Ruby is the best, LE. I also agree about my near namesake. He's a bit of an unknown at the trip and Inglis Drever is unopposable in my opinion. But everything else is in Hardy's favour and I'm tempted to place him. 3.75 on Betfair (but the market is suspended at present - don't know why).

Homer

Quote from: Hardy on March 07, 2008, 12:14:09 PM
I agree that Ruby is the best, LE. I also agree about my near namesake. He's a bit of an unknown at the trip and Inglis Drever is unopposable in my opinion. But everything else is in Hardy's favour and I'm tempted to place him. 3.75 on Betfair (but the market is suspended at present - don't know why).

Fair few firms suspending it now too, looks suspicious.

bombidal

Hardy is a shocking price, hardly staying on this season. Just too old. Im heading over myself for the week. Wish me luck.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Homer

Quote from: Homer on March 07, 2008, 12:23:27 PM

Fair few firms suspending it now too, looks suspicious.

Looks like this is just down to the 5 day declarations and nothing to worry about.

Right lads, Kicking King can't do it, Denman might, but can you Stop Kauto?