King Kev is Back

Started by Dinny Breen, January 16, 2008, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Aristotle Flynn on January 16, 2008, 07:02:17 PM
Square Ball - I think you should consider changing that cartoon beside your user name. It is potentially offensive and may even be illegal.

Are you serious?  :o
Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

I didn't realise Owen and Keegan had a history
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on January 17, 2008, 10:41:33 AM
I didn't realise Owen and Keegan had a history

The "boy wonder" could not give two sh*ts about playing for Newcastle, he sees them merely as somewhere for keeping him fit to play for England.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Yeah, Owen had a falling out with Keegan when he was with England. It's another reason why footballers should wait until their career is nearly over before writing autobiographies, especially if they are being critical of someone. Burning bridges comes to mind.

saffron sam2

A work colleague originally from the Portglenone direction claims that Keegan's grandfather was from a place called Inishrush (no, I'd never heard of it either) and therefore Keegan qualified for NI (and by extension the free state). However he wasn't considered because of the IFA's "gentleman's agreement" with the FA, SFA and FAW. Is my mate telling the truth or talking out of his arse?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Square Ball

Was listening to Keegans interview, does he honestly believe that they can finish in the top four and win a cup within his three and a half year reign :(

I know it was for the Toons but does anyone think tat he can do it? It woukd take a massive amount of money and or the demise of one of the top four, also what about Everton, Man Shitty Portsmouth, IMHO they have no chance of acheiving any of his objectives
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

Quote from: Square Ball on January 18, 2008, 09:26:26 PM
Was listening to Keegans interview, does he honestly believe that they can finish in the top four and win a cup within his three and a half year reign :(

I know it was for the Toons but does anyone think tat he can do it? It woukd take a massive amount of money and or the demise of one of the top four, also what about Everton, Man Shitty Portsmouth, IMHO they have no chance of acheiving any of his objectives

Well the Geordies have always had a probem in dealing with reality, nobody seems to have told Keegan the premiership has changed greatly since he was last at Newcastle, he seems to think he will just follow on from his last stint there......

Square Ball

So King Kev made a massive difference, I realise that they were missing a few players, but you usually get the new manager thing and this diddnt happen, the first half was pathetic and I diddnt watch the rest, diddnt miss anything by all accounts

Norf Tyrone

I have heard rumours- very watery nonetheless- that Kev's reign may be very short!
Players reckon is out of touch with the current methods!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 27, 2008, 11:33:25 PM
I have heard rumours- very watery nonetheless- that Kev's reign may be very short!
Players reckon is out of touch with the current methods!

Bit rich for the Newcastle players to be complaining about anybody. Premiership soccer players are so detached from reality it's crazy.

Minder

You could argue that the Newcastle players are out of touch with current methods........

Square Ball

when will reality dawn on the Toons? Keegan is not a good manager, nor a lucky one. another defeat and closer to the mire, does he have the bottle to stick with it, or will the toys go followed by him?

Minder

in fairness to keegan he has really tightened things up at the back for newcastle,they are a lot harder to score against

stew

Quote from: Minder on March 01, 2008, 08:28:49 PM
in fairness to keegan he has really tightened things up at the back for newcastle,they are a lot harder to score against
[/qu

Aye, dead on, United hammered five past them last week and they didnt have it in them to hang on today. They are a joke at the back, in the middle and up front!

In other words, they are ket!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

pintsofguinness

Newcastle 9-2 on paddypower to be relegated, surely worth a few pound?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?