Premiership All Time Transfer Stats

Started by Dinny Breen, January 15, 2008, 11:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

QuoteJust checking there..
Adebayor was £7million

Evidence, Arsenal rarely disclose fees but Wiki (I know I know) has it as £3m, even £7m is remarkable.....

Full Back give up on Nani, the lad is brutal, what has he done to justify £14m....15 appearances and a poxy 2 goals.........
#newbridgeornowhere

Leg End

Quote from: full back on January 15, 2008, 03:34:51 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 03:30:22 PM
Nani is just pants, can't understand how people to think he offers value for money.....

How you can say this before he has even had a full season is beyond me

have to agree there.. he has scored a couple of screamers. pre season and since the start.ok sir alex hasn't played him that much but he did the same with ronaldo in his first season and look at him now. I think Sir Alex is training him up and trying to have him ready for when giggs is ready to hang the boots up.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Nzas0hjUc&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KccBSCxn3Eg&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=umESCYSJ8qA&feature=related

many many more for porto though

As for Hargreeves i'm very disappointed with his start and i can see the argument for not being value for money but i will definately give him more time before i judge him and hopefully we'll get a good run out of him injury free.... think him and anderson would be a great midfield pairing especially if Sir Alex gives anderson a free roll to attack and hargreeves to sit back. seen some clips of anderson before united and he really could take boys on and has a sweet left foot (absolutely no right foot though  ::) )  
we're here for a good time, not a long time

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 15, 2008, 03:50:17 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on January 15, 2008, 03:48:21 PM
Always likes Jimmy although I always thought he was a crazy looking bastard.
Not the sort of character you would like to run into down a dark alley.

Banged in a goal at the weekend against my favourite team also  >:(

Sheffield Wednesday fan?

Wouldnt call myself a fan to be honest, but they are my favourite soccer side.
Probably couldnt name 3 players at this stage but always look out for the results. Great memories from the early 90's though.
Ask me holy bollix

Leg End

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 03:52:47 PM
Adebayor was £7million

Evidence, Arsenal rarely disclose fees but Wiki (I know I know) has it as £3m, even £7m is remarkable.....

Full Back give up on Nani, the lad is brutal, what has he done to justify £14m....15 appearances and a poxy 2 goals.........
a lot as substitutes

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Leg End on January 15, 2008, 03:54:50 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 03:52:47 PM
Adebayor was £7million

a lot as substitutes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/n/nani_324066.stm

23 appearances of United this season - 8 as substitute - meaning he's started about 2/3 of those games

ONeill

Jees Fergie has made some massive blunders in his time.

Platt was good value in 97/98 in terms of his experience. His goal v Utd set the ball rolling. I think he scored 30-odd goals as well in his time at Arse.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

ONeill

Sorry, don't know what came over me there.

I suppose when you compare it to Parlour's, Petit's or Vieira's goalscoring record it wasn't the worst.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

Parlour - 22 in 339
Vieira - 29 in 279
Petit - 11 in 85

nifan

have kleberson (mu) marcelino (nu) or glen johnson (C) been mentioned yet?

Leg End

Leo

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 15, 2008, 11:49:34 AM
A certain Roy Keane at a mere £3.5m must surely go down as a great bit of business by United?

A certain £30 million spent by said Roy Keane in half a seson goes down full stop.
Fierce tame altogether

magpie seanie

OK - Sunderland overpaid for their goalie but he's not a turkey. I think he'll prove to be a good buy long term. He's young and quite a good keeper. If they'd paid say £6-7m for him then it would be a good deal. I wouldn't be entirely sure Roy could be totally blamed for the price though maybe you know better.

The next highest priced player bought last summer was Richardson who has played only a handful of games due to injury and has scored 3 goals. Again, I think he will prove a good buy. When playing regularly (as he did when on loan in a similar situation with WBA a couple of years ago) he is quite a decent player and actually made the England squad back then scoring on his debut. At £5.5m I'd say a bargain. Not Keane's fault the lad got injured. That's almost half the "wasted" £30m accounted for. There have been one or two duds alright abd a few journeymen given chances to resurrect their careers that they may not be capable of taking.

On Nani - I think Dinny is a bit harsh. I do not think he will turn out to be another Ronaldo but I can see him being quite a good player in time to come. I'd say "too early to judge".

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Leg End on January 15, 2008, 05:04:05 PM
wat about eric djemba djemba

'Djemba, Djemba so good they named him twice' was the chant!

From a Villa point of view I think ours has to be Bosko Balaban, John Gregory shelled out £6.5m and he didn't even score a goal for us!!

At the other end of the spectrum, getting the legend that is Paul McGrath for £400k was great business by Graham Taylor, in my eyes the best player to have ever wore the Claret and Blue.

thebandit

What about the Danish centre half who Everton bought that couldn't head the ball, Koldrup?