Premiership All Time Transfer Stats

Started by Dinny Breen, January 15, 2008, 11:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Nani was not expected to become a super star in his first season, he is a good buy and as said is having a similar impact to Ronaldo in his 1st season.  He has the potential to be great.  As for Hargreaves, he is worth the money and will prove it.  £30 million for Ferdinand is alot, but he has helped United develop the best defence in the premiership and one of the best in Europe.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rossie11

What did Newcastle pay for Owen?
It should be in the Terrible waste list.
A crock.

Guillet on a free was great business not just for his football ability but the fact that it raised the profile of Chelsea and players like Zola etc followed.

Wenger is the master when it comes to picking up the gems no question.

Rossie11

QuoteAs for Hargreaves, he is worth the money and will prove it
17m for a water carrier. you having a laugh.
The fact that he was Englands best player at the 2006 WC meant he was overvalued by 10m

Munich couldnt believe their luck.. he was about to be benched

Dinny Breen

QuoteNani was not expected to become a super star in his first season, he is a good buy and as said is having a similar impact to Ronaldo in his 1st season

FFS Nani is 21 and an international, he is only a year younger than Ronaldo. He has been a bad signing period Anderson on the other hand has been a great buy. As for Hargreaves, 5 appearances yea tremendous value  ::)

Chelsea deserve credit for sacking Mutu, in fairness they could afford to do it but he was looking like a great buy until his social life got in the way. I missed Cudicinci, he was actually a free transfer, great business that was...I don't think JFH was worth £15m but his record wasn't bad...Not sure about Alex yet, I'll give him time though....
#newbridgeornowhere

Goats Do Shave

Manchester United bought Peter Schemical in 1991 for £530,000...  :o

A deal Fergie claims was the deal of the century!

That Touré deal is truely remarkable - deal of this century perhaps!

full back

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 01:36:43 PM
QuoteNani was not expected to become a super star in his first season, he is a good buy and as said is having a similar impact to Ronaldo in his 1st season

FFS Nani is 21 and an international, he is only a year younger than Ronaldo. He has been a bad signing period Anderson on the other hand has been a great buy. As for Hargreaves, 5 appearances yea tremendous value  ::)

Chelsea deserve credit for sacking Mutu, in fairness they could afford to do it but he was looking like a great buy until his social life got in the way. I missed Cudicinci, he was actually a free transfer, great business that was...I don't think JFH was worth £15m but his record wasn't bad...Not sure about Alex yet, I'll give him time though....

::)
FFS Dinny
Give Alex a bit of time, but make sure you dont give Nani any

Dinny Breen

QuoteFFS Dinny
Give Alex a bit of time, but make sure you dont give Nani any

Was Alex brought in on a free, hence he could be a bargain but never could he be considered not value for money.....Nani is just pants, can't understand how people to think he offers value for money.....
#newbridgeornowhere

his holiness nb

I dont reckon Hasselbank to Chelsea was bad business, he must have been banging in 20 league goals a season for them. I dont have the stats but it must be close enough to that.

Thats impressive going at any rate.
Ask me holy bollix

Dinny Breen

I'm in the stats business today 70 goals in 136 appearances, might have to re-evaluate the Dutchman.........might be my dislike for O'Leary's Leeds that is clouding my judgement....
#newbridgeornowhere

full back

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 03:30:22 PM
Nani is just pants, can't understand how people to think he offers value for money.....

How you can say this before he has even had a full season is beyond me

Norf Tyrone

QuoteGuillet on a free was great business not just for his football ability but the fact that it raised the profile of Chelsea and players like Zola etc followed.

Fair point. Hoddle's appointment in 94 actually started a cultural change at Chelsea, which Gullit, Luca, and Ranieri cotinued in their own style. People tend to forget that pre Roman (FA in 97, ECWC, LC and super Cup in 98, FA in 2000) Chelsea did actually win trophies and get to Europe!

For the record...
Jimmy Floyd 119 full league starts....70 goals. 18 goals from 39 games in the cups! It's actually better than I remembered!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Dinny beat me to it with JFH's stats! I never added on the sub appearances. Probably the blue tinters that's making me do that :-)

Norf Tyrone

QuoteAdebayor Arsenal £3m

Just checking there..
Adebayor was £7million

his holiness nb

Always likes Jimmy although I always thought he was a crazy looking bastard.
Not the sort of character you would like to run into down a dark alley.

Banged in a goal at the weekend against my favourite team also  >:(
Ask me holy bollix

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 15, 2008, 03:48:21 PM
Always likes Jimmy although I always thought he was a crazy looking bastard.
Not the sort of character you would like to run into down a dark alley.

Banged in a goal at the weekend against my favourite team also  >:(

Sheffield Wednesday fan?