Started by SuperHans, January 13, 2008, 01:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalin

mc guigan back playing for ardboe or whats the current state of play
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

loughshore lad

Quote from: Stalin on February 05, 2008, 11:13:51 AM
mc guigan back playing for ardboe or whats the current state of play

Ardboe have not started back yet, they are not schelduled to start training until 19th of February as far as I know. Orangeman might know more....

Stalin

Did ardboe not ahve a match in the ulster league at the weekend? surely theyd need to be back training if theyr playing in that, no?
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

loughshore lad

Quote from: Stalin on February 05, 2008, 11:47:16 AM
Did ardboe not ahve a match in the ulster league at the weekend? surely theyd need to be back training if theyr playing in that, no?

The match at the weekend was postponed and will be played next Wednesday night as far as I know.
Why would they need to be back training just because they are entered in a pre season league competition?
The management is the same as last season so they have a fair idea of the player base available and could just select a squad for each game. I think they are sensible not starting back until when they are, it will leave players fresher in the long run.

orangeman

Training is supposed to start 19th Feb  -

illdecide

Quote from: orangeman on February 05, 2008, 12:14:36 PM
Training is supposed to start 19th Feb  -

At least you'll have a few weeks training over you's when you come Davitt Park to play the Blues. And tell them Ardboe men to leave their angry heads at home that day ;) A fella was telling me on sunday when the 2 teams met in the early 70's they killed each other and both teams were suspended for 1 year and i know we played Ardboe about 4 years ago and that was another punch up :o You Loughshore men are a hardy bunch ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

orangeman

I seem to recall that you were the agressors in the 70's !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

illdecide

Quote from: orangeman on February 05, 2008, 02:40:55 PM
I seem to recall that you were the agressors in the 70's !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Don't know about that i was only a sparkle in my Da's eye ;). But i def remember the last brawl. Was there some lad who was on "Blind Date" playing for you's cause i remember him cleaning me out in a tackle and he then recieved a few uppercuts afterwards and some of the guys saying that was the tube running around on blind date saying i'm from Ardboe and we "ate the spuds"

loughshore lad

Quote from: illdecide on February 05, 2008, 03:46:54 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 05, 2008, 02:40:55 PM

Don't know about that i was only a sparkle in my Da's eye ;). But i def remember the last brawl. Was there some lad who was on "Blind Date" playing for you's cause i remember him cleaning me out in a tackle and he then recieved a few uppercuts afterwards and some of the guys saying that was the tube running around on blind date saying i'm from Ardboe and we "ate the spuds"

That must have been more than 4 years ago - was the game at your place?

The player you are referring to is Mickey Coleman. He wont be playing on sunday as he is recovering from a broken leg - you are safe enough  ;D

orangeman

He wont be playing on sunday as he is recovering from a broken leg - you are safe enough 

He'll still have the old crutches in his hands ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

illdecide

Quote from: orangeman on February 05, 2008, 04:05:35 PM
He wont be playing on sunday as he is recovering from a broken leg - you are safe enough 

He'll still have the old crutches in his hands ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Will Brian Mc play a few games for Ardboe in the competition? You won't have anything to fear from Darragh Cross as they are brutal but i'd say the rest of the teams in the group would be a handfull

Surreal Steve

nothing liek a bit of stirring to heat up a forthcoming match between old rivals  :D :D :D :D

Doire abú

Whats the roll of honour for the Ulster League?

illdecide

St Pauls (Belfast) 0-05  Clan na Gael 1-15