Ulster Club Football League 2008

Started by SuperHans, January 13, 2008, 01:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

My understanding is that it is the Ulster Senior Football league. I would have thought that would be fairly self explanatory i.e. Senior teams and not Intermediate teams.

tieroan

Is there a roll of honour and has any Tyrone sides won it?

screenexile

Fair enough if that's the way you want to interpret it but I don't think it's particularlyhelpful to have intermediate teams play Senior teams as they are intermediate for a reason. Sure it's possible that an intermediate team in somewhere like Tyrone or Derry (with a lot of clubs) would probably beat a few senior sides in say fermanagh (which only has a few clubs) but it would be a massive exception to the rule IMO.

new devil

thewobbler

We've been in the competition since its inception, once as an intermediate (championship) team, last year. As far as I know, we were accepted on that occasion to help balance the numbers. Which is fair enough I'd say. By the way, I'd say there is a world of difference between a club at the top of the intermediate tree and a club at the bottom of the intermediate tree.

pintsofguinness

QuoteFair enough if that's the way you want to interpret it but I don't think it's particularlyhelpful to have intermediate teams play Senior teams as they are intermediate for a reason. Sure it's possible that an intermediate team in somewhere like Tyrone or Derry (with a lot of clubs) would probably beat a few senior sides in say fermanagh (which only has a few clubs) but it would be a massive exception to the rule IMO.

This is the fourth year of it isn't it? 
Silverbridge have entered in to it every year (though we withdrew at the last minute last year) and this is the third year we've been intermediate and division 2 and we have always done well beating our fair share of senior sides.

In 2006 we were intermediate and division 2 and if memory serves me well we missed out on the knock out stages when Tyholland beat us by two points - we'd won every other game.   
We also reached the knockout stages the year before though we were senior then.

btw intermediate and senior teams play each other all the time in Armagh.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the green man

ffs, we're away to Clonduff, Silverbridge and Roslea. Theres the carbon footprint up the left

KIDDO

But you will have the Tyrone county champions visiting your impressive surroundings.

orangeman

This year's competition was supposed to have been played on a regional basis - I thought that meant we'd be local - vut in fact it means playing all over the region !  ;)

the green man

Quote from: KIDDO on January 31, 2008, 11:23:27 PM
But you will have the Tyrone county champions visiting your impressive surroundings.

Yes, we have Dromore coming up on Sunday. Looking Forward to that. I hope we repay the welcome we got down there that we got when we played them boys in 03.

Gold

Rossa from Belfast are also in Division 2 and also play Intermediate championship if they bother to turn up 4 the match
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

illdecide

Ardboe and St Pauls of Belfast should be interesting games in our group, infact the last time we played Ardboe in a friendly match there was a free for all :D :D and St Pauls are well from Belfast enough said
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

5 Sams

Quote from: Gold on February 01, 2008, 12:30:39 AM
Rossa from Belfast are also in Division 2 and also play Intermediate championship if they bother to turn up 4 the match

They'll definitely not be turning up cos they have dropped out and been replaced by Coalisland
The Aristocrat Years

screenexile

We've some diesel bill to pay too!! Maghery... Aghyaran... Ballyshannon but it's OK! We got the other Derry team in our group at home  :-\ :-\

Candyman

Aghyaran (SP?) is a disaster to get to....