Anelka goes to Chelsea for £15m

Started by Uladh, January 11, 2008, 02:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Great "double your money in 18 months" business by bolton.

AZOffaly

I think that's a good deal for Chelsea as well. Anelka, for all his younger sulking, seems to have settled down, forced his way back for France and is a legitimate goal threat. Liverpool could have done a lot worse than taking him back when they had the chance. I thought he'd end up at United.

Gabriel_Hurl

his transfer deals are close to what - £85 million now or so?

He's scored 113 goals for those teams - that's £752,000 per goal

great value

AZOffaly

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

He did well at Bolton, seems to have matured, and is one of the few strikers who you can count on to score goals. Assuming his relatively new maturity is the real deal, £15 million is not bad business for a lad with his attributes.

Minder

Houllier fcuked him about nicely at Liverpool, will be a good buy for Chelsea. Glad he didnt go to Salford as he is just what they need.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

full back

Think its a good deal for Chelsea.
Pity Utd didnt sign him :'(
For all this bullsh1t about him being sulk, I heard this may not be the case and it is more the w4nkers that surround him that feed stories to the press.
Either way, with him & Drogba up front Chelsea will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season

AZOffaly

He definitely used to be a sulk, or at least had many problems with authority, earlier in his career. but he seems to have calmed down and got on with it since his exile in Turkey.

Rav67

Importantly for Chelsea is that he seems equally comfortable playing through the middle on his own in a 4-3-3 or with a partner, as they seem to vary their formation a bit sometimes.

Uladh

I agree he's a good signing for chelsea. i actually think he'll be most effective playing off drogba in a 442.

not sure he'd have succeeded at united. shoulder of the last man strikers haven't fitted into fergie's teams. the nearest has been andy cole, who didn't succeed until he adapted his game and became more involved in general play. berbatov is our man... cross between eric and matt le tiss

magpie seanie

Quotenot sure he'd have succeeded at united. shoulder of the last man strikers haven't fitted into fergie's teams. the nearest has been andy cole, who didn't succeed until he adapted his game and became more involved in general play. berbatov is our man... cross between eric and matt le tiss

Was just going to post roughly the same. A good read of the situation. Berbatov would fit into the team alright. His vision and range of passing would compliment those around him. Talk of United needing a goal machine striker seems to be completely oblivious to the fact that Ronaldo is banging in 20 a season.

AZOffaly

Seanie and Uladh, If United did land Berbatov, where would you see him fitting into the team? It seems that Rooney and Tevez sort of alternate that role you are taking about between them at the moment. It would be hard to drop either of them, or would you play Rooney a bit more withdrawn? Or drop Tevez?

turk

Is Berbatov availabe for European games if he was to make a transfer?

Minder

Quote from: Uladh on January 11, 2008, 03:19:00 PM

I agree he's a good signing for chelsea. i actually think he'll be most effective playing off drogba in a 442.

not sure he'd have succeeded at united. shoulder of the last man strikers haven't fitted into fergie's teams. the nearest has been andy cole, who didn't succeed until he adapted his game and became more involved in general play. berbatov is our man... cross between eric and matt le tiss

Couldnt lace eithers boots.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

David McKeown

Once Anelka plays for Chelsea will he be the first player (at least in the premiership) to have played for three of the big four?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Uladh

He'd be avilable for CL all right.

AZ - Difference with berbatov and an eric the king or sheringham is that he doesn't drop off ala rooney. he leads the line and operates a lot of the time in the box. he's a sort of subtle version of mark hughes. very importantly, he's an aerial threat. still don't think fergie will gethim til the summer.