Anelka goes to Chelsea for £15m

Started by Uladh, January 11, 2008, 02:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

I think Berbatov scored 11 league goals last year, Dirk Kuyt type figures. He can be a bit of a lazy fecker and he wont be playing Reading every week.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Did I read somewhere that Anelka has found religion, and hence has mellowed on the back of it?

I think Anelka is a great player, and could make a major impact, but Chelsea can be a graveyard for strikers (Shevchenko, Sutton, Fleck, Kezman, and to a degree Crespo), and therefore I welcome him but remain slightly reserved.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

I was reading recently where Anelka's agents admitted he moves from club to club regularly in order to send his cut to his family, many of whom are still relatively poor.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Tis. Was a rare set up. Whilst playing at Arsenal the three of them lived in a dingy flat so that the money wasn't being spent on luxuries.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 11, 2008, 07:15:14 PM
Did I read somewhere that Anelka has found religion, and hence has mellowed on the back of it?

I think Anelka is a great player, and could make a major impact, but Chelsea can be a graveyard for strikers (Shevchenko, Sutton, Fleck, Kezman, and to a degree Crespo), and therefore I welcome him but remain slightly reserved.

Norf do you not think Crespo did ok? His games/goals ratio was probably as good as many when he was at Chelsea, he scores goals everywhere he goes. His goalin 2005 CL final, the chip over Dudek is one of the finest you will see, he actually put spin on the ball when he dinked it over Dudek.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"