XBOX 360 Help!

Started by corn02, January 05, 2008, 09:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Right question.

I have got an Xbox for Xmas and I want to play online and I have limited knowledge in thsi type of thing.

Firstly my broadband is not wireless how, where and how much is it to change it to wireless? Also can it be done instantly.

Secondly if I buy yon Xb360 wireless bridge thing will it work if i have wireless broadband. Do i simply plug it into my xbox and it picks up the feed. My xbox will be approx 30 metres from my pc. does the pc have to be on and connected to the net for my cbox to pick up the signal. I have no ethernet port on my pc will that come into play?

corn02

Come on the f**k, Laoislad your good at this shit

BUMP!

The Real Laoislad

My advice.......

Buy a PS3  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

If you wanna make your broadband wireless all you have too do is buy a wireless router from PC World or somewhere,Its easy to set up its just connected through your modem
As for the XBOX 360 questions i really don't know as i dont have a xbox..
My advice too you would be to join up to a xbox 360 forum there are loads of them on the net just type xbox 360 forums into google,I joined  one for PS3 owners..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: corn02 on January 05, 2008, 09:57:16 PM
Right question.

I have got an Xbox for Xmas and I want to play online and I have limited knowledge in thsi type of thing.

Firstly my broadband is not wireless how, where and how much is it to change it to wireless? Also can it be done instantly.

Secondly if I buy yon Xb360 wireless bridge thing will it work if i have wireless broadband. Do i simply plug it into my xbox and it picks up the feed. My xbox will be approx 30 metres from my pc. does the pc have to be on and connected to the net for my cbox to pick up the signal. I have no ethernet port on my pc will that come into play?
As LL said you'll need a wireless router . To connect to your wireless router after that you don't need your pc on or too have a Ethernet port . Just the router on . How ever you'll need some way of getting the  wireless SSID (Password) from the router which is normally done via USB or Ethernet
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

corn02

Cheers lad I don't know what an SS1D password is. So are you's basically telling me if I buy a wireless router and the nthis product here from XBOX i will have online play?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wireless-Bridge/dp/B000AYTQ7O/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1199662169&sr=8-1

or will I just need the one?

Gnevin

Quote from: corn02 on January 06, 2008, 11:30:31 PM
Cheers lad I don't know what an SS1D password is. So are you's basically telling me if I buy a wireless router and the nthis product here from XBOX i will have online play?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Wireless-Bridge/dp/B000AYTQ7O/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1199662169&sr=8-1

or will I just need the one?
You'll need both .
SSID is a password on the router for the wireless network . Some times these are printed on the bottom but most times not . To get the key ,you'll need a USB router or a friend/Shop to get the key of the router via Ethernet
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

if you have a wireless router can anyone turn on a pc in the house and use the net?
Can two use it at the same time?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2008, 11:42:50 PM
if you have a wireless router can anyone turn on a pc in the house and use the net?
Can two use it at the same time?
If they have the SSID (Password) they can connect , and two people can share the connect grand . If your both downloading half the net it might be a bit slow but in most case's should be an issue . I've had 4/5 on my wireless network with no issue's

pintsofguinness

thanks, so if there's broadband all you need to do is get wireless router and plug in it I assume and off you go?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Cheers Gnevin. Both seem to come to about £80 an o.k loutlay if it gets the desired results. One last question, if I get a wireless router will I have to get a different boradband package to allow the router to work?

gerry

slightly of the subject. mate of mine, uses his next door neighbours broadband as they do not have it security protected, one router can do a few pc's.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 06, 2008, 11:47:12 PM
thanks, so if there's broadband all you need to do is get wireless router and plug in it I assume and off you go?
Yeah pretty much , once they all have a wireless adaptor in them

Gnevin

Quote from: corn02 on January 06, 2008, 11:47:55 PM
Cheers Gnevin. Both seem to come to about £80 an o.k loutlay if it gets the desired results. One last question, if I get a wireless router will I have to get a different boradband package to allow the router to work?
No you will just plug your broadband into the router and that should be that