Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 04, 2008, 02:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Obama
McCain

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: carribbear on September 05, 2008, 08:25:33 AM
Quote from: Declan on September 05, 2008, 07:40:16 AM
QuoteObamas ideas are a flashback to the days of robin hood...or Zimbabwe in modern times. Very scary.

Jesus - If this is the level of thinking out there it'll be great craic till November

You should listen to Obama's pastor and his sermons to get the real scoop on what the thinking is. Look up reverend jeremiah wright. Eventually Obama had to disown him as his sermons became headline news on tv and were damaging his campaign.

Unfortunately the Republicans will never distance themselves from the Christian Right. In fact most of them are the Christian Right. McCain sought the endorsement of Rev Hagee whose anti-Catholicism makes Ian Paisley in his heyday look like a moderate. Many of the Christian Right also support Israel's war against the Arab world in the hopes that it will speed up the Day of Judgement. Total nutcases. Rev Wright on the otherhand spoke out against oppression, slavery, nuclear weapons, the treatment of Palestine. Much of what he said was on the button.

Tyrones own

QuoteMany of the Christian Right also support Israel's war against the Arab world in the hopes that it will speed up the Day of Judgement.

???

QuoteMuch of what he said was on the button.

The man is an anti American out and out racist Turlough, now if that's the kind of ideal or rhetoric that floats your
boat well then you're entitled to it, just don't knock some of us "Christian Righters" for thinking there's no place for it
this day and age, nor no place for a man running for the highest office to be in anyway associated with it.
Just my opinion of course, which i am entitled to just as you are.. as clearly stated above.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stephenite

Once I hear creationism and the need for it to be taught in schools, I become very frightened. If you think someone who believes that is fit for high office than I am equally as frightened and fearful for the future of the world, these people are stark raving f**king insane, loo las, seriously, how are these people not sectioned?

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 06, 2008, 02:37:22 AM
QuoteMany of the Christian Right also support Israel's war against the Arab world in the hopes that it will speed up the Day of Judgement.

???

The twisted belief by the Christian Right that the destruction of Israel will be Armagedoon, and herald the day of judgement. These lunatics have got their tongues hanging out waiting to be admitted into Heaven while the rest will be "left behind".

QuoteMuch of what he said was on the button.

The man is an anti American out and out racist Turlough, now if that's the kind of ideal or rhetoric that floats your
boat well then you're entitled to it, just don't knock some of us "Christian Righters" for thinking there's no place for it
this day and age, nor no place for a man running for the highest office to be in anyway associated with it.
Just my opinion of course, which i am entitled to just as you are.. as clearly stated above.
[/quote]

John McCain sought the endorsement of Rev Hagee, despite his Anti-Catholic and Anti-semetic bile. I saw some clips of the Republican convention and folks like Mitt Romney seem to be filled with pure hatred and the whole crowd looked like a shocking shower of fanatics with their "Drill baby Drill" signs. Rev Wright on the otherhand spoke more about injustices and was correct about many things but those points were lost in the attempts to smear Obama by his association with the church. I find the Christian Right/Republican stuff much worse as it's always expressed with a holier than thou sickliness. That combination of relgious fundamentalism, oil and xenophobia is the reason the world is screwed up today. Tis a pity we couldn't  just drill a big hole and throw the lot of them into it.

Tyrones own

QuoteJohn McCain sought the endorsement of Rev Hagee, despite his Anti-Catholic and Anti-semetic bile. I saw some clips of the Republican convention and folks like Mitt Romney seem to be filled with pure hatred and the whole crowd looked like a shocking shower of fanatics with their "Drill baby Drill" signs.

Taken word for word out of Cenk Uygur's blog, congratulations ::) tell me this isn't where you boy's are going fact finding
to put forth these compelling arguments :D
Look lads, you're actually showing weakness in being overcome with frustration at the commotion surrounding Palin,
Like her or not, she's the hottest ticket in town with everyone wanting a piece of her, with the exception of course
being Oprah saying that she didn't want to be seen to be taking sides, even though she was perched up balling her eye's
out during Obama's speech... racism perhaps, or do I have to be black to use that term ::)
McCain has also closed the gap in the polls since she came on board, maybe that's not sitting too well with some of you either ;D

QuoteTis a pity we couldn't  just drill a big hole and throw the lot of them into it.

I agree but Democrats included cause last i checked they have control of the house....... we'll have to wait til they get back from vacation though ::)

- Walter Lippmann

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 06, 2008, 07:24:14 AM

QuoteJohn McCain sought the endorsement of Rev Hagee, despite his Anti-Catholic and Anti-semetic bile. I saw some clips of the Republican convention and folks like Mitt Romney seem to be filled with pure hatred and the whole crowd looked like a shocking shower of fanatics with their "Drill baby Drill" signs.

Taken word for word out of Cenk Uygur's blog, congratulations ::) tell me this isn't where you boy's are going fact finding
Look lads, you're actually showing weakness in being overcome with frustration at the commotion surrounding Palin,
Like her or not, she's the hottest ticket in town with everyone wanting a piece of her, with the exception of course
being Oprah saying that she didn't want to be seen to be taking sides, even though she was perched up balling her eye's
out during Obama's speech... racism perhaps, or do I have to be black to use that term ::)
McCain has also closed the gap in the polls since she came on board, maybe that's not sitting too well with some of you either ;D

QuoteTis a pity we couldn't  just drill a big hole and throw the lot of them into it.

I agree but Democrats included cause last i checked they have control of the house....... we'll have to wait til they get back from vacation though ::)

looks wise maybe, otherwise all she is doing is adding a bit of life to the republican ticket after john mc cain put the  nation to sleep with his speech. also to claim oprah is being racist in not having her on her show is farfetched to say the least
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Hardy

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 05, 2008, 05:56:31 PM
QuoteImagine that crazy gun woman in charge of the red button.

:D simply because she's a member of the NRA.  Ba :D
   CNN are hiring people with that type thought process ::)

Crazy because of the beliefs she espouses. Crazy is one of the mildest descriptions I can think of for the belief that creationism should taught as science.

Gun woman because she's in the NRA. Though that alone might be enough to classify her as crazy, given the beliefs THEY espouse.

Seamus

Before anybody decides which moronic puppet, Democrat or Republican they are going to vote for, get some education from the following websites, a few hundred thousand downloadable pages of facts:

http://www.americandeception.com

http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com

Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt worked for the first Reagan administration but decided to change from the easier life of deception to that of putting the American people first, A TRUE AMERICAN HERO.

I trust that the likes of J70 will thoroughly check out these sites, regrettably others will not even click on the links.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 06, 2008, 07:24:14 AM

Have no clue who Cenk Uygur is so stop acting the amadan. Secondly I never mentioned Palin. No nothing about her. It's the republican party that is seeking another term. I know enough about the positions of the Republican party and the fundamentialism of the Christian Right that swells its ranks. Hagee is a drop in the ocean of religious nuts supporting the red ticket. They espouse Judgement Day with the same zeal they expouse creationism. They desire a big flame up in the middle East to speed up their entry into heaven. Sick hardly even describes them.

Tyrones own

Quotelooks wise maybe, otherwise all she is doing is adding a bit of life to the republican ticket after john mc cain put the  nation to sleep with his speech.

Adding a bit of life would be an understatement and like the rest, for obvious reasons you feel the need to down play the interest
and commotion surrounding her.
As for McCain's speech, sleep worthy and all as you believe it was, he enjoyed bigger numbers tuning in than Obama did :P

Quotealso to claim oprah is being racist in not having her on her show is farfetched to say the least

Really... How so?

QuoteCrazy because of the beliefs she espouses. Crazy is one of the mildest descriptions I can think of for the belief that creationism should taught as science.

Could you by chance throw a link up for us that clearly states that she wants creationism taught as science,
all i can find is that when pressed on the issue she said and i quote "teach both, there shouldn't be a prohibition
for healthy debates amongst our children in schools that may hold alternative views"
I'm not saying for a minute that she doesn't, I just can't find evidence of it other than the left wing blogs
hammering on it
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

QuoteHave no clue who Cenk Uygur is so stop acting the amadan.

Does the Huffington post ring a bell?

QuoteThey espouse Judgement Day with the same zeal they expouse creationism. They desire a big flame up in the middle East to speed up their entry into heaven. Sick hardly even describes them.

That's the third time you mentioned this and it only gets more laughable each time,
this kind of thinking or rhetoric reminds me of the lad you'd see standing on a milk crate
in the city centre with the two lumps of plywood around his neck spouting doomsday
nonsense years ago :D
Maybe you should find a way to vent that pent up anger that you carry around....it can't be healthy
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Actually no Fionn, I get great craic out of the divide ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2008, 04:43:15 PM
Is it me or does anyone else find American politics depressing?  :-\

Very depressing to see a mother force a shotgun wedding to suit her political image and then march the unfortunate mortified looking teenagers out onto the world stage to reinforce that image. Depressing alright.
MWWSI 2017

Seamus

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 06, 2008, 04:55:52 PM
Actually no Fionn, I get great craic out of the divide ;)

There is no divide, as I've stated before, we have one party in the disguise of two and a dog and pony show for the gullible.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Tyrones own

QuoteThere is no divide, as I've stated before, we have one party in the disguise of two and a dog and pony show for the gullible

I completely agree with your second point, however, to say there is no divide between Liberal
and conservative views is a tad wide of the mark....especially on here and most times
from lads that have never even been to this country but yet seem to know enough to form very staunch views based on
and thanks to the liberal blogs that they can't get enough of  ::)

QuoteVery depressing to see a mother force a shotgun wedding to suit her political image and then march the unfortunate mortified looking teenagers out onto the world stage to reinforce that image.

Can I ask where you read that she forced her daughter into a shotgun wedding,
and maybe I'm mistaken but weren't McCain's kids there too, did i also see Obama's kids as well
as Biden's kids being marched on to the stage at their convention ::)
I do know you can do better than that Muppet
  - Walter Lippmann