The 2008 US Election thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 04, 2008, 02:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Obama
McCain

TacadoirArdMhacha

CNN projecting New York for Clinton.

Ahead in Massachutests as well which may be pivotal although Boston City still has to declare.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

Massachusetts being projected for Clinton. Given that Ted Kennedy's endorsement hasn't even carried his own state, it a big victory for Clinton and bad news for us Obama supporters.

David McKeown

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 06, 2008, 02:48:00 AM
Massachusetts being projected for Clinton. Given that Ted Kennedy's endorsement hasn't even carried his own state, it a big victory for Clinton and bad news for us Obama supporters.

Massachusetts will have cheered up the Clinton camp no end a populous state which was looking a likely Obama state will mean an awful lot
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

stew

Quote from: David McKeown on February 06, 2008, 03:25:25 AM

Massachusetts will have cheered up the Clinton camp no end a populous state which was looking a likely Obama state will mean an awful lot

They shouldnt read too much into it, after all the good people of  Massachusetts have long given a damn about anything a Kennedy says.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Quote from: stew on February 06, 2008, 04:18:09 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on February 06, 2008, 03:25:25 AM

They shouldnt read too much into it, after all the good people of  Massachusetts have long given a damn about anything a Kennedy says.

Especially Ted.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TacadoirArdMhacha

What happens Romney's delegates now?

Can they transfer to Huckabee? Looks like McCain has it now anyway although Romney and Huckabee combined have almost 500 delegates compared to Romney's 707. Huckabee would havta start beating McCain on a very regular basis and that's unlikley to happen as he doesn't seem to have a broad appeal.

Poor value for the $40 million for Romney!

heganboy

could be a smart play from Romney- he is now seen as the one who unified the party- took one for the team etc, and has done this in a way that will please the GOP big shots. eye on 2012 methinks
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on February 07, 2008, 06:41:57 PM
could be a smart play from Romney- he is now seen as the one who unified the party- took one for the team etc, and has done this in a way that will please the GOP big shots. eye on 2012 methinks

He will never be president however there may be a back stairs political deal that sets him up for the VP position or secretary of state should they prevail in the elections.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magickingdom

wow amazed to hear that, that was one expensive run. maybe he has vp lined up as stew said. dont think mccain comes across great on telly btw

heganboy

rudy has been jockeying for VP with McCain- don't think he has any shot though
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

ziggysego

Ex-US President George Bush Snr endorses John McCain as the Republican Electional Candidate.
Testing Accessibility

stephenite