The Big Freeze!!!!

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, January 02, 2008, 07:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

There was a FREE PEEE minister years ago that used to argue that They - free pees - were the descendants of the Lost Tribe of Israel and the reason that God wanted them to live in 'Ulster' was because that HE diverted the Gulf Stream to give them a land of milk and honey (and fuckin rain!)...

FL/MAYO

In the 50's here today ;D ;D,the Floridians are freezing it is funny to watch them as they have no concept of what real cold feels like.

stephenite

Hasn't been less than 29 here for the last week and I'm sweatin like hell. Would kill for a walk along Enniscrone beach right now!

Coldest place I ever was when I lived in Dundee :o

ziggysego

The coldest place I've been to, is a club game at Greencastle. Needed a duffle coat.
Testing Accessibility

CiKe

nothing in particular stands out but whoever mentioned the 2006 club finals is absolutely right. fecking freezing altogether and to make it worse they lost the bloody thing!

Puckoon

We are expecting between 5 and 10 feet of snow in the mountains this weekend. As in toronto - sun is splitting the trees, but its baltic cold.

Coldest place Ive ever been was budapest, january time. Cold to the bone.

Rufus T Firefly

The coldest that I can remember was the famous Winter of Discontent over the winter of 1978/79. As well as chaos in labour relations, the weather brought chaos, with temperatures locally dropping to the minus high teens (celsius). In the era before double glazing, I can well remember the insides of all the windows freezing over and local rivers freezing over! The coldest I ever remember.

As for snow, January 1982 was the heaviest that I can recall. First day back after the Christmas break, and play abandoned by lunch time - make your own way home  :-\ and subsequently off for another week or more!!    8)

ONeill

I remember Mickey Harte saying that the players told him that the Croke Park changing rooms in 2002 after the Sligo game was a 'cold, dark place' and that they never wanted to return to there for a while as he didn't like cold and dark places. Poor Joe Kernan didn't hear that interview and walked straight into it the following year. He was never the same again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on January 03, 2008, 12:48:24 AM
I remember Mickey Harte saying that the players told him that the Croke Park changing rooms in 2002 after the Sligo game was a 'cold, dark place' and that they never wanted to return to there for a while as he didn't like cold and dark places. Poor Joe Kernan didn't hear that interview and walked straight into it the following year. He was never the same again.

Was that not Tallys experience in 96?

Seany

Cold dark places?  I prefer warm wet places ;D

Puckoon

You sound like you were lost in the amazon for a while alright with the machine gun post. :o

Abble

mid December 2000 - NFL game Chicago Bears at home to Green Bay....sitting in -20 for over 3 hrs !
would do it all over again though

FL/MAYO

Just left work and it was 35 degrees the coldest that it has got since I moved to South Florida 15 years ago, chilly enough since I was wearing shorts, t-shirt and flip flops, it is nice for a change but back up into the 70's tomorrow ;).

Gabriel_Hurl

it's 8:30am and it's - 17°C
It's going to be +14°C on Tuesday

this country is fecked

Orior

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on January 02, 2008, 07:46:57 PM
Met a guy today who told me that the weather in the next few days will be like 1963. He says that every year though, not that I can recall 1963. We really have it too easy here with that old tropical wind etc. Over on the continent or New York, now that is really cold at this moment. Met a guy who brought his Missus to Prague in November and couldn't walk 20 yards through fear of freezing to death. It's all balls here (warm ones) - we don't know what a winter is. The worst one I remember is 1979 .. football pools panel (who?) sitting every Saturday - matches postponed 30 times etc. They say we need a good old winter here to kill off them wasps / rats etc, but I don't think we're gonna get it this year. Can anyone recall the last decent snow we had here? (Please don't suggest that global warming bollix)

Ah the memories
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians