FBD Connacht League 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, December 30, 2007, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: rosnarun on January 17, 2008, 03:09:48 PM
I see you've mayo first . I beleive it a home game for roscommon in the home of FBD Ballinlough , what a hole, was there for a game and despite an attendence of only 1500 there were worse traffic james than a connacht final. The powers that be seem to really want to bury this competition,

Agreed Ballinlough is an awful choice of venue for an inter county match. Since its a home game for Ros game should be played in Ballaghaderreen!

stephenite

Is Ballaghaderreen still the worst pitch in Mayo? You couldn't play an Inter county match on that

AhFeckRef

QuoteNot necessarily. I hear Leitrim are looking for a reply of last weeks game! For an FBD league game - aren't they some shower!

LOL Sweet from a Sligo man.  :D

Anyway, from leitrimgaa.ie

Leitrim GAA will not be pursuing the issue any further that the FBD League game v Galway should be replayed. This situation had arisen for consideration as a result of the unfortunate sending off in error of one our players early in the second half. Following consideration of the facts in the case, the rule book and the manner in which similar situations were dealt with previously and having sought an interpretation of rule from higher GAA authorities, Leitrim GAA will not be taking this issue any further.

magpie seanie

QuoteLOL Sweet from a Sligo man.

What's your point? I assume you know the difference between a championship game and an FBD game?

If ye win next Sunday don't get all carried away. It's only the FBD league.

AhFeckRef

muppet

Is this our first Leitrim poster? Cant think of any other.

Welcome AhFeckRef.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Quote from: stephenite on January 17, 2008, 09:15:53 PM
Is Ballaghaderreen still the worst pitch in Mayo?

Ballagh is NOT IN MAYO. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Not that I  agreed with the Sligo county board at the time but it did stop us from being relegated from DIV1 of NFL so wasnt complaining too much. FBD league mickey mouse comp in comparison.

If were going recounting history on teams winning off the pitch. Sligo were arguably hardest done by   :'(... but its in the past so lets leave it there. Just get over it and move on. And look forward to a competitive connaght championship with hopefully no clowns like corcoran anywhere near a match.

The question ID be asking is about standard of referring. Only one worse than corcoran was hughes from tyrone last yr. He really made me question the intergrity of refs.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

stephenite

Quote from: Rossfan on January 18, 2008, 11:45:12 PM
Quote from: stephenite on January 17, 2008, 09:15:53 PM
Is Ballaghaderreen still the worst pitch in Mayo?

Ballagh is NOT IN MAYO. >:(

Would you ever change the record you complete clown - this is a GAA discussion board, for reasons that you're well aware of Ballagh play their Gaelic Football in Mayo. For the purposes of discussion on GAA matters, Ballaghaderren is in Mayo, if you want to discuss the injustice of this, set up your own discussion board or head over to Stolen Sheep where some people might give a f**k, no one here does.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: AhFeckRef on January 18, 2008, 09:22:34 PM

Seanie.

Lest we forget Sligo v Kildare 2003. A league game I do believe...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/shock-twist-to-kildare-sub--plot-312740.html

Indeed. Not something I agreed with but it did keep us up. Still the FBD is hardly worth rowing over. But don't go complaining over that tool Corcoran, you'll probably ensure that he will end up reffing the Connacht final. ;)

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 18, 2008, 11:52:47 PM
If were going recounting history on teams winning off the pitch. Sligo were arguably hardest done by   :'(... but its in the past so lets leave it there. Just get over it and move on. And look forward to a competitive connaght championship with hopefully no clowns like corcoran anywhere near a match.

The question ID be asking is about standard of referring. Only one worse than corcoran was hughes from tyrone last yr. He really made me question the intergrity of refs.
Yeah, the old tactic of resotring to objection cost us on more than one occasion, not least when being the original All-Ireland finalists of 1922.

No, Corcoran is worse than Hughes, and that says a lot. His old lad and brother are meant to be pure clowns too. Was told of Corcoran's "ability" long before I seen him ref us, was still amazed at his ineptitude all the same. This idea of bringing in refs who have reached the top in ladies football (Case Study: Duffy, Martin.) to the mens game is disastrous, they ruin any game that get their hands on.

Rossfan

Quote from: stephenite on January 19, 2008, 12:03:47 AM
Ballaghaderren is in Mayo
IT IS NOT.
When new cars in Ballgh are registered MO,when Mayo Co Council fix their roads/footpaths/sewers etc,when Ballagh businesses start paying rates to Mayo Co Co,when Andy Moran and his family start supporting Mayo, when nobody in Ballagh support their native Co of Ros -
Then I will change the record.
Until then I will oppose the great unwashed as they espouse their mistruths.
As for the match on Sunday -another defeat for us I'm afraid.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AhFeckRef

QuoteIs this our first Leitrim poster? Cant think of any other.

Welcome AhFeckRef.

Been lurking around here for years. Only post every now and then.
There are a few other Leitim people in here. 45GoneShort for example.

AhFeckRef

Quotebut its in the past so lets leave it there.

Agree Sligonian / Owenmoresider.  Couldn't help rising to magpie seanie's bait though!  ;)

QuoteStill the FBD is hardly worth rowing over

Kind of sums up the general cynicism for this competition. Nobody really gives a flying f&^% about it. Really have to wonder why it exists at all.
Last year a Leitrm game was cancelled due to waterlogged pitches in Galway and it never was replayed. Did anybody care....

Don't really agree with this "hard done by" attitue that's coming out of the Leitrim setup towards the media in situations like this and last summer.
When push comes to shove the guys on the field should be making the headlines, not refs, county board officials or managers. We should be putting the shoulder to the wheel and grafting results, not this 1 point "moral victory" crap which we see all to often in the last few years.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: AhFeckRef on January 19, 2008, 12:30:44 PM
QuoteStill the FBD is hardly worth rowing over

Kind of sums up the general cynicism for this competition. Nobody really gives a flying f&^% about it. Really have to wonder why it exists at all.
Last year a Leitrm game was cancelled due to waterlogged pitches in Galway and it never was replayed. Did anybody care....

Don't really agree with this "hard done by" attitue that's coming out of the Leitrim setup towards the media in situations like this and last summer.
When push comes to shove the guys on the field should be making the headlines, not refs, county board officials or managers. We should be putting the shoulder to the wheel and grafting results, not this 1 point "moral victory" crap which we see all to often in the last few years.
Indeed, I wouldn'tmind if the January competitions were scrapped altogether, but then the Connacht equivalent doesn't have the tradition of the McKenna or O'Byrne Cups, so they will go on.

Re Leitrim, that's quite true, It's a while since ye got a right trimming in C'ship (Dublin 04 maybe?), but moral victories are no good, at least that's something we rectified ourselves  in this decade. Meath, Galway and Donegal all pushed close - it would be good to see ye take one of them eventually. As long as it's not us though, don't want a repeat of days like Carrick '05... :'(