FBD Connacht League 2009

Started by Farrandeelin, December 30, 2007, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Barney on January 14, 2008, 07:56:54 AM
It is now 9 months since Ros have won a match

Mind you Barney that was in ye're unhappy hunting ground Páirc an Chrócaigh  ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

From Hoganstand:

The Connacht Council have confirmed that official Declan Corcoran has admitted in his referee's report that it was an error to send off Michael Duignan during last Sunday's Connacht FBD FL encounter with Galway.

Leitrim county PRO Brendan Doyle confirmed the news and explained the Duignan was now back free to play after the referee admitted that he had only issued one yellow card to the player who should not have been sent off.

"In addition the referee Declan Corcoran, has also apologised to Michael Duignan, the Leitrim players and management for the error which resulted in Leitrim being reduced to 14 players from the 12th minute of the second half," confirmed the Leitrim official.

"The error occurred when Michael received a yellow card followed by a red card as the referee mistook him for another Leitrim player who was booked earlier. Michael had not in fact received an earlier yellow card.

"Leitrim County Board made their concerns known to Connacht Council about the error through appropriate channels immediately after the game and this latest news is welcomed as the red card is now rescinded and Michael's record is cleared. Should the red card (double yellow) have been recorded then Michael would have faced the risk of an automatic two week suspension in the event of receiving another red (as a result of two yellows) in a game in the proceeding 48 weeks."
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 16, 2008, 06:43:37 PM
From Hoganstand:

The Connacht Council have confirmed that official Declan Corcoran has admitted in his referee's report that it was an error to send off Michael Duignan during last Sunday's Connacht FBD FL encounter with Galway.

Leitrim county PRO Brendan Doyle confirmed the news and explained the Duignan was now back free to play after the referee admitted that he had only issued one yellow card to the player who should not have been sent off.

"In addition the referee Declan Corcoran, has also apologised to Michael Duignan, the Leitrim players and management for the error which resulted in Leitrim being reduced to 14 players from the 12th minute of the second half," confirmed the Leitrim official.

The error occurred when Michael received a yellow card followed by a red card as the referee mistook him for another Leitrim player who was booked earlier. Michael had not in fact received an earlier yellow card.

"Leitrim County Board made their concerns known to Connacht Council about the error through appropriate channels immediately after the game and this latest news is welcomed as the red card is now rescinded and Michael's record is cleared. Should the red card (double yellow) have been recorded then Michael would have faced the risk of an automatic two week suspension in the event of receiving another red (as a result of two yellows) in a game in the proceeding 48 weeks."

He might also admit that it was an error for him to ever start refereeing and call it a day, has to be the worst referee in Mayo >:( >:(

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

the Deel Rover

i caan't understand how he gets club games never mind county games are county referess not assessed?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 17, 2008, 10:11:14 AM
i caan't understand how he gets club games never mind county games are county referess not assessed?
He didnt get it from the wind.  His auld fella is/was a brutal ref and as far as I know he has a younger brother following in his illustrious footsteps  :-\

the Deel Rover

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 17, 2008, 11:06:04 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 17, 2008, 10:11:14 AM
He didnt get it from the wind.  His auld fella is/was a brutal ref and as far as I know he has a younger brother following in his illustrious footsteps  :-\

A refereeing Dynasty :P :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

GaillimhIarthair

Fixtures for this weekend (very hard to locate these, but I think this is correct!).  Venues are subject to weather conditions !

Galway v GMIT (Spiddal 2pm Sunday)
Mayo v Roscommon
Leitrim v Sligo (Carrick)
NUIG v IT Sligo

A win for both Galway and NUIG would put them both into the final as far as I know. 

magpie seanie

QuoteA win for both Galway and NUIG would put them both into the final as far as I know.

Not necessarily. I hear Leitrim are looking for a reply of last weeks game! For an FBD league game - aren't they some shower!

GaillimhIarthair

They would be better off concentrating on the league which starts in 2 weeks time rather that wasting their time looking for a replay.  We finished with 13 players, courtesty of Mr Corcoran, and they had more than enough time to get an equaliser on the day (granted Fitzy was sent off very near the finish).

rosnarun

I see you've mayo first . I beleive it a home game for roscommon in the home of FBD Ballinlough , what a hole, was there for a game and despite an attendence of only 1500 there were worse traffic james than a connacht final. The powers that be seem to really want to bury this competition,
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

magpie seanie

Its worth winning with a trip to NY on offer at the end of the season!

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: rosnarun on January 17, 2008, 03:09:48 PM
I see you've mayo first . I beleive it a home game for roscommon in the home of FBD Ballinlough , what a hole, was there for a game and despite an attendence of only 1500 there were worse traffic james than a connacht final. The powers that be seem to really want to bury this competition,
To be honest Rosnarun, I really wasnt too sure who had home advantage for some of the ties this weekend.  Purely by a process of elimination of previous games I was finding it difficult enough to figure out who was due to play who!!!  Advertising of games for the FBD league is brutal every year  >:(

Farrandeelin

I thought the Galway v GMIT game was in Pearse Stadium. It's very hard to call all these games, but here's hoping Mayo win their first 'inter-county' game of 2008 against the Rossies.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Farrandeelin on January 17, 2008, 05:22:49 PM
I thought the Galway v GMIT game was in Pearse Stadium. It's very hard to call all these games, but here's hoping Mayo win their first 'inter-county' game of 2008 against the Rossies.
It could very well end up there yet !  At the moment its still fixed for Spiddal but the weather being the way it currently is, it could very well change.