World Darts Championship 2009

Started by the Deel Rover, December 29, 2007, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Leap Forward

Quote from: Aerlik on January 14, 2008, 12:08:55 AM
Bring back Leighton Rees and Bobby George!!  What was the name of the County Antrim man who played a few times in the World Championship in the '80s.  He was from Dervock or Bushmills or Stranocum?

His name was Geoff Wylie. I think he was nicknamed the Wylie Cayote!

tyrone86

Good luck to Felix McBrearty in the World Championship today, you never know, the Kirk Shepard of 08/09?

Part took a kicking last night, and Scholten out  :o

FermPundit

Good luck to Fermanagh man Brendan Dolan on Tuesday night when he plays James Wade in the first round.

It'll be interesting see how Anastasia Dobromyslova gets on tomorrow night.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on December 20, 2008, 04:48:22 PM
Terry Jenkins out as well  :o  Lot of upsets so far, looks like Taylor's again  ;D

Interesting to see how the girl gets along tomorrow night.  Seen her being interviewed on sky sports.  Not bad looking, do for a poke.

Is that Trina Gulliver in the PDC this year then?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Our Nail Loney

Lads am trying to settle a bet here, anyone know what time the Wade match was off at last night??

Was due to start 9.15 but a fella I know has a bet placed at 9.27, hes hoping the match started late, I have checked Ladbrokes but they have the fof times for each match as the set off times... Anyone watching it?

FermPundit

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 24, 2008, 01:52:53 PM
Lads am trying to settle a bet here, anyone know what time the Wade match was off at last night??

Was due to start 9.15 but a fella I know has a bet placed at 9.27, hes hoping the match started late, I have checked Ladbrokes but they have the fof times for each match as the set off times... Anyone watching it?

Yep, I watching it. The match started at about 9.05.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: FermPundit on December 24, 2008, 03:26:26 PM

Cheers mate, aye I had gathered it went off on time because evry where I saw it didnt suggest a delay, non runner for the lad then

FermPundit

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 24, 2008, 03:27:51 PM
Quote from: FermPundit on December 24, 2008, 03:26:26 PM

Cheers mate, aye I had gathered it went off on time because evry where I saw it didnt suggest a delay, non runner for the lad then

Disappointing result for Brendan Dolan. He could have won the first set but he couldn't hit his doubles

Tommy Tight Lips

got tickets myself lads for the semi finals next saturday nite,cant wait!!was up at the premier league darts in odyssey last year but sadly got thrown out due to "our nails" behaviour!!i see taylor and barney are in separate half of draw,potential final on the cards there,would be brilliant!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Is 6/1 not a big price about Barney? What's his form been like since winning the 2007 PDC? Does he beat Taylor on a regular basis?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

glens73

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 27, 2008, 07:51:38 PM
Is 6/1 not a big price about Barney? What's his form been like since winning the 2007 PDC? Does he beat Taylor on a regular basis?

6/1 is a fair price, Barney could lose to any one of 6/7 players on his day and has not been that consistent this past year. James Wade is a better bet, he is steadier.

I think Taylor is nailed on though, he has been playing exceptional this past 9 months or so. No-one can live with him at his very best.

Clown

i used to love the darts world championships just after xmas
but i hav no interest anymore, too many tournaments on sky hav killed it for me.
it was better in small doses!

corn02

Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on December 25, 2008, 10:39:01 PM
got tickets myself lads for the semi finals next saturday nite,cant wait!!was up at the premier league darts in odyssey last year but sadly got thrown out due to "our nails" behaviour!!i see taylor and barney are in separate half of draw,potential final on the cards there,would be brilliant!!

I heard about his behaviour, disgrace was the word used most. Raging I missed it.

corn02

Quote from: glens73 on December 27, 2008, 08:53:03 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 27, 2008, 07:51:38 PM

6/1 is a fair price, Barney could lose to any one of 6/7 players on his day and has not been that consistent this past year. James Wade is a better bet, he is steadier.

I think Taylor is nailed on though, he has been playing exceptional this past 9 months or so. No-one can live with him at his very best.

Watched Wade last night, the man gets too into it, Taylor would take him apart.

Tyrone Dreamer

Cant believe no one has mentioned Barney v Baxter last night. What a game! Would have loved to see Baxter won it, on 2 or 3 occasions it looked very likely.