World Darts Championship 2009

Started by the Deel Rover, December 29, 2007, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Any Darts Fans out there? seems to be wide open this year especially with Barney knocked out last night and Phil Taylor not playing well. Would like to see Kevin Painter win it meself 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Puckoon

I couldnt hit a cow on the arse with a banjo - but I do love a couple of pints and used to watch bullseye when I was a chisler.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Puckoon on December 29, 2007, 09:55:11 AM
I couldnt hit a cow on the arse with a banjo - but I do love a couple of pints and used to watch bullseye when I was a chisler.

Ah bullseye puckoon "stay out of the black and into the red nothing in this game for 2 in a bed" the prizes the contestants won were fecking brutul
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

carnaross

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 29, 2007, 09:51:43 AM
Any Darts Fans out there? seems to be wide open this year especially with Barney knocked out last night and Phil Taylor not playing well. Would like to see Kevin Painter win it meself 

Taylor will win it. He's had tough games which will stand him in good stead and, most importantly of all, the other players (Painter, Manley included) don't really believe they can beat him. They'll all talk a good game before playing him, but come the game itself, they don't have the bottle to beat him.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: carnaross on December 29, 2007, 10:46:09 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 29, 2007, 09:51:43 AM

Taylor will win it. He's had tough games which will stand him in good stead and, most importantly of all, the other players (Painter, Manley included) don't really believe they can beat him. They'll all talk a good game before playing him, but come the game itself, they don't have the bottle to beat him.

I would definately have said that about painter but last nights win over Barney will do his confidence the world of good and he had been throwing brilliant darts this tournament and in fairness he was very unlucky to loose to taylor in 2004. I know Taylor get better especially as the tournament gets on but he is not the taylor of old he has been missing loads of Doubles and his averages are way down i just think he is fairly beatable.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Minder

Adrian Lewis has a good chance but Taylor will be hard to beat. Taylor is as close as you will get to big Ern Mc Cracken from "Kingpin" as you will get. He is supposed to be a hateful hoor.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

carnaross

Quote from: Minder on December 29, 2007, 11:00:23 AM
Adrian Lewis has a good chance but Taylor will be hard to beat. Taylor is as close as you will get to big Ern Mc Cracken from "Kingpin" as you will get. He is supposed to be a hateful hoor.

Taylor might be a hateful hoor, but we all know nice guys don't win anything. He has the game and he has the gamesmanship to win. There was one occasion when he farted his way to winning a game. On the other hand he does a lot of charity work away from the game.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Puckoon

Quote from: carnaross on December 29, 2007, 11:07:56 AM

Taylor might be a hateful hoor, but we all know nice guys don't win anything. He has the game and he has the gamesmanship to win. There was one occasion when he farted his way to winning a game. On the other hand he does a lot of charity work away from the game.

:o :o :o :o Surely, you are kidding?

Minder

He is a patronising **** though..........

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Puckoon on December 29, 2007, 11:12:29 AM
Quote from: carnaross on December 29, 2007, 11:07:56 AM

:o :o :o :o Surely, you are kidding?

no he farted on stage puckoon against manley i think  :D :D :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Minder

I remember he said "the only smell was the sweet smell of my success "

carnaross

Why do you think Manley stormed off stage straight after the game? Another piece of gamesmanship from Taylor is the way he stands up close to the other player. All players are supposed to stand behind the throwing mat, but Taylor stands right on the edge of it and his opponent can feel his presence right behind him. Not a hateful hoor, a cute hoor if you ask me!!!

whyarerefssobad

i am going for James wade great young player
always look on the bright side

bennydorano

Wade has been excellent all year, in with a great shout of PDC player of the year, but he's been throwing poorly in this tourney, Taylor will probably win as the others will choke at the sight of him.  Bet of the quarters is Sheridan(7/4) to beat Manley(2/5).  Wade at 7/2 for the title isn't bad value, but Painter at 15/2 has to be good ew value.