World Darts Championship 2009

Started by the Deel Rover, December 29, 2007, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Anyone for the darts in belfast in february???Was lookin for tickets there and can get them for the south stand etc,anyone ever been before??Would u be better watchin it in the house as the upper tier??Atmosphere is down at the tables but they all sold out ages ago

Boolerhead Mel

Charlie

Ted Hankey was available at 40-1 proir to the start of the world championship (BDO).
There was a few on the dart's boards that had him-he also likes a punt himself so he may have had a few bob on himself   

SidelineKick

Quote from: bigfrank on January 14, 2009, 01:06:42 PM
Anyone for the darts in belfast in february???Was lookin for tickets there and can get them for the south stand etc,anyone ever been before??Would u be better watchin it in the house as the upper tier??Atmosphere is down at the tables but they all sold out ages ago

Was there surely, can't tell you who was even playing. Myself and Charlie Stubbs got thrown out by about 9 o'clock for taking our tops off at the break (for the 15th time).  Bouncers were sound as f**k we had great craic with them on the way out.  The went to the Bot. Success!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bigfrank

Never been to darts before but would love stuff like that.just worried bout the crap seats im goin to be in,i guess u make ur own craic when ur at these things,its on a thurs night so the bot will be nailed after no doubt!! Would love a table with 10 friends and someone carryin beer to us all night :P Lookin forward to the song that comes on during the breaks and stuff!!Place goes mad :P :P

Tommy Tight Lips

ah darts at odyssey last year was a great nites crack,i was along with sideline and charlie.im heading again this year.ive tickets for the north stand lower tier.not matter where you have tickets for,theres big screens up so u wont have a problem seeing the darts!bot a nailed on cert after it surely!

bigfrank

Happy days then,tickets not that expensive either!!Must get a few more lads rounded up and as they say"Lets Play Darts"  :P :P Thought the upper tier seats miet have been a waste of time but as long as u can drink and f$$k about,should be something different! See ya in the Bot sure  ;D ;D

bigfrank

Could someone who was maybe at premier league of darts last year in belfast answer the following questions?

what are the tier seats like in the west,south north stands??Are u miles from the atmosphere and can u drink in ur seats and stuff?? Do people actually sit in there seats to watch the darts,wouldnt have thought so?????

Tommy Tight Lips

frank there was 20 of us last year in the tiered seats.ten in one row,ten in the other.the atmosphere in the tiers isnt bad,suppose it depends what crowd is along side you 2.aw aye you can drink away in ur seats,even sneak a carryout in with you  ::).obviously if you were on the floor at the tables,the atmosphere prob better but its still good enough cos couple of big screens up for ones seated.and when the breaks come and the music goes on everybody jumps about going mad!

girt_giggler

Was at the darts last year, was some craic. We were disappointed not to get a table on the floor, as we thought going by years of watching it on the tv it would be the best place to sit.
We were at the very back of the oddyssey on the tiered seating and to be honest I thought it was much better than the floor.  Big massive screens hanging from the roof which were at roughly eye level, whereas on the floor your neck i thought would have been very sore looking up constantly.

Never got tickets this year, were all sold out, but did someone say there was more available?  Would love to get back just for the atmosphere.

However, expect a long wait at the bar for s**t beer.  We ended up buying a box of bud in the place, was far handier, although was warm.  Expect lots of beer to get thrown round you with folk jumping up and down at every 180!

bigfrank

Can buy 8 tickets at a time now on ticketmaster!! ;D ;D Def not sold out

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 24, 2009, 09:03:13 PM
Is anyone watching this masterclass of throwing by the Power against Adrian Lewis....the man is unreal, he is averging over 115 over 5 legs and is 5-0 up.  lewis average is about 105 whihc is brilliant also but he cant get near Taylor!!

Great darts!!

You are a scud DD12...

I have Taylor backed outright to win this thing at 1/2 in an accum with other things.

Hes unreal.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 24, 2009, 09:36:00 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 24, 2009, 09:13:54 PM
Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on July 24, 2009, 09:03:13 PM
Is anyone watching this masterclass of throwing by the Power against Adrian Lewis....the man is unreal, he is averging over 115 over 5 legs and is 5-0 up.  lewis average is about 105 whihc is brilliant also but he cant get near Taylor!!

Great darts!!

You are a scud DD12...

I have Taylor backed outright to win this thing at 1/2 in an accum with other things.

Hes unreal.

Best man at his sport in the world?  better than Tiger is at Golf or Roger is at tennis?  The man is dominant.

What is a scud?? is that some type of Armagh lingo  ;D

A scud is someone who talks about another persons bet and then puts the jinx on them... Once you posted, Taylor lost the next two legs and I thought this is it!!

Taylor is totally ruthless though, Lewis had the look of a beaten man after the first five legs.

With Barney and Wade exiting today its hard to see anyone beating Phil now.

Archie Mitchell

Taylor gave Jenkins some hammering in the final tonight. Beat him 18-4. Taylor says he's going to get better and better

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 26, 2009, 08:37:02 PM
Taylor gave Jenkins some hammering in the final tonight. Beat him 18-4. Taylor says he's going to get better and better

The man is a machine. Noone else in the world has dominated their respective sports like he has. I am not saying darts is the same as other sports just admiring his achievements.

Leg one up of my summer antepost bet anyway...

Archie Mitchell

He really is something else. It must be really demoralising when playing against him when he can put in performances like that.