WII,PS3 OR XBOX???

Started by new devil, December 20, 2007, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Which of these 3 would yous recommend, getting one for xmas present and have to choose before saturday...
If i pick the wii i will have to wait a while!!

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

David McKeown

I have all 3 and I would say it really dependswhat you want them for. If your a hardcore gamer I wouldn't recommend the wii as its more of a party console. After that not much to choose between the other too. 360 is much cheaper I find in terms of accessories and games but the ps3 has built in blu ray. If I were in your position I would go 360. All three are available in Belfast easily
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

new devil

Thanks.... iam in the states...the xbox is $350 and ps3 is $400 but i was going to buy a blu ray as well so the ps3 would save me doing that.... BUT played the wii last week and was deadly craic!!

thejuice

I have a PS3, its really good tho i havent played the other 2. the only thing is that the games are pretty slow coming out on it, but there are some great ones, Oblivion and Assasins Creed (of course available on the the x-box) but Metal gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2 are on their way which is gonna be amazing. I think the PS3 will be the better in the long run. but that could be me just trying to justify buying one.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Real Laoislad

Finally gave into temptation and bought myself a PS3 today..Got Assainans Creed and a Call of Duty game with it as part as a bundle all for €444..
Just wondering now though as i don't have a High Definition TV are the games much better on the High Definition or is there much of a difference?
I have a Sony Bravia TV but its two years old and not High Definition,but if i thought there was a massive difference i might maybe get a smaller High Definition TV for using the PS3 on.
Also has anyone played FIFA or Pro Evo on PS3? And is there much of a difference between the PS2 versions and the PS3 versions
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 31, 2007, 06:11:32 PM
Finally gave into temptation and bought myself a PS3 today..Got Assainans Creed and a Call of Duty game with it as part as a bundle all for €444..
Just wondering now though as i don't have a High Definition TV are the games much better on the High Definition or is there much of a difference?
I have a Sony Bravia TV but its two years old and not High Definition,but if i thought there was a massive difference i might maybe get a smaller High Definition TV for using the PS3 on.
Also has anyone played FIFA or Pro Evo on PS3? And is there much of a difference between the PS2 versions and the PS3 versions
Notable difference yes, big difference sometimes , rarely massive . This is from a xbox 360 point of view of course if your planning to use blueray then the TV will be worth it
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

new devil

Quote from: Gnevin on December 31, 2007, 06:15:40 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 31, 2007, 06:11:32 PM
Notable difference yes, big difference sometimes , rarely massive . This is from a xbox 360 point of view of course if your planning to use blueray then the TV will be worth it

I got the ps3 LL and have a HD TV and can see a massive difference from the standard TV...and like gnevin says it would be worth it for the blueray alone

Uladh

corn02

Blu Ray is next generation DVD players. Generally better sound, picture etc. Like Video to DVD , a step up.

Shortso79

Got Fifa 08  - Online matches are brilliant - recommend it - 25 quid on play.com -

Got the PS3 for christmas - still learning my trade ... You can downloand demos of games before you take the plunge and buy them

Need to get a new HD tv - playing my PS3 on a 14 inch tv - DISASTER

ziggysego

Has to be the Wii. I'm not a big gamer, but the craic is 90 on the Wii.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Anyone know where you can buy cheap PS3 games online? Amazon is quite cheap but everytime i try to order a game they say they don't dispatch to the Republic..
Im not a ebay fan really so is there any others?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Pangurban

Wii will at least give you some exercise

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on January 01, 2008, 04:29:10 PM
Has to be the Wii. I'm not a big gamer, but the craic is 90 on the Wii.

You'll get sick of the wii very quickly and I couldn't imagine it appealing to a serious gamer unless to bring out if people call around.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?