WII,PS3 OR XBOX???

Started by new devil, December 20, 2007, 09:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Whats the difference between HD Ready Tv's and Full HD Tv's  im presuming the latter is better but are they not both High Definition tellys???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

If you have to ask the question, get a Wii. People who have grown up with video games know what they want based on years of observation and experience - I got a 360 because I wanted to play a particular game. But having used a Wii for the first time yesterday and seen my wife knocked speechless by just how entertaining it was, I think someone looking for a box which brightens up their evening can't go wrong with a Wii.

David McKeown

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 01, 2008, 10:12:28 PM
Whats the difference between HD Ready Tv's and Full HD Tv's  im presuming the latter is better but are they not both High Definition tellys???

What is generally meant by HD ready is that the tv is only capable of of 1080i (interlaced) HD which is lower quality than 1080p (progressive scan) HD.  The difference is that with interlace only half the image appears on screen at any time but it alternates so quickly you see the full image, Progressive scan shows the whole image at once.  As a result full HD is a smoother.  PM me of you want any more info.

Pints as for the Wii not being for serious gamers, I would disagree as over the christmas period i have played and finished mario galaxy, metroid and resident evil 4 and would have all three in the top 5 consoles games ive played this year.  Despite being more of a pc gamer most of my money this year has gone on wii games as ive bought or been given 12 wii games, 8 360 games 6 pc games and 3 ps3 games in the last year (not including the three i got with the console)
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

It's the zombies from resident evil looking for david.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?