Who have you met through the Board that you didn't know before?

Started by Bacon, December 18, 2007, 08:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Met BordnaMonaMan, Easytiger (where is he now?), Magpie Seanie and Ig/Loan Shark in a pub. The round was 5 pints of Guinness.

Met lots of the Mayo lads again usually in a pub, always guinness.

Met John McGill in a pub, who said he knew Take Your Points and apparently he knows O'Neill!

Met Passedit and AZOffally in a pub as well. Those boys are too trendy for guinness.

Met Stephenite in a brothel, he said he'd lost his job and needed the work.
MWWSI 2017

Orior

Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2009, 09:01:13 PM
Met BordnaMonaMan, Easytiger (where is he now?), Magpie Seanie and Ig/Loan Shark in a pub. The round was 5 pints of Guinness.

Met John McGill in a pub, who said he knew Take Your Points and apparently he knows O'Neill!

Met Passedit and AZOffally in a pub as well. Those boys are too trendy for guinness.

LOL
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

I resent that remark. I knew I was driving home, so I drank Lager. If it was a feed I was after, the pint of plain would be the ticket. I knew I wouldn't want more than 2 pints of that other shite :D

Guillem2

Met Hard Station in Casement. He didn't recognise me - thank God.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

magpie seanie

As well as that crew I met Owenmoresider one day when he was marking me in a club game (to keep with the theme - Bulmers, but unlike some of his teammates that particular day he waits 'til after the game!). Would defo have met him later anyway. I know most of the other Sligo posters one way or another. Was supposed to meet Lynchboy one Paddy's Day but got delayed.

downgirl

Was meant to meet up with Fermpundit but he stood me up!!  Met Fermgael in the club, could hardly hear him but that was probably his accent more than it being noisy  :P

ziggysego

Was a great day that one TYP. Was a pleasure meeting you.
Testing Accessibility

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on March 19, 2009, 10:31:39 PM
Oh aye, I kind of met maddog, in Dublin, summer of 2005.

Maddog met me too, but didnt let on until afterwards  :(  shy boy
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Kerry Mike

Have only met the bould Bud and AZ I think, but there was porter involved every time I met them. Bud in a round about way is responsible for me meeting me better half.  He has alot to fecking answer for !!

For some reason a handful of Tyronies have my phone number. I think they got it off the Farmer's Journal a few years ago, I was trying to sell a heifer and they somehow thought it was a dating service I was offering, they used to live simple but lonely lives back then before they started to get above themselves winning our All Irelands. One of them flogged me tickets to a concert last year, a decent skin.

Oh yes of course there is also Frank Casey, we have battled through many a barrel of porter over the years, me and Frank.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Treasurer

Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2009, 11:23:00 PM
Why do we have these threads every few months?

To catch up on the latest meetings of course!

I met Tyrone Lass before the 2005 AI Final.
Exhanged hellos with Lone Shark
Saw AZ playing hurling (before he was AZ so that probably doesn't really count)
Met Pints - pure lunatic
Spoken to a couple of others and feel like I've met them!

Gaffer

Could anyone tell me how you got to know each other?

I know alot of the names on this board and I have worked out wht club they are from but how on earth do you end up getting to know them.

Its not as if they go around with their board name on their foreheads
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

saffron sam2

Met FermGael once, when he was stuffing his face with scones and giving his opinions on the new curriculum at Key Stage 3. A big, thick looking boy who gave me the impression that he would have the genes that would allow him to stick the head in you as quick as he would look at you.

Met ONeill the same day, he didn't say anything and chose to hide his eyes behind a pair of cheap shades.

Met RedHandFan, amallon, thewobbler and Fearon at a quiz one night in Armagh. Rufus was there too, ONeill pointed him out but didn't do the introductions.

Have never met TYP, puckoon, 5 Sams or Chrisowc, but all have done me big favours via PMs.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet