Mobile phones and Phonebooks

Started by Orior, December 14, 2007, 02:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Does every mobile have a facility to store numbers, and texts on the Sim card instead the phone? Last time I changed my phone I lost some numbers and a few embarrassing text messages got out into the public domain!!!

I cant find an option to copy phonebook to sim card. I'm a crappy Siemens A65
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Ha! I found the user manual on line. I must be fecking drunk. The url says its in english, but I cant understand a word of it.

http://benq.co.uk/support/downloads/downloads.cfm?product=1040
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Orior on December 14, 2007, 02:28:01 PM
Does every mobile have a facility to store numbers, and texts on the Sim card instead the phone? Last time I changed my phone I lost some numbers and a few embarrassing text messages got out into the public domain!!!

I cant find an option to copy phonebook to sim card. I'm a crappy Siemens A65

Tell us all about them; I proise you we won't tell anyone.
"Stercus accidit"

el_cuervo_fc

If your phone comes with a usb cable you can download all your files onto your pc as well.  comes in handy if you're one of those people who lose their phone a lot

Under Lights

Does anyone know if it is possible to use pay as you go credit to buy stuff online anywhere? Or how would you go about getting cash back.

I have a PAYG Sim. I have to top up £15 every month to get all my services such as internet, whatsapp etc but I wouldnt go over my allowance. Have excess credit on the phone now.

DickyRock

If none comes up with something - how about picking a charity?

Under Lights

Quote from: DickyRock on April 15, 2014, 01:45:34 AM
If none comes up with something - how about picking a charity?

I was reading about paybymobile online- tried to sign up but wouldnt register for me. I think you can top up paddypower account this way.

armaghniac

With some phone companies you can buy apps etc with phone credit.
In the 26 counties these guys will use put credit to good use http://www.likecharity.com/#about
On Vodafone Ireland you can also send credit to other people, handy if there are youths in the family.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JohnDenver

Quote from: Under Lights on April 14, 2014, 09:17:20 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to use pay as you go credit to buy stuff online anywhere? Or how would you go about getting cash back.

I have a PAYG Sim. I have to top up £15 every month to get all my services such as internet, whatsapp etc but I wouldnt go over my allowance. Have excess credit on the phone now.

If you have a Playstation you can definitely top up your PSN wallet and use it to download or buy films and games etc if that is of any use.