GAA to bring in 75M in TV and sponsorship over the next 3 years.

Started by Bogball XV, December 14, 2007, 12:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

You are paying to watch on Setanta, it's most definitely somehting that I dont not agree with, but until a free to air channel is prepared to give some serious airtime to the GAA I dont have a problem with.  Pay-per-view on a match by match basis is beyond the pale, the day and hour it happens is the day I'll walk away from county football.

offtheground

Quote from: bailestil on December 14, 2007, 02:07:05 PM
As has been mentioned before has gaa got any commitment from tv3 with regards to coverage in large areas of the north. Where even if u have sky you can't get it.

have to agree there Bailestil, very poor or no reception of RTE and worse for TV3. This should have been addressed in the negotiations for this deal - perfect time to get some commitment from the hoors.

orangeman

But sure the northeners are nothing but a small rump of malcontents and a bundle of jealous f--kers !!!!!!  Get your own TV station !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: orangeman on December 14, 2007, 02:36:13 PM
But sure the northeners are nothing but a small rump of malcontents and a bundle of jealous f--kers !!!!!!  Get your own TV station !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

We would only we keep complaining about where they want to put the masts up  :D
i usse an speelchekor

Bogball XV

Quote from: bingobus on December 14, 2007, 01:00:27 PM
Lets build massive county grounds in every county in Ireland - Minimun 60k and a smaller one of 30k for County Jnr B finals.

I was thinking maybe 120K capacity, just for county finals like.  We should also make sure that they're built exclusively for capacity and not have too many creature comforts, like ladies toilets and the like, hell, we maybe shouldn't even bother putting up the zinc lean-to for the men either?
Remember, you can never have too much concrete (Sean Quinn is Peter's brother, right??).

take_yer_points

Quote from: offtheground on December 14, 2007, 02:26:18 PM
As has been mentioned before has gaa got any commitment from tv3 with regards to coverage in large areas of the north. Where even if u have sky you can't get it.

have to agree there Bailestil, very poor or no reception of RTE and worse for TV3. This should have been addressed in the negotiations for this deal - perfect time to get some commitment from the hoors.

Where are you that you can't pick up RTE or TV3? I'm in Belfast and have RTE, TV3 and TG4 all with perfect pictures coming from the aerial

Bogball XV

snatter

Quote from: take_yer_points on December 14, 2007, 02:49:09 PM
Quote from: offtheground on December 14, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Where are you that you can't pick up RTE or TV3? I'm in Belfast and have RTE, TV3 and TG4 all with perfect pictures coming from the aerial

Neither RTE or TV3 in large tracts of Down (mournes block them out)

orangeman

If you would pay your TV licences it would fit ya better !  ;D ;D ;D

DUBSFORSAM1

As much of the money as possible should be spent promoting hurling in all counties not at Liam McCarthy Cup level and for all counties in the Tommy Murphy Cup....It should be used to boost the weaker counties in the long run not the stronger ones...

Artificial pitches, hurling walls, alleys etc...

Nothing to be spent on stadiums - we have enough already...

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on December 14, 2007, 03:21:23 PM

I agree.

I think Belfast (don't know about other large towns/cities) definitely needs more (better) pitches though. Although I gather the Antrim board are looking to buy the woodlands playing fields (or at least get a long term rent on them) and develop the facilities. A definite bonus.
i usse an speelchekor

Bensars

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on December 14, 2007, 03:21:23 PM
As much of the money as possible should be spent promoting hurling in all counties not at Liam McCarthy Cup level and for all counties in the Tommy Murphy Cup....It should be used to boost the weaker counties in the long run not the stronger ones...

Well fcuk me !

QuoteIt should be used to boost the weaker counties in the long run not the stronger ones...

Has the GPA changed their elitest policy

DUBSFORSAM1

Never been anymore elitist than the GAA has even been.....

his holiness nb

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on December 14, 2007, 04:26:45 PM
Never been anymore elitist than the GAA has even been.....

Interesting comment!
In what regards Dubs?
Ask me holy bollix

DUBSFORSAM1

Holiness - Not in order

1 - Senior/Junior/Intermediate club competitions - Why are they not all played at the same level.
2 - Tommy Murphy Cup - removal of weaker teams from the All-Ireland series
3 - Nicky Rackard/Christy Ring cups and limiting the number in the Liam McCarthy Cup.
4 - Seeding of Munster Football championship
5 - Treatment of Antrim in the hurling championship
6 - Player suspensions at latter end of championships being less than earlier in championship.
7 - Rewards to All-Ireland winners
8 - All-Stars scheme and awards
9 - International Series trips
10 - Funding to counties (open to correction on this one but for current spending success is the main criteria)