Thomas Davis Lose

Started by dublinfella, December 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: feetofflames on January 28, 2008, 01:29:19 PM
Maybe on a less legal angle then,  but third party enough for me.  Why would The shamrock rovers ultras website call the GAA nazis or fascists etc.  Whilst you admit that you lack the basic capabilities of a lawyer surely you comprehend that thats the equivalent of somebody saying FAI = Nazis / fascists etc.  as opposed to one part of...

I'm not sure what you mean, but I assume they saw this as a broad GAA campaign to keep them out that has been going on for 10 years and tarred everyone with the same brush.

Ask hoop.

feetofflames

They as in the people that you represent with your viewpoints.  They and by the same logic you, would be scum then to make these inmfalmamatory comments. 
Chief Wiggum

Jinxy

Quote from: dublinfella on January 28, 2008, 01:32:27 PM
Quote from: feetofflames on January 28, 2008, 01:29:19 PM
Maybe on a less legal angle then,  but third party enough for me.  Why would The shamrock rovers ultras website call the GAA nazis or fascists etc.  Whilst you admit that you lack the basic capabilities of a lawyer surely you comprehend that thats the equivalent of somebody saying FAI = Nazis / fascists etc.  as opposed to one part of...

I'm not sure what you mean, but I assume they saw this as a broad GAA campaign to keep them out that has been going on for 10 years and tarred everyone with the same brush.

Ask hoop.

Is he coming back? He was tremendous fun. :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Jinxy on January 28, 2008, 01:45:29 PM
Is he coming back? He was tremendous fun. :D

Jinxy, was just looking at his details, all his posts were between quarter to eleven last night and ten past one this morning.

Given the inane ramblings and abusive text I can only presume he was pissed drunk.

He probably wont remember that he registered here today!  :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

Jinxy

Yeah, I'd say Hoops rolled out of bed (shamrock rovers duvet cover) today at half 12 and straight downstairs for the breakfast.

Hoops: "Throw on a fry there Mam."
Mammy Hoops: "Do it yourself."
Hoops: "YOU ARE SUCH A FASCIST!!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Jinxy on January 28, 2008, 02:00:01 PM
Yeah, I'd say Hoops rolled out of bed (shamrock rovers duvet cover) today at half 12 and straight downstairs for the breakfast.

Hoops: "Throw on a fry there Mam."
Mammy Hoops: "Do it yourself."
Hoops: "YOU ARE SUCH A FASCIST!!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on January 28, 2008, 01:22:50 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2008, 01:09:04 PM

Costs were guaranteed by TD. The case went ahead. I haven't read the court transcripts, the legal arguments or the Judgement. I assume the case went ahead because the court accepted that TD had some sort of a legal challenge.
The case was not dismissed because TD could not establish Locus Standi.
TD lost and have to pay costs.
I ask you now a slightly rephrased question -  Where exactly in the law (or specifically Locus Standi), after a case has been accepted by and decided in the courts, is this fundamental tenet written, that the loser in a case cannot pay the costs with finance from somebody with no direct interest in the case.  
Please quote the text that applies.

One of the reasons the case itself was dismissed was because TD, not the local club, admitted they would not use the facility themselves and the Judge woud not allow them represent the GAA. They could not prove an interest and they were explicitly told that they were not allowed represent the GAA.

I am not a lawyer and do not have the case references, but a fundamental in our legal system is that you  cannot take cases through third parties, which it appears the DCB/GAA did. MacDonalds cannot pay for individuals to sue Burger King.

They got into that court on a false pretext and have left themselves wide open to a loss of earnings suit from Rovers.
Cut the waffle ffs.
All the text on the wording of the Locus Standi is widely available on the internet. I did not ask you to repeat your opinions. I asked for a specific text from Locus Standi which you put forward as your sole support.
You can not find it because there is no part of Locus Standi which support your claim that restrict the manner in how TD  pay their costs.
TD were granted a legal review, they lost it in December.
In rejecting Thomas Davis' application yesterday, the judge said the council's resolution of December 12, 2005 was subject to a precondition, namely the allocation of significant further funding by the Department of Arts, Sports and Tourism.
The judge said if one accepted that this was a precondition that "in the absence of such funding the resolution could not stand, or more properly could not be implemented".
He also noted that there has been "no change in the position regarding funding since the initiation of proceedings".
The judge noted that the council had originally sought to have a multi-purpose stadium in the hope of getting additional funds. But when those funds were not available the Council said it took what was "a pragmatic decision."

dublinfella

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2008, 03:13:20 PM

Cut the waffle ffs.
All the text on the wording of the Locus Standi is widely available on the internet. I did not ask you to repeat your opinions. I asked for a specific text from Locus Standi which you put forward as your sole support.
You can not find it because there is no part of Locus Standi which support your claim that restrict the manner in how TD  pay their costs.
In rejecting Thomas Davis' application yesterday, the judge said the council's resolution of December 12, 2005 was subject to a precondition, namely the allocation of significant further funding by the Department of Arts, Sports and Tourism.
The judge said if one accepted that this was a precondition that "in the absence of such funding the resolution could not stand, or more properly could not be implemented".
He also noted that there has been "no change in the position regarding funding since the initiation of proceedings".
The judge noted that the council had originally sought to have a multi-purpose stadium in the hope of getting additional funds. But when those funds were not available the Council said it took what was "a pragmatic decision."

Who is waffling now - LS is a legal term, a concpet that you must be affected by something to take a case about it. There is no law per say.

What has that quote got to do with Thomas Davis taking a case on behalf of a third party?

Hardy

Quote from: dublinfella on January 28, 2008, 12:58:17 PM
Why the smoke and daggers?

:D :D Finally we know who he is! It's Bertie! (Did he mean smoke and mirrors or cloak and dagger? Or did something upset his apple tart?)

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 28, 2008, 01:53:57 PM
... all his posts were between quarter to eleven last night and ten past one this morning.
Given the inane ramblings and abusive text I can only presume he was pissed drunk.

That makes sense on a number of levels. For one thing, it doesn't surprise me that "f*** off and die" Shamrock Rovers  under-twelves are allowed to drink and stay up late. 

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on January 28, 2008, 03:41:05 PM

:D :D Finally we know who he is! It's Bertie! (Did he mean smoke and mirrors or cloak and dagger? Or did something upset his apple tart?)

Someone else got it!!  ;D

Nearly as good as Temple Bar being the new West Bank.

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on January 28, 2008, 03:37:40 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2008, 03:13:20 PM

Cut the waffle ffs.

Who is waffling now - LS is a legal term, a concpet that you must be affected by something to take a case about it. There is no law per say.

What has that quote got to do with Thomas Davis taking a case on behalf of a third party?
Where is the quote from Locus Standi
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=locus+standi&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
that you say supports your contention that prohibits Thomas Davis from receiving funds, from a party not connected to the case directly, to pay their costs after they lost their legal review in December.

his holiness nb

Just found this.
Its a step by step guide to make your very own "thomas davis f**k off and die" banner!

:D :D :D :D :D

http://www.srfcultras.net/season2007/foad/foad.html

Must have been very difficult for them to put together.

I hoped they asked for their parents permission before using the scissors  ;D ;D ;D
Ask me holy bollix

Rossfan

The sad thing is that the Dept of Sport is building a stadium for a shower of useless cnuts who didnt raise a penny of their own to build the stadium when they were given a site free of charge 10 or so years ago.Now it's being called the "Shamrock Rovers Stadium" no less which assumes they will be in full control of it.
I wouldnt mind if they were a club who believed in paying their way or at least trying to put some cash of their own in. Most clubs and sports organisations will only get a max of 75% Grants from the Dept of Sport and have to prove they have or can raise the 25% themselves.
But not this shower !!!
Oh No. They sell their ground 20 years ago,get a free site and make no effort to raise a few bob to put towards the building, then whinge and moan for 5 years and S Dublin Council with someone else's money rides to the rescue.
Ya just couldnt make it up. :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Leo

How many Thomas Davis and Dublin GAA members and supporters will still vote for the FF party at the next election despite the deceitful, spineless indeed treacherous conduct of the current and immediate past ministers for sport on this whole issue?
Fierce tame altogether

Main Street

For an area the size of Tallaght it is criminal neglect by the planners not to have sufficient green field sites.
Now they have sporting organizations fighting over a few scraps.

Whatever you think about Rovers, the people of Tallaght have a right to have a soccer team that competes in the LOI

Didn't the FAI have some land out there that could have used for a small sized soccer stadium?