Thomas Davis Lose

Started by dublinfella, December 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quote from: dublinfella on January 27, 2008, 04:51:43 PM
Quote from: tayto on January 27, 2008, 04:38:27 PM

Any chance you could lock this thread so we can finally be rid of this debate? ... i use the word debate loosely ...

Not yet, I still think there is a bit more to come out of this - especially now it appears that the GAA centrally used TD as a puppet to have a go at the FAI.

If so, the entire case was based on a lie and a manipulation of peoples loyalty to the GAA.

the gaa can do whatever they want with regards to tallaght and i'll still back them up, if they threw another million at it, i'd still be happy so fock off with that theory. why dont you go channel your hatred of the gaa (which is your real issue) into developing soccer in tallaght and see how you get on. good luck with that cause your other big problem is nobody gives a sh.t as theres a far better product on the telly from across the water. thats the nut pro soccer in ireland will never crack, caught between the gaa (with a better product) and the premiership (with a better version of the same product) its piss pot crisis after piss pot crisis and all ye can do in response is hate the gaa with yere f.ck off and die banners. pathetic

hoop

What is it with you GAA heads??? So bloody self-obsessed and superior that you refuse to see what Thomas Davis have tried on here. So sure of the GAA's divine right to do whatever they damn please, that you are willing to ignore the finer details of the case they took, which borders on racist and fascist? Oh, I'm not allowed use those nasty words, am I??? Well I'm one hundred per cent Irish - but I don't for one single second accept that the GAA has any more rights than those of us who detest their backwater sports and who are increasingly mystified and raging at the fact that the GAA manages to hoover up the lion's share of grants to build stadiums that - by their own admission - are essentially white elephants because they are unlikely to be full even once per year. Thanks be to Jazus, Tallaght Stadium was spared their clawing avarice. Thanks be to Jazus, the Irish legal system is capable of logical and fair-minded decision and isn't obliged to take whatever line the GAA thinks they should take. There's hope yet.

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on January 27, 2008, 05:34:40 PM
[But BK were explicitly not taking the case, had nothing to do with it, were not mentioned in any documents and in procedings. It is a huge abuse of the courts for BK to then step in and pay for a case that they legally had nothing to do with. Locus Standi is a fundamental in the Irish legal system.
Locus standi has nothing to do with where Thomas Davis receive their funding to cover the legal costs and it's irrelevent to the courts if it comes from TD itself, Dublin GAA, Leinster GAA or GAA major.

Jinxy

Quote from: hoop on January 27, 2008, 10:43:58 PM
What is it with you GAA heads??? So bloody self-obsessed and superior that you refuse to see what Thomas Davis have tried on here. So sure of the GAA's divine right to do whatever they damn please, that you are willing to ignore the finer details of the case they took, which borders on racist and fascist? Oh, I'm not allowed use those nasty words, am I??? Well I'm one hundred per cent Irish - but I don't for one single second accept that the GAA has any more rights than those of us who detest their backwater sports and who are increasingly mystified and raging at the fact that the GAA manages to hoover up the lion's share of grants to build stadiums that - by their own admission - are essentially white elephants because they are unlikely to be full even once per year. Thanks be to Jazus, Tallaght Stadium was spared their clawing avarice. Thanks be to Jazus, the Irish legal system is capable of logical and fair-minded decision and isn't obliged to take whatever line the GAA thinks they should take. There's hope yet.

Welcome aboard.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dublinfella

Quote from: Main Street on January 27, 2008, 10:45:08 PM
Locus standi has nothing to do with where Thomas Davis receive their funding to cover the legal costs and it's irrelevent to the courts if it comes from TD itself, Dublin GAA, Leinster GAA or GAA major.

TD put up named individuals within their club and one or two others as guarantor to pay their costs if it came to it.

It did come to it and the GAA is paying for a case that technically it had nothing to do with. They cannot legally do that.

hoop

Quote from: dublinfella on January 27, 2008, 11:27:18 PM

TD put up named individuals within their club and one or two others as guarantor to pay their costs if it came to it.

It did come to it and the GAA is paying for a case that technically it had nothing to do with. They cannot legally do that.

Just like Fianna Fail, the GAA reckon that they are so above the law that they can approach legal action with utter contempt and chop and change the rules to suit themselves. It don't work that way. The GAA is - thankfully - slowly killing itself through avarice and arrogance. I'm sitting in the front row with beer and popcorn at hand. Carry on imploding, you deluded fools.

Jinxy

Give us a bit of popcorn.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Main Street

Quote from: dublinfella on January 27, 2008, 11:27:18 PM
Quote from: Main Street on January 27, 2008, 10:45:08 PM

You do understand what guarantor means?
Please cite the law which you think covers TD and the source of their finance to cover their costs.
Sure as hell isn't Locus Standi.

Gnevin

Quote from: hoop on January 27, 2008, 10:43:58 PM
The GAA offered to build your ground for you years ago. Who was  self-obsessed and superior then they told the GAA to f**k off?
Enough said .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

hoop

Quote from: Gnevin on January 28, 2008, 12:21:33 AM
The GAA offered to build your ground for you years ago. Who was  self-obsessed and superior then they told the GAA to f**k off?
Enough said .

Ehhh... No...

The GAA offered to be involved in building a ground that was grand for bogball and stick-fighting, but useless for football. Anyone with an ounce of sense (not you obviously) would recognise that football fans watching the action 30 yards away from the pitch isn't an option. But you GAA heads don't care about such minor details, do you? The only important matter is backwater GAA sports. Everyone else can shag off. Fascists.

hoop

Quote from: hardstation on January 28, 2008, 12:34:31 AM
QuoteFascists.
Heil Hitler, eh hoop?

I'm sure you want to elaborate - you backwater GAA apologist.

Feel free - the stage is yours.

dublinfella

Quote from: Main Street on January 28, 2008, 12:18:08 AM

You do understand what guarantor means?
Please cite the law which you think covers TD and the source of their finance to cover their costs.
Sure as hell isn't Locus Standi.

The GAA as an organisation did not take this case. A club, not the local one, did. That club were asked to prove they could pay at least their own costs and listed how they would do so. At no point was the GAA mentioned as a source of funding. Rovers applied to be an interested party, the GAA did not. We can argue whether that is Locus Standi or not or whether its a manipulation of the courts, but if this is the case, a third party paying the costs in a case unrelated to them is against the rules. Simple as.

hoop

dublinfella

Quote from: hardstation on January 28, 2008, 01:10:52 AM
So, what's the craic in O'Reilly's tonight, hoop?

do you two know each other or something?

tayto

Quote from: hoop on January 28, 2008, 01:09:24 AM
GAA = FASCISTS

FAI = Bigots. Proof? Any Rangers player playing in Lansdwone getting booed for the whole match.