Thomas Davis Lose

Started by dublinfella, December 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on December 14, 2007, 01:14:31 PM
Arent you going to wish us a Merry Christmas on your way out  ???

What did I say about the personal stuff?

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on December 14, 2007, 01:36:14 PM

I presumed you were done here as Rovers had won.
Also in my last post to you, in another thread, I wished you a merry christmas.

How is asking if you will return the pleasantry being personal?  ???

The mind boggles
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: his holiness nb on December 14, 2007, 01:41:46 PM

The mind boggles
forget it HH
Dignity and graciousness ....remember this is rovers folk your dealing with ! :D

his holiness nb

No Lynchboy, as far as I know Dublinfella isnt a Rovers fan, so dont call him that.

It does make sense as sure why would TD board members be texting Rovers fans with updates?

It all makes sense now.  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Hard luck to Davis, Maybe we can buy the place off them when they fold again like we did Páirc Uí Rinn (Flower Lodge for you Dublin Fella)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Quote from: his holiness nb on December 14, 2007, 01:41:46 PM

The mind boggles

Rovers didnt win anything, they dont own the land, the stadium or anything.
Grand Slam Saturday!

magpie seanie

Gnevin has maybe hit the nail on the head. The GAA might own it someday after all. Rovers have a history of folding but new company law will make their phoenix act harder the next time.

Disappointed by the decision but we have to accept it. It seems stadiums funded totally/largely by the government do not apply to the GAA. Not fair but not new. I completely stand by Thomas Davis' challenge. It was the right thing to do. To paraphrase a great coach of mine- the right thing is still the right thing even if you lose, the wrong thing is still the wrong thing even if you win.

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on December 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM
Text from TD board member in court.

Details as I get them.

Just a thought, do GAA clubs have "board members" ???   :o
Ask me holy bollix

rosnarun

Quote"It's been 20 years since we lost Milltown, so we're at the end of along struggle. It's a great testament to the fans that they remainedloyal and they deserve this so much.

:o :D :D :D(errr sold to the hightest biddre surely)

Here a beautifully Ironic way for it all to end
Thomas sell their grounds for the leagal costs and then get the government ,south dublin CC or whoever to build them a free stadium
But that would be just stupid wouldnt it?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Lecale2

Only the lawyers really win.

Rossfan

As a taxpayer I will be writing to the FF TD for Roscommon and to Minister Brennan objecting to my tax money being used to build a free stadium for a shower of freeloading wasters.
It wont have much effect but at least some Soccer lover in the Dept might just see that not everyone in Ireland loves throwing someone else's money to useless leeches.

Why are the Dublin Council's so in love with Soccer ?
We have the South Dublin CC giving the Freeloaders a Stadium and paying the FAI Grants to employ Development officers and there's Fingal CC developing a ground to be used by some future Council sponsored Eircom League team?
Sad day for Sporting fairness and to think the GAA were told by everyone to share their National Stadium.

As for an Appeal -these are usually on legal grounds not in the National Interest.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magickingdom

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2007, 11:36:40 AM
If it's true, then I agree with the sentiment here that Thomas Davis have had their day out in court and lost. They've made their point and argued their case, and lost. Time to move on now.

On a side note, regarding refusing leave to appeal. I'm no Perry Mason, but how is it allowed that a judge can deny leave to appeal? Can some of the legal minds on here enlighten me? I only ask because if I remember rightly, that Joe O'Reilly lad was denied leave as well, but is preparing an appeal which will be heard in the new year. What does "Denied Leave to Appeal" actually mean? It sounds as if the judge is saying, I've ruled, now don't dare question me to anybody else.

(I'm not saying TD should appeal by the way)

when a judge refuse a leave to appeal he is basically saying that the same case cannot be re heard ie cant rehash the same arguments. however everyone has the right to appeal to the highest court in the land on a point of law or that procedures were not properly followed. in joe reillys case his appeal is on the grounds that mobile phone evidence should never have been allowed in the first place (without that he walks). if tds want to they can always find some grounds to appeal and drag it on another while but at this stage that would silly..

magickingdom

Quote from: dublinfella on December 14, 2007, 11:17:47 AM
No leave to appeal. Costs decided Jan 18.

Very damning comments from the judge apparently.

have to say i'm disappointed with that result but if it means you fcuk off it will be great.

Dimitri

Lads, I'm a League Of Ireland fan, and in all fiernace, ye seem to me to be acting liek a right bunch of ignorant ******** like!!! "Oh i don't think Shamrock rovers deserve a new gound..." Why the bloody hell not? eh? They deserve way more than some ***** little GAA club out in the middle of nowhere... Come on, open your eyes, or are ye all still bigots towards the, er, "foreign game"?! ::)

darbyo

I know your taking the piss, right?