Sigerson 2008

Started by shark, December 12, 2007, 03:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Well if ya's win the Sigerson this year it will be a very deserved (paid for) victory.

Well done.

David McKeown

Quote from: orangeman on March 22, 2008, 01:10:10 PM
What were Dan Mc Cartan a full time Dentist in Kilkeel and Gerard O Kane a solicitor doing last year?  They registered on a one evening a week Master's in Advanced computer learning !!!!, which they never attended , never sat exams, never graduated

This must be a first in university tactics ! This was never heardtell of before ? What next ? Jesus (Jim Mc Guiness ) making a comeback in this years final ? Especially at Easter, it's a possibility !

Gerard wasn't a solicitor last year and is now doing the qualification to make him one over in England and as far as I know completed his masters last year although i may be wrong on this
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Whitehair

QuoteIs Paul Rouse still with yis

He's a games development officer or something similar, received a few emails saying to contact him about coaching courses that are being run if interested.

mockba

Quote from: David McKeown on March 22, 2008, 05:04:43 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 22, 2008, 01:10:10 PM
What were Dan Mc Cartan a full time Dentist in Kilkeel and Gerard O Kane a solicitor doing last year?  They registered on a one evening a week Master's in Advanced computer learning !!!!, which they never attended , never sat exams, never graduated

This must be a first in university tactics ! This was never heardtell of before ? What next ? Jesus (Jim Mc Guiness ) making a comeback in this years final ? Especially at Easter, it's a possibility !

Gerard wasn't a solicitor last year and is now doing the qualification to make him one over in England and as far as I know completed his masters last year although i may be wrong on this
That may be so but he did not do a masters last year at queens . He freely admits this himself

mockba

Quote from: hardstation on March 22, 2008, 01:48:35 PM
Is Paul Rouse still with yis, mockba?
Paul is the GAA development officer for the University of Ulster (Jordanstown, Coleraine and Magee), put in place by the Ulster Council.
Ryan Mellon looks after Queens, St Marys and BIFHE and Gary Mallon looks after all the other FE colleges

Our Nail Loney

Tommy will ya wise up youse are the worst in Ireland and you know it.

How much did youse spend on gettin Lacey, Dunnion, Moran, Harrison, McGovern et all??

Will the Sigerson taste as sweet after expenses?

HowdyDoody

Carlow IT's last hopes of remaining in the Sigerson Cup were ended when they lost their appeal over a Garda player's eligibility.

The GAA's Disputes Resolution Authority ruled that Carlow IT's appeal over the eligibility of Garda player Graham Dillon had failed.

Carlow's appeal took two weeks to be heard by the DRA, after it was lodged on March 7, the original scheduled date for the Sigerson Cup semi-final between Garda College and GMIT.

At Friday's meeting the DRA ruled against the decision of the GAA's Higher Education Council (Comhairle Ardoideachais), that Dillon was ineligible to play for Garda College, and stated that his ban should be quashed because of a 'procedural irregularity'.

Following the ruling, it is expected that the GAA's HEC will now hold an emergency meeting early next week to determine dates for the remaining games in the 2008 Sigerson Cup.

UUJ have already qualified for the decider having beaten DIT in the other semi-final.

However, Cork IT may yet lodge an objection. Garda College beat them in the quarter-final while fielding Dillon, Cork's Michael Cussen and Aidan O'Mahony of Kerry.

CIT's objection was put on hold pending the result of Carlow IT's submission to the DRA.

Now that the legality of Dillon's participation in the Sigerson Cup has been decided upon, it is expected that CIT may still lodge an appeal against Cussen and O'Mahony's participation, however this has yet to be confirmed.

mockba

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on March 23, 2008, 11:21:06 AM
Tommy will ya wise up youse are the worst in Ireland and you know it.

How much did youse spend on gettin Lacey, Dunnion, Moran, Harrison, McGovern et all??

Will the Sigerson taste as sweet after expenses?
Jealousy again. Everyone knows that UUJ have a great scholarship scheme.  20 lads  get free accommodation on campus, all paid for by 20 local businesses and not all footballers either , two are reserved for club administrators.  Next year it will expand to include Hurlers, camogs and ladies footballers.  I think UUJ should be congratulated.
But at least they are all full time students.  You seem to have conveniently overlooked Mc Cartan, O Kane et al again.
UUJ have always looked after their players and be innovators not imitators

Our Nail Loney

Tommy learn how to use that f**king quote box will ya? Hurts me eyes reading that purple thing.

And thats saying something since I go to QUB therefore I am smart.

doire na raithe

Quote from: mockba on March 22, 2008, 12:10:02 PM

What course is Niall Bogue and Michael O Rourke doing this year?
What were Dan Mc Cartan a full time Dentist in Kilkeel and Gerard O Kane a solicitor doing last year?  They registered on a one evening a week Master's in Advanced computer learning !!!!, which they never attended , never sat exams, never graduated.   Never mind Mc Gourty – seven years at Queens , 3 as a full time sabbatical officer in the students union.

Do you have attendance records to hand mockba? How are you privy to this information about the course in advanced computer learning?

Micheal O' Rourke is doing a post-grad in Management.

McGourty was democratically voted onto the executive in Queen's three years running by the Queen's students and was entitled to run for it every year that he did, unless your suggesting something underhand took place during those elections?

Am afraid Mockba I would have to agree with Uladh surely a Sigerson victory this year would feel a little hollow considering you did not have to go through the onslaught of the traditional weekend?

Its not a degree... Its a HND.

Nimbus

Sore losers in my opinion and I'm looking at it from a neutral point of view.

doire na raithe

Fortunately, nobody gives a f**k about your opinion.

Our Nail Loney

Very eloquently put Doire na raithe, hear hear!!

Nimbus

Quote from: doire na raithe on March 27, 2008, 02:04:21 PM
Fortunately, nobody gives a f**k about your opinion.

Enjoying your school holidays mate?

Nimbus

I am not fighting, i just was on the receiving end of a petty immature rant.