Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Are you able to vote?

Tyrones own

Quote from: stephenite on December 11, 2007, 05:54:50 AM
Are you able to vote?

Where are you headed with this one?
Very simple single questions :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Are you able to vote?

;D That works on a number of levels.

Quote from: Tyrones own on December 11, 2007, 04:41:48 AM

Never took it, nor never had an awful lot of time for those that do,
or especially supply it!

I am of a similiar opinion. Coke heads are victims to a large extent, but they are particularly stupid ones.
MWWSI 2017

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 10, 2007, 11:28:00 PM
Is the drugs problem as bad as it is being portrayed in the media or is everyone just jumping on the bandwagon because some "it girl" died?
92% of bars tested may have been found to have shown traces of coke, but that doesnt mean everyone in the bar is taking it, or am I being too simplistic? Yes I know people that take coke, but I know a hell of a lot more that dont. In fact one friend of mine that takes it is an absolute knob when he does take it, when he is not fighting he is still very aggressive and not a nice person to be around. If thats enjoyment thank God I am getting too old for pubs and clubs.
A lof of sence in what you have said there five times. Everybody has free will and if they chose to go down that road,well then the consequences can be lethal. Its all about choice at the end of the day. The media will have moved on to some other story next week and all of this hype will blow over.( no pun intended)

his holiness nb

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 11, 2007, 12:04:06 AM
Quote from: Gold on December 10, 2007, 11:50:12 PM
Who here has taken Coke??

The Dubs  :D

Not me, seen too many people fucked up from it.
A young lad I used to know well died a few weeks back from an overdose (think it was heroin though). Was a nice guy years back, hadnt seen him in the past few years.

Its reasons like this that upset me when the "coke takers" label is thrown at Dubs fans. A lot of peoples lives have been adversely affected by it, even if they never took it.
I know its mostly in jest, but some go a wee bit too far.
Ask me holy bollix

ludermor

Coke would be very common in dublin and getting common countrywide. Some of my extended friends would take it regularlyish ( every couple of months) and in my post college days i took it myself for a wee while. To be honest the way it affects people is much the same as drink, it just doesnt suit some people and it fucks up some people. I wouldnt demonise people because they have taken it , its a personal choice. I have seen drink f**k up a lot more people than drugs.

nifan

Like stew, ive never even tried a cigarette never mind anything harder.
Alcohol is the only drug i would have at all.

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on December 11, 2007, 05:43:01 AM

Left coast..

You need to lay off the rabid right-wing talk radio Tyrone's Own! ;)

thejuice

Never done it myslef though I've been around people who do, and also met some dealers more often than I'd like to. Some are very dangerous others are surprisingly normal people. I dont touch illegal drugs, had enough alcohol related problems and I dont wish to risk getting wound-up addicted to anything else.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tyrones own

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2007, 03:14:48 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on December 11, 2007, 05:43:01 AM

Left coast..

You need to lay off the rabid right-wing talk radio Tyrone's Own! ;)

Sure it's my Cocaine J70 :P Maybe you should take a spin out to San Fran sometime
for a bit of a look see :o
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

QuoteI've saw many more folk acting the bollox drunk - and a lot more violence and accidents through drink too.  Drinkers can't throw stones..They're all drugs...and its hypocrisy

Is it morally any different to feed and get a child hooked on burgers, sweets or soft drink as it is to flog them cigarettes/booze down the local shop? None of them are good

Plenty of people hooked on legal derivitives of the cocoa plant too.

Plenty of addicts for almost anything you can think off - human nature

I think there's a big different in coke and a burger!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Farrandeelin

I'm also like stew. Never have touched cigarettes, never intend to touch them either. I only drink a couple of pints when I'm out. I don't really care if people smoke cigarettes or not, but they are only doing damage in the long run.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

The Iceman

lads don't kid yourselves that it isn't absolutely everywhere, about 3 years ago there was a bus going from the benburb, blackwatertown, tullysaran area to Donegal for a send off for one of the lads. All country lads mostly on the bus with a huge bag of coke.  There was about 40 out of 45 doing it back then from reports I have heard.

Armagh is full of it. 

Sad to see.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Fishbat

Quote from: The Iceman on December 11, 2007, 06:48:03 PM
lads don't kid yourselves that it isn't absolutely everywhere, about 3 years ago there was a bus going from the benburb, blackwatertown, tullysaran area to Donegal for a send off for one of the lads. All country lads mostly on the bus with a huge bag of coke.  There was about 40 out of 45 doing it back then from reports I have heard.

Armagh is full of it. 

Sad to see.

True, Its everywhere - plus mixed with a pile of drink is where the trouble begins.

Any big match day too most of the buses heading off are full of young ones wiped out long before they even get to the stadium

stephenite

Quote from: Tyrones own on December 11, 2007, 05:59:15 AM
Are you able to vote?

Where are you headed with this one?
Very simple single questions :-\

OK, you don't have a lot of time for people who do coke - and considering your somewhat right wing stance on many issues I just wondered if you ever voted for someone who has used cocaine, (ie) George W. Bush?