So just who is running Blighty these days????

Started by stew, December 10, 2007, 08:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

It is a matter of history that when the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, General Dwight Eisenhower found the victims of the death camps, he ordered all possible photographs to be taken and for the German people from the surrounding villages to be ushered through the camps and even made to bury the dead. He did this he said, in words to this effect;  "Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the track of history some ******* will get up and say that this never happened.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"   Edmund Burke

IN MEMORIAL

This week, the UK removed the Holocaust from it's school curriculum because it "offended" the Muslim population because they say it never occurred.

This is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easy each country is giving into it.

It is now more than 60 years since the 2nd. World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the 6 million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians and 1,900 Catholic priests who were murdered, massacred, raped, starved, burned and humiliated while German and Russian people looked the other way! 

Now more than ever, with Iran among others, claiming the Holocaust to be a myth, it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

I think that this decision in England is an absolute disgrace and I would have thought that since appeasement never worked for the brits in the past they might have learned from history not to pander to extremists.

I think that it is time they developed a backbone and stopped runing scared of this segment of their society

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

deiseach

With Google about, there really is no excuse for propogating this kind of garbage.

QuoteHolocaust 'ban' e-mail confusion

E-mails are circulating around the world, claiming the UK has banned the teaching of the Holocaust in schools.

The false suggestion is the action has been taken by the government to avoid offending some Muslim communities.

The source of the rumour may be a report that some history teachers were uncomfortable with sensitive subjects.

In fact the government has reaffirmed that in England, teaching children about the Holocaust is compulsory, and it is not banned elsewhere in the UK.

A number of people have contacted the BBC News website querying e-mails they have been sent.

One example is headed "In Memoriam".

It says: "Recently this week, UK removed The Holocaust from its school curriculum because it 'offended' the Moslem population which claims it never occurred."

It adds: "This is a frightening portent of the fear that is gripping the world and how easily each country is giving into it."

'Emotive'

The report that may have given rise to the alarm was commissioned by England's Department for Education and Skills from the Historical Association, which promotes the study and teaching of history.

It said: "Teachers and schools avoid emotive and controversial history for a variety of reasons, some of which are well-intentioned.

"Staff may wish to avoid causing offence or appearing insensitive to individuals or groups in their classes.

"In particular settings, teachers of history are unwilling to challenge highly contentious or charged versions of history in which pupils are steeped at home, in their community or in a place of worship."

'Holocaust denial'

The report gave as an example a history department in "a northern city" which "recently avoided selecting the Holocaust as a topic for GCSE coursework for fear of confronting anti-Semitic sentiment and Holocaust denial among some Muslim pupils".

The government said there was scope for schools to make their own decisions on what to teach within England's national curriculum.

But a spokesman for England's Department for Education and Skills added: "Teaching of the Holocaust is already compulsory in schools at Key Stage 3 [ages 11 to 14].

"It will remain so in the new KS3 curriculum from September 2008."

He said Education Secretary Alan Johnson himself had stressed this.

There are separate national curriculums in Wales and in Northern Ireland, and 5-14 Guidelines in Scotland.

In those, Holocaust teaching is not compulsory but schools may teach it if they wish and this has not changed recently.

In Northern Ireland, for example, the Holocaust is given as an example of some of the things pupils "should" study.

SammyG

Complete bullshit Stew, but you probably knew that already.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: SammyG on December 10, 2007, 09:01:58 PM

I wouldn't say 'Complete bullshit' - Snopes.com has its status as part true and part false, explaining that generalizations across the UK are indeed false, but that there was one school in Northern England which "avoided selecting the holocaust as a topic for GCSE coursework for fear of confronting anti-Semitic sentiment and Holocaust denial among some Muslim pupils."

taken from page 15 of the following report which stimulated the inital press outcry: http://www.dfes.gov.uk/research/data/uploadfiles/RW100.pdf

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Solomon Kane

Quote from: stew on December 10, 2007, 08:53:51 PM

I think that this decision in England is an absolute disgrace and I would have thought that since appeasement never worked for the brits in the past they might have learned from history not to pander to extremists.

St Andrews/Belfast Agreement?

deiseach

Quote from: Niall Quinn on December 10, 2007, 09:31:09 PM
I wouldn't say 'Complete bullshit' - Snopes.com has its status as part true and part false, explaining that generalizations across the UK are indeed false, but that there was one school in Northern England which "avoided selecting the holocaust as a topic for GCSE coursework for fear of confronting anti-Semitic sentiment and Holocaust denial among some Muslim pupils."

So apart from being half true about one school, complete bullshit.

DrinkingHarp

The whole WORLD has gone crazy with the PC attitude. Austraila banning HO,HO,HO, (the above story), in the US putting up a season/holiday tree instead of  a christmas tree. It seems as more and more immigration hits Europe and the US, it is up to the respected countries to adapt to the minority population. I do not disapprove of immigrants and their beliefs but if I went to another country with different practices be it religion, language or attitude I would have to learn and adjust to the living situation. But when a country/majority population has to curtail their beliefs or education to the minority I feel its just an absolute disgrace.

I feel the main problem with the PC attitude is religion. If you called someone an a$$h@le they might get a little mad, but if you told someone their God/Buddha/Allah was a joke or farce you might get killed. Religious zealots scare me more than a rabbid pit bull.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

stew

England is clean fecked these days, Blair takes a lot of the blame and the labor party in general as well but the brits have changed their banking laws for these people, or they have for the male population of the Muslim faith. The women have showed up for interviews for jobs as teachers and teachers aides in normal gear, they then got hired on and on day one they show up in full Muslim regalia, covered from head to toe with only the eyes on show and then when they get pulled on it they sue the school board. The wanted their own school system, they wanted their own banking system for the men only and they sit down in the middle of the road in protest and dont get lifted, the police are afraid to touch them.

What would happen if a european tried to do that in the middle east I wonder? :-\

stew

I didnt sammy though it is not complete bullshit, to Deiseachs point there is no excuse, I should have checked google but the person that sent it to me is usually sound. I will check before sending anything out like that again.

I still think the British government is pandering to the Muslims and my gripe is that if they live in England, Ireland or anywhere else they should live under that Countries law instead of demanding special priviliges for their people.

Fishbat

In answer to the question who is running things......

Deep intake of air

Murderers, thieves, scheisters, bastards, hoods, gangsters, crooks, liars, lawyers, sneaks, pontificators, hypocrites and more than a fair spattering of c**ts - .......and thats just the government

J70

Quote from: Niall Quinn on December 10, 2007, 09:31:09 PM

taken from page 15 of the following report which stimulated the inital press outcry: http://www.dfes.gov.uk/research/data/uploadfiles/RW100.pdf

Holocaust denial should be confronted at every opportunity. If Muslim holocaust deniers want an honest debate, I'm sure the English will not be found wanting.

SammyG

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 11, 2007, 05:01:53 PM
Quote from: stew on December 11, 2007, 01:29:01 AM
they sit down in the middle of the road in protest and dont get lifted, the police are afraid to touch them.

A bit like Loyalists blocking roads while aided by the Police and members of the legal profession  ;)

Or 'concerned resident's' being bussed in, to sit outside Ardoyne shops.  ;)

deiseach

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2007, 01:29:01 AMThe women have showed up for interviews for jobs as teachers and teachers aides in normal gear, they then got hired on and on day one they show up in full Muslim regalia, covered from head to toe with only the eyes on show and then when they get pulled on it they sue the school board.

I am not aware of this case, but I am aware of the case of Aishah Azmi, a teaching assistant who was not allowed perform her duties while veiled. She did sue, lost her case and was sacked.

QuoteSchool sacks woman after veil row

A Muslim classroom assistant suspended by a school for wearing a veil in lessons has been sacked.

Aishah Azmi, 23, was asked to remove the veil after the Church of England school in Dewsbury, West Yorks, said pupils found it hard to understand her.

Last month, an employment tribunal ruled Mrs Azmi had not been discriminated against, but awarded her £1,100 for "injury to feelings".

Kirklees Council confirmed the teaching assistant had been dismissed.

A spokesman said a staffing dismissals committee of the school's governing body had held a disciplinary hearing into "the circumstances that resulted in the suspension of a bilingual support worker at the school".

Test case

"As a result of the hearing the committee decided to terminate the employment of the employee concerned," he said.

Mrs Azmi's lawyer Nick Whittingham, of the Kirklees Law Centre, said she was told of her dismissal at a disciplinary hearing on Thursday, and had requested the written reasons behind it.

"Until we get those we can't make any further comment," he said.

In October, a tribunal dismissed her claims of religious discrimination and harassment on religious grounds.

Mrs Azmi had said she was willing to remove her veil in front of children, but not if male colleagues were present.

The dispute was brought as a test case under new religious discrimination regulations, the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2004.

The married mother-of-one is still considering whether to appeal against the decision to dismiss her religious discrimination claims.

At the time of the tribunal, she criticised government ministers who had intervened in the case, saying it made her "fearful of the consequences for Muslim women in this country who want to work".

Necessary debate

Dewsbury MP Shahid Malik, who had urged to Mrs Azmi to accept the tribunal's decision, said the case was about the education of the children at the school and not about religion.

Speaking after the sacking, he said: "While I would absolutely defend her right to wear the veil in society, it's very clear that her wearing the veil in the classroom setting inhibits her ability to support children."

Mrs Azmi's case became a central part of a national debate on multiculturism in Britain.

Prime Minister Tony Blair said the veil row was part of a necessary debate about the way the Muslim community integrated into British society.

The veil was a "mark of separation" which made people of other ethnic backgrounds feel uncomfortable, he added.

His comments came after Leader of the House of Commons Jack Straw, said wearing the full veil - or niqab - made community relations more difficult.

One answer to the original question, if we can get all philosophical for a moment, is that Blighty is run by the rule of law. As long as that is the case, no one has anything to fear from the 'Islamofascists'.

Rossfan

Is it an urban myth or did a teacher of English in a London school once refuse to do Romeo and Juliet with the class as she felt it was wrong being expected to teach " a blatantly heterosexual love story" ???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM