Some realism please on the GPA

Started by Armaghtothebone, December 06, 2007, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghtothebone

Can anyone who is opposed to the "grants for players" pleas answer the following questions.

(1) Do you believe that top GAA players should be out of pocket for represnting their county?
(2) Do you object to top administrators in the GAA being paid six figure salaries?
(3) Can the GAA afford to "pay" top players?
(4) Do you think we should treat our top players less well than the FAI or IFA or IRFU?
If you answer yes to 4 please explain why
(5) Do our top players train less or give less commitment than an IFA or FAI player?

If you think its Ok to pay administrators but not players please explain why

pintsofguinness

Can anyone who is opposed to the "grants for players" pleas answer the following questions.

(1) Do you believe that top GAA players should be out of pocket for represnting their county?
No

(2) Do you object to top administrators in the GAA being paid six figure salaries?
No

No

(4) Do you think we should treat our top players less well than the FAI or IFA or IRFU?
No idea how well FAI/IFA/IRFU treat their players but I think ours are treated well

(5) Do our top players train less or give less commitment than an IFA or FAI player?
No idea how much those players train or what commitment they have.

Because they are doing jobs i.e. 35+ hours a week - work that would just be too much for volunteers.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 06, 2007, 09:46:44 PM

No

No

No

No idea how well FAI/IFA/IRFU treat their players but I think ours are treated well

Because they are doing jobs i.e. 35+ hours a week - work that would just be too much for volunteers.

FAI/IFA/IRFU yop players are all paid

I suspect that some of the top GAA players are training 35 hours per week plus

deiseach

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on December 06, 2007, 09:42:55 PM

No, they shouldn't be. They should receive expenses. Last time I checked, they do

No. Administrators are doing their jobs.

In a free market situation, there is probably enough for a hundred or so footballers (not hurlers) to make a living.

If you answer yes to 4 please explain why

I make it a point not to answer "when did you stop beating your wife" questions.

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on December 06, 2007, 09:42:55 PM(5) Do our top players train less or give less commitment than an IFA or FAI player?

Seeing as our top players do not train for a living, I would say our top players train less than professional soccer players

See answer to question 2.

orangeman

Why do they train 35 hours per week ?

Is it for the money ?YES OR NO ?????? THE TRUTH PLEASE

deiseach

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on December 06, 2007, 09:55:18 PM

I suspect that some geeks spend 35 hours per week plus updating Wikipedia. Do you think they should get paid?

SeanSouth

I think "Armaghtothebone" should be added to the GAA's doping schedule at his earliest convenience.

Jinxy

No

No

No

You can suspect all you want but that is complete b*llocks. Do the sums.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 06, 2007, 09:59:01 PM
I think "Armaghtothebone" should be added to the GAA's doping schedule at his earliest convenience.

Have I insulted you at some point and been unaware of it?

SeanSouth

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on December 06, 2007, 10:00:54 PM
Quote from: SeanSouth on December 06, 2007, 09:59:01 PM

Have I insulted you at some point and been unaware of it?

No i just think some of your posts are mental.

orangeman

I don't think you've insulted him but you're not from this world !  ;) :D

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Jinxy on December 06, 2007, 09:59:45 PM

No

No

No

You can suspect all you want but that is complete b*llocks. Do the sums.

I see I have also sworn at you at some point without knowing it

deiseach

Quote from: orangeman on December 06, 2007, 10:02:23 PM
I don't think you've insulted him but you're not from this world !  ;) :D

That's right. He/she is from Armagh

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman