SKY+

Started by clarshack, December 06, 2007, 01:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: tyroneboi on January 02, 2008, 03:18:04 PM
does sky+ cost any extra a month?

No, they used to charge an extra £10 a month but they dont anymore, if you dont have it get it. Its the dogs bollocks.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yer Ma

Just make sure you know who will fix it if your installation goes wrong. I got Sky+ in Sept and had hassle with who I should contact as the initial installation was dodgy. After a few phonecalls to both parties (Sky and the supplier of the box)I had to get angry with the supplier who then came out and fixed it.

nifan

Im in an apartment and as i have only 1 input I cant get full sky+ service.

under the bar

Any good deals at the min for new subscribers??

offtheground

Does anyone know if you can get SKY+ with this 'payonce' deal from Curry's??

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/editorial/sky_payonce

Smokin Joe

Quote from: offtheground on January 03, 2008, 10:48:10 AM
Does anyone know if you can get SKY+ with this 'payonce' deal from Curry's??

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/editorial/sky_payonce

Small print states "standard Sky box".  So no, I'd suggest.

aontroim

Anyone know if there is a way to take programs off sky+ directly onto a PC to burn to DVD - dont have a separate DVD recorder?

Main Street

Quote from: tram on March 18, 2008, 04:50:47 PM
All programmes stored on the Hard Drive on the Sky+ box are encrypted - in the case of Pay-Channels they are recorded as it is and then decoded on playback while free-to-air channels have additional flags set. Your only way is probably to use some sort of TV card on your PC.
Some programs are encrypted, only those  with a C in the information box. With most, there are no restrictions on recording films/programs film from the sky box HD to a dvd disk.

Minder

My Ma has been a Sky customer for 12 years, i told her to ring them and tell them she wanted Sky + for free or she was thinking of leaving, she wouldnt be very good at this sort of thing and didnt tell them how loyal a customer she has been or threaten to leave and they quoted her £209 for box and installation. Is the best action to threaten to leave, cant afford it etc etc ?

his holiness nb

I ordered and the guy arrived and said he couldnt drill through walls so he needed to run a lead from the hall into the sitting room. As he couldnt drill it meant he would tack it around the door frame and through the door and we wouldnt be able to close the door!

he also said he wasnt insured to climb onto the roof to put up the new dish (we have normal sky) so he needed to put a pole at the side of the house and put another dish there!

I told him to feck away off. This was sky themselves I rang, not some cowboy. Anyone else have similar issues?
Ask me holy bollix

isourboydownyet

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 16, 2008, 01:57:05 PM
I ordered and the guy arrived and said he couldnt drill through walls so he needed to run a lead from the hall into the sitting room. As he couldnt drill it meant he would tack it around the door frame and through the door and we wouldnt be able to close the door!

he also said he wasnt insured to climb onto the roof to put up the new dish (we have normal sky) so he needed to put a pole at the side of the house and put another dish there!

I told him to feck away off. This was sky themselves I rang, not some cowboy. Anyone else have similar issues?

this is normal practise with these boys,they wont go into attics either,they try to get it done as simple as possible,they would run the cable over the roof and tac down the wall rather than feed the cable into the attic and put down the conduet,the best thing to do is go to a authorised sky dealer who have there own installers and pay them to do it correctly.

as regards ringing sky and telling them you want to cancel to try and get a better package that will no longer work,in the past when they were trying to build up a strong customer base they would have but not any longer(in the north anyway.
i myself recently was paying £9.99 a month for satanta and i rang to cancel as i only watch the prem on it and they offered me £4.99 for the next 6 months which i though to be pretty good.

clarshack

Quote from: his holiness nb on June 16, 2008, 01:57:05 PM

you shouldnt need a new dish for sky+ unless you are on the old analogue system. all you need is a new sky+ box and a second cable (for recording) running from the skybox to your current dish. you should also get a new remote control as the standard sky remote doesnt work with sky+

Minder

She doesent want a better package she just wants Sky + as her current box is fcuked, when you try to access a lot of channels it comes up "no satellite signal is being received", what about cancelling and then coming back as a new customer as you get no perks for being an existing customer.

Hound

Quote from: Minder on June 16, 2008, 02:36:26 PM
She doesent want a better package she just wants Sky + as her current box is fcuked, when you try to access a lot of channels it comes up "no satellite signal is being received", what about cancelling and then coming back as a new customer as you get no perks for being an existing customer.
That could be the dish has moved slightly out of alignment rather than the box being fecked. Check the signal strength on the Services menu

guy crouchback

Quoteordered and the guy arrived and said he couldnt drill through walls so he needed to run a lead from the hall into the sitting room. As he couldnt drill it meant he would tack it around the door frame and through the door and we wouldnt be able to close the door!

a lot of the guys sky use are useless.i had the exact same problem myself as did a mate of mine. i got onto a local guy who works for himself and he did a great job.