Started by An Fear Rua, December 04, 2007, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Can you not read between the lines?

deiseach

ExiledGael

Lecale2

SeanSouth

Dont think she is dead yet, collapsed after a house party. Illegal substances?

Tankie

Quote from: SeanSouth on December 04, 2007, 09:34:59 PM

If it was illegal substances I have little sympathy even tho it is terrible but if it is something else I wish her all the best.

This morning on Gerry Ryan it was really being put out that it was an Illegal substance and gerry could be kissing her ass anymore, I found this quite annoying as last week when it broke about the waterford lads he was saying how these lads should know better, he even questioned one of their mother attitudes!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bogball XV

Quote from: Tankie on December 05, 2007, 12:35:12 AM
Quote from: SeanSouth on December 04, 2007, 09:34:59 PM

If it was illegal substances I have little sympathy even tho it is terrible but if it is something else I wish her all the best.

This morning on Gerry Ryan it was really being put out that it was an Illegal substance and gerry could be kissing her ass anymore, I found this quite annoying as last week when it broke about the waterford lads he was saying how these lads should know better, he even questioned one of their mother attitudes!
You're all heart Tankie, I'm no fan of the girl, but I feel very sorry for her at this stage.

Tankie

So we are going to feel sorry for a girl that last week boaated that she took coke? as i said if it aint coke i wish her all the best but if it is i dont see why i should.

do people not remember the abuse Kevin Bonner got on this board? and i suppose all the lads on the hill are ok to take coke now too?
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tankie on December 05, 2007, 10:26:53 AM
So we are going to feel sorry for a girl that last week boaated that she took coke? as i said if it aint coke i wish her all the best but if it is i dont see why i should.

do people not remember the abuse Kevin Bonner got on this board? and i suppose all the lads on the hill are ok to take coke now too?

Tankie, taking cocaine is idiotic and it should be said. However that doesnt mean we shouldnt have sympathy if they die as a result.
Do you really think if Bonner took cocaine and died people would be on here saying they have no sympathy?
Ask me holy bollix

saffron

People could make the same arguments for drink - ie if you fell blocked it was your own fault, or if you were attacked while drunk (stats say that most people that are attacked at night are drunk even if they are completely innocent) its also your own fault. Likewise smoking infact you could make the argument that anyone seriously hurt playing sport or racing cars (legitimately) had it coming since they endangered themselves. And as for rock climbers dont get me started..

Obviously you dont drink though Tankie do you..

Galwaybhoy

Who said it was alright for them to take coke?  If they were to die though people would say they were wrong to do what they did but they would still have sympathy for them.

Its not looking good for Katy but hopfully there is a miracle and she pulls through.

Mentalman

So we are going to feel sorry for a girl that last week boaated that she took coke?

To be fair, she didn't boast. A red top approached her and told her they were going to break this story, that they had proof she took coke, and she had the option of giving her side of the story, or they would run theirs. In the circumstances she felt she had no choice but to go along with it. Now you can say if you live by sword you die by the sword, but she wouldn't be the first to think she could use the press and not pay the price.

Irrespective of what caused her illness I hope she pulls through, but I wouldn't be hopeful.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

thebandit

I seen in one of the papers this morning that she had a 20% chance of pulling through

Tankie

Quote from: saffron on December 05, 2007, 11:03:44 AM
People could make the same arguments for drink - ie if you fell blocked it was your own fault, or if you were attacked while drunk (stats say that most people that are attacked at night are drunk even if they are completely innocent) its also your own fault. Likewise smoking infact you could make the argument that anyone seriously hurt playing sport or racing cars (legitimately) had it coming since they endangered themselves. And as for rock climbers dont get me started..

It is rediculous to compare a drug overdose or a Class A drug to a sports injury.

Its illegal drug that is running our society, everybody knows the HIGH risk involved in taking coke, everybody knows people die every year from it but yet i should feel sorry for another person who takes it and knows all the risks ::)

Is it not a bit hypacritical to tell even not to take it as it is so dangerous but if you die we will all feel sorry for you and your illegal drug taking. On this board it was pointed out that people like that young plumber got shot dead because of drugs and if people like Bonner didnt take them he may well be alive now! The people i feel sorry for are the families who have to go through this just because their son,daughter, sister, brother decided they would take a chance with a high risk class A drug.

If the choice of survive was between the illegal drug user in a comma or the innocent plumber i know who i would rather see walking around.
Grand Slam Saturday!

lfdown2

Quote from: Tankie on December 05, 2007, 01:45:40 PM
Quote from: saffron on December 05, 2007, 11:03:44 AM

It is rediculous to compare a drug overdose or a Class A drug to a sports injury.

Its illegal drug that is running our society, everybody knows the HIGH risk involved in taking coke, everybody knows people die every year from it but yet i should feel sorry for another person who takes it and knows all the risks ::)

Is it not a bit hypacritical to tell even not to take it as it is so dangerous but if you die we will all feel sorry for you and your illegal drug taking. On this board it was pointed out that people like that young plumber got shot dead because of drugs and if people like Bonner didnt take them he may well be alive now! The people i feel sorry for are the families who have to go through this just because their son,daughter, sister, brother decided they would take a chance with a high risk class A drug.

If the choice of survive was between the illegal drug user in a comma or the innocent plumber i know who i would rather see walking around.

smoking?