Ryan Cup Final

Started by corn02, December 04, 2007, 12:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

It'll take a good team to beat them - to beat Queens by 10 in a final was some achievement !

off the laces

queens beat themselves to be defending on one player to get all your scores is sheer madness.
Keeps 'er' straight

mackers

I thought that Queen's passing at times was terrible and the tactic(??) of letting Lyng drop deep and pick up the ball unopposed was a strange one, surely he would have been one of the players that would have been ear-marked to be marked tight. He had the freedom of Silverbridge and pulled all the strings, his goal was brilliant. Of the Queens team only McCumiskey and to a lesser extent Vernon showed anything.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Jinxy

Quote from: off the laces on December 06, 2007, 11:00:56 AM
queens beat themselves to be defending on one player to get all your scores is sheer madness.

A team could normally maybe "beat themselves" by 1 or 2 points. To beat themselves by 10 is some going.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DMarsden

Can you actually go out with a strategy of allowing only one player to score?

INDIANA

in fairness darby look at the amount of senior inter county footballers on that list and look at the guys who weren't playing last night. I still see Ross mc Connell and bernard brogan floating around up there as well- the team that played last night will have about 5/6 players still to go come in. they'd do well in the senior inter county championship.

Seany

Congratulations to DCU on their purchase of another cup.

They are actually cheaper to buy in trophy shops, rather than splashing out on all those players, if you need them that badly...

High Catch

Quote from: Seany on December 06, 2007, 11:57:37 AM
Congratulations to DCU on their purchase of another cup.

They are actually cheaper to buy in trophy shops, rather than splashing out on all those players, if you need them that badly...

Sour grapes ::)

Did the Bridge get the big crowd they were expecting?

Old Bill

Sour grapes seany!  The poly have done it with moran lacey and co last this year!  Queens did it last year with mc cartan, o kane and co!  Even the ranch have been at them old tricks when a donegal inter county player deliberately failed his exams in order to play sigerson for the ranch the year they were hostin it!  also their liberal arts degree course is specifically aimed at gettin less academically minded gifted footballers into the college!  So every1 is buyin something!  Its just part and parcel of 3rd level games these days!

High Catch

Queens, DCU and the Poly are all as guilty as each other at this 'buying' players. 

Queens seem to be doing it to a lesser extent this year however and i suppose this showed in last nights result.  It makes a bit of a mockery of the comp as it seems that the university willing to put the most funds into building a good team will usually win the cup, or at least make the final. This was seen by the 2 teams who made last years final.

orangeman

And we're having silly arguments about grants for players whenever universities and colleges are spending like mad to recruit players ???  ;D ;D ;D

I hope those that extol the virtues of the GPA realise where this will end up ! Wake up and smell the coffee lads ...  ;)

DMarsden

That is the most self contradictory post i've ever read orangeman

orangeman

It was meant to be !!!  :D

I thought you were the one with the brains and that you would have caught that one before making that very apparent statement !  ;) :D

corn02

High catch there was a biggish crowd, nothing massive. What you would expect on a cold wet night.

DMarsden

nope, even rhetorically it is plain stoopid