Craigavon - the lost city!

Started by Bacon, December 03, 2007, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

lurganblue

Quote from: Don Johnson on December 22, 2011, 06:37:21 PM
Was over at Rushmere today, the police were directing traffic at the big roundabout near the shopping centre and one side of the Lake Road was closed off. Forensics men all over the place and they were cutting off railings from the bridge above the road.

Heard a few rumours about what happened but nothing online, anyone know anything?

I heard someone was stabbed and thrown over the bridge for what it is worth.

Heard the same myself but no names as of yet

The Worker

Man in critical condition in hospital after Craigavon assaultA 36-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital after being assaulted in Craigavon.

He was found lying injured near a roundabout on the Lake Road shortly after 0300 GMT on Thursday.

The man was taken by ambulance to the Craigavon Area Hospital. He has now been transferred to the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast.

Detectives have appealed for information from anyone who may have witnessed the assault.

JUst retired

I heard that myself. A fall out amongst dealers is what I heard.

Lecale2

Craigavon - In Irish - the "hill with the round-abouts".

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 22, 2011, 10:42:46 PM
Craigavon - In Irish - the "hill with the round-abouts".
Close - 'the hole with the roundabouts' is a better translation, allowing for local dialect, etc

LeoMc

I saw the thread name and I thought it had been mis-laid.
No such luck its still f@[{1ng there. >:( :(

Eamonnca1

Maybe it means "city of the people who get lost on the roundabouts".

I remember being at a Scór in St Anthony's Hall in Craigavon years ago and half the teams showed up late because everyone was getting lost on the roundabouts because there's so many of them.

JUst retired

That problem has been solved. On the front road {main road} roundabouts are numbered, and on the back road they are lettered,now what could be easier? ;D

Eamonnca1

I could never remember the numbers or letters of them. Don't they have names now?

Orior

Ah geez, I never realised the Newt posted on here. I met him once at my local paper shop and I congratulated him on doing a good job. His job is to poke fun at politicans, and say what everyone else is afarid to say.

Is Newton (a St Killicomaine High School old boy) the one and only example of the Dickson system actually working?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JUst retired

The only names they have are local names eg Pinebank or Moylinn,or the Lakes etc. They are numbered 1---------7 and A----------E.
Orior who is the newt?

Orior

Quote from: JUst retired on December 23, 2011, 03:24:23 PM
The only names they have are local names eg Pinebank or Moylinn,or the Lakes etc. They are numbered 1---------7 and A----------E.
Orior who is the newt?

Newton Emerson, was the author of the Portadown Times. http://www.portadownnews.com/

Archives are still available.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on December 23, 2011, 05:34:18 PM
Quote from: JUst retired on December 23, 2011, 03:24:23 PM
Orior who is the newt?

Newton Emerson, was the author of the Portadown Times. http://www.portadownnews.com/

Archives are still available.
TheDetail.tv is his newish venture.

5 Sams

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 22, 2011, 11:52:19 PM
Maybe it means "city of the people who get lost on the roundabouts".

I remember being at a Scór in St Anthony's Hall in Craigavon years ago and half the teams showed up late because everyone was getting lost on the roundabouts because there's so many of them.

A proper roundabout...

The Aristocrat Years