Craigavon - the lost city!

Started by Bacon, December 03, 2007, 11:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

fair enough Donagh but during the conclusion of the show they tried to paint a rosie picture of what craigavon is now, even though it didnt go to plan and was lost.

red hander

I spent six weeks of the summer of 1980 in Craigavon staying with cousins and I have never recovered from my experience... but I did learn to appreciate being a Dungannon man...

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: red hander on December 04, 2007, 11:30:32 AM
I spent six weeks of the summer of 1980 in Craigavon staying with cousins and I have never recovered from my experience... but I did learn to appreciate being a Dungannon man...

Cousins in Craigavon and you're from Dungannon, you're not Portuguese by any chance?

deiseach

So who was (is?) the bould Newt on here?

balladmaker

Never mind Craigavon, some one needs to do something about Lurgan itself.  The town is dying on its feet...shopping is a joke, nothing but pound and bargain shops whereas Craigavon Shopping Centre is pulling in all of the big chain stores like Next, Debenhams, Jack & Jones, Starbucks etc. etc.  It has done Lurgan town centre some damage in the last few years.

There also appears to be alot more investment into Portadown town centre than in Lurgan!

Onion Bag

Craigavion and Lurgan are 2 Shite holes! FACT!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Lecale2

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on December 04, 2007, 02:08:10 PM
Quote from: red hander on December 04, 2007, 11:30:32 AM

Cousins in Craigavon and you're from Dungannon, you're not Portuguese by any chance?
Craigavon has always welcomed new residents from strange and far off lands. Some of the Vietnamese "boat people" settled there in the 1970s. Poles, Russians, Timorese, Portugese, Latvians and Travellers have all settled in the area. A family from Keady was even made very welcome in the 1980s.

stiffler

whoever thought that this plan could have been successful must have been high as a kite.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Gs Man

Rushmere's dead on, but as Balladmaker says, Lurgan town centre shops are shite.  (unless your a spide who love striped hoodies)
Keep 'er lit

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SeanSouth

saffron sam2

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

nrico2006

Lurgan is a hole, and it has arguably the worst 'Nighclub' in Northern Ireland - the Ashburn!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2007, 12:47:46 PM
Was Uladh not the boyo who used to stalk ONeill?

He went too close.

Oddly, though, he has been logging in, as recent as 2 days ago....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Don Johnson

Was over at Rushmere today, the police were directing traffic at the big roundabout near the shopping centre and one side of the Lake Road was closed off. Forensics men all over the place and they were cutting off railings from the bridge above the road.

Heard a few rumours about what happened but nothing online, anyone know anything?

I heard someone was stabbed and thrown over the bridge for what it is worth.