Should Wayne McCullough have called it a day...

Started by cville, November 29, 2007, 09:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

Quote from: hardstation on November 29, 2007, 09:41:04 PM
Does it bug the shite out of anyone else when he says the word "Chempianship"?

There is an ad on Talksport, probably other stations too, taking the piss out of his accent.

'Kiki! It's Packet Racket.  I'm gonna knack you out and I'm gonna be the Chempian'
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Galwaybhoy

red hander

'Anyway, I sincerely hope the Pocket Rocket survives with all his faculties intact, since he was a fine boxer and an even finer human being'

Never thought I'd agree with EG.  He also carried the tricolour in Bareclona.

BTW, it'll not matter, from what I've heard the fight has been cancelled anyway...

ziggysego

QuoteMcCullough's comeback bout is off

Wayne McCullough's comeback bout on Saturday has been called off because his opponent Kiko Martinez was one-and-a-half pounds over the weight.

There was chaos at Belfast's King's Hall as the European super-bantamweight champion Martinez failed to make the 8st 10lb mark.

It is unclear whether the rest of the bill will proceed.

McCullough had been hoping that a surprise win over Martinez would earn him a world title shot in 2008.

The scheduled 10-round contest was not a ttile bout because McCullough had not fought for two-and-a-half years.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7121318.stm

I guess he'll have to wait a bit longer to be Chempian.
Testing Accessibility

ExiledGael

Some of it coming up on UTV news now I think, should be worth a watch.
How the hell did Kiko not make the weight?

Square Ball

Quote from: hardstation on November 30, 2007, 06:01:51 PM
A wee row at the weigh in. The wife jumping in the middle of it. Someone should have chinned her.

no contest, the wife by a KO in the second
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ExiledGael

Oh my God. Never seen her before, unbelievable

cville

Christ!!! What a sad end to a fabulous career .. He threatened to whack Jack Magowan (79) as he thought he touched Cheryll .... but she came into the press like a hure possessed.... feck me - what a witch!!!

ziggysego

I've seen youses talking about Cheryl on here for the last day or two, but woah... nothing prepared me for the woman herself!

I was in stitches laughing. Poor auld Wayne trying his best to get her to shut up!  :D

Did anyone else notice during that "melee", that Wayne's Nevada twang disappeared?
Testing Accessibility

Gabriel_Hurl

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ExiledGael

Worst of all she was shouting, 'you'll never write another story in this town again'. Stupid bitch wouldn't even let her poor bastard of a husband talk. Why would any man want that as your wife.
Possibly an interesting one for the would you/wouldn't you thread!!

Chrisowc

Quote from: ziggysego on November 30, 2007, 06:37:34 PM
I've seen youses talking about Cheryl on here for the last day or two, but woah... nothing prepared me for the woman herself!

I was in stitches laughing. Poor auld Wayne trying his best to get her to shut up!  :D

Did anyone else notice during that "melee", that Wayne's Nevada twang disappeared?

All things considered Cheryl probably has more chance being Chempian than the Packet Racket.  Wouldn't mess with her :o

Once the twang went I was expecting - 'I know were you live big lad!'

Chrisowc

Quote from: hardstation on November 30, 2007, 08:38:11 PM
QuotePossibly an interesting one for the would you/wouldn't you thread!!
Was thinking that myself.................................yeah! :-X

You'd better get the job done and get out quick!  He'd eat you for brekfest. 

Abble

what i cant figure out is why magowan was supposedly giving mccullagh a hard time, sure he was well inside the weight. Was his gripe that he was so far inside the weight ?

surely magowan should've been making more of an effort to attack kiko's team ?! instead he goes for one of his own !

there's something v dodgy about it all