Roy Keane Hype

Started by Leo, November 27, 2007, 09:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Gerry are you the poor mans Fearon?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gerrykeegan

As its Christmas i will not get annoyed, reading over it however i could see some Fearonisims in it! Keane has always been a hero of mine and I am looking forward to meeting him, you don't get to meet many of your sporting hero's. I did go to Japan, I nearly cancelled the trip when the news broke but I went. may main thrust of the post was that (apart from being very happy about the tickets) is that myself and that lad who works beside me for the last 6 years at least once a week have a shouting (good fun type) match about Roy and I have finally just started to let it go. If the main people involved the the debacle Roy, Mick (I have always previously called him McCarthy) and Quinn have all put it behind them then why cant everyone else. The lad in my job is like the wobbler "Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker", fingers in ears,  I can't hear you. "Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker""Cork kn**ker" And i suppose I was the in the opposite corner for a long while but I think I have finally taken my fingers out of my ears and thats a start!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

magickingdom

let what go? good manners, sure we'd be ruined if everyone did that  ;)

Rossfan

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 25, 2007, 09:12:48 PMSunderland v Bolton to be entertained ............

Oxy Moron of the year award I do believe  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

redcard

thewobbler

A few more thoughts of mine:

Craig Gordon - £9m
Kieran Richardson - £5.5m
Michael Chopra - £5m
Greg Halford - £3.5m
Paul McShane - £2.5m
Dickson Etuhu - £1.5m
Russell Anderson - £1m

£28m for certain relegation

magickingdom

and heres a few thoughts of mine, a little poem called 'Roy'

'roy no joy
in the hood
the news aint good
your so bad
even mick is sad
now the shoes dont fit
cause your s..t'

Leo

Quote from: thewobbler on December 27, 2007, 01:46:20 PM

Craig Gordon - £9m
Michael Chopra - £5m
Greg Halford - £3.5m
Paul McShane - £2.5m
Dickson Etuhu - £1.5m
Russell Anderson - £1m

Add in Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, David Connolly ........

This is the guy whose "judgement" over Saipan has been deemed so right that his views on every aspect of Irish football are, to some, sacrosanct.

The saintly Niall Quinn is his saviour for now but the day of reckoning is close.
Fierce tame altogether

Chrisowc

Quote from: Leo on December 23, 2007, 09:52:43 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on December 23, 2007, 09:25:35 PM

you and i seem to have different definations of world class, maybe you should stop using it in every sentence. keane was never world class at anything.

Throughout the over-hyped Keane - Man U period he was NEVER ONCE nominated in the annual "World 11" selections in the international sports press. As a so-called republic our subservience to the British premiership and its hype is astonishing and the immaturre Keane fanaticsm is the most potent example of this post-colonial complex. Why can't we just be satisfied that he was a good exponent of the Brtisih game, a poor example in terms of discipline, one of the best players this small island has produced (but by no means the best) and a disaster as a leader of his country. You couldnt think of anything worse to do as capatian of Ireland other than perhaps invite the Taoiseach to a Man U players' party (giving new meaning to the term "Christmas roast").

Move on Keane fundamentalists. He will fail at Sunderland and spend the next few years scraping around the managerial outbacks of clubs who never seem to learn from the shallowness of this hype - the classic fore-runner being Brian "Relegation" Robson. And all you wi;; have left to cling to is your poisoned view of the Saipan wreckage.

British Premiership?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

redcard

Quote from: thewobbler on December 27, 2007, 01:46:20 PM

Craig Gordon - £9m
Michael Chopra - £5m
Greg Halford - £3.5m
Paul McShane - £2.5m
Dickson Etuhu - £1.5m
Russell Anderson - £1m

Juan Sebastián Verón = £28.1 million

Naa doesn't look that bad

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: new devil on December 24, 2007, 06:53:40 PM
Lads we could argue all day about who's fault it was and who's it wasn't...i am never going to chance my mind about keaneo.In my eyes the man is a legend and a hero and to others he is a kn**ker...but i am glad we can all agree on one thing...Hes the best Irish player ever  ;) ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all (apart from McCarthy)

Better than Paul McGrath??? I think not

redcard

Rossfan

Quote from: Leo on December 29, 2007, 08:50:13 AM

official name is simply"The Premiership" (to which RTE as expected bows its head)

Has it reverted back to Premier League again this season?
As for the "THE" - same as THE FA,THE RFU,THE Grand National** etc etc.
As the English started all those things there was noe other at the time. Then the lesser Breeds- Scottish ,Irish etc started FAs and RFUs but had to specify the country in the title.

** Kerry also has a Grand National :)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

It's officially called the Barclays Premier League. ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

magickingdom