Roy Keane Hype

Started by Leo, November 27, 2007, 09:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

You must of a sad life you tosser if thats what your dream is  ::) ::)

stew

I have no time for Keane or thee tubes that beack him no matter what he does, his apologist sicken my shite. That said I think he has done a decent job so far with Sunderland and feel that he hasnt had enough time to be judged the way he has been on here.

I hope he keeps them up and I also hope he does well for them, I have always liked Sunderland and hated newcastle.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

under the bar

QuoteDefinitely a good defensive midfield British type of player - as far from world class as Liam Miller.

that statemnt would tell me you know as much about footie as gaa.

stew

Quote from: under the bar on December 22, 2007, 09:20:52 PM
QuoteDefinitely a good defensive midfield British type of player - as far from world class as Liam Miller.

Keane was world class, as good as ZZ was imho. he was an incredible force and his will to win is legendary. ZZ had a lot more class on the ball but Keanes influence was every bit as great and he never took a night off, he ran his arse off every time he played and he made everyone around him better.

new devil

Quote from: stew on December 22, 2007, 09:25:17 PM

Keane was world class, as good as ZZ was imho. he was an incredible force and his will to win is legendary. ZZ had a lot more class on the ball but Keanes influence was every bit as great and he never took a night off, he ran his arse off every time he played and he made everyone around him better.

Keane was one of the best midfielders in the world...if he was english everone would agree because it would of been shoved down there throats that much by the media... hence Steven Gerrard FFS

The man is a legend...carried a shit Ireland team to a world cup then got fucked by that pig McCarthy (who is the only person i can say i truly hate)

stew

Quote from: new devil on December 22, 2007, 09:35:39 PM

Keane was one of the best midfielders in the world...if he was english everone would agree because it would of been shoved down there throats that much by the media... hence Steven Gerrard FFS

The man is a legend...carried a shit Ireland team to a world cup then got fucked by that pig McCarthy (who is the only person i can say i truly hate)

You are one of the apologists I refered to earlier. Do you actually believe that shite and do you hold Keane accountable for anything that happened in Saipan?

stew

Keane is as arrogant a man as you will ever find. he destroyed the morale of a team going into a WC finals that was probably the weakest in history and they could have won if he had played and he walked away from his team mates and let down his country and you blame all of this on McCarthy?

Keane was 31 at that time and was still a world class player and his behaviour was a disgrace and the fact that his team mates shunned him to a man speaks volumes about him as a team mate and a professional.

magickingdom

red devil, mick mccarthy is a gentleman and your boy roy is a nacker. a nacker who has been showed up by trying to ply his trade at a level he cant reach. he has spent 25m on players ffs - played 18, 14 points,  minus 17 goals

redcard

Quote from: stew on December 22, 2007, 09:52:04 PM

Keane is as arrogant a man as you will ever find. he destroyed the morale of a team going into a WC finals that was probably the weakest in history and they could have won if he had played and he walked away from his team mates and let down his country and you blame all of this on McCarthy?

Keane was 31 at that time and was still a world class player and his behaviour was a disgrace and the fact that his team mates shunned him to a man speaks volumes about him as a team mate and a professional.

could have won if McCarthy et al had of taken the competition seriously.

the fact that his team mates shunned him to a man  Does that include Niall Quinn  ???

Minder

Niall Quinn did shun him at the time, but Quinn is so obsessed with his "Saint Niall" image he didnt say too much.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

redcard

Quote from: Minder on December 22, 2007, 10:24:04 PM
Niall Quinn did shun him at the time, but Quinn is so obsessed with his "Saint Niall" image he didnt say too much.

Hi ya Minder!

Or maybe having thought about it he realised Keane was right.

Minder

Quote from: redcard on December 22, 2007, 10:29:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 22, 2007, 10:24:04 PM

Hi ya Minder!

Or maybe having thought about it he realised Keane was right.

I dunno i would be very cynical about Quinn, he wants everyone to believe he is a Mary Poppins type figure.

thewobbler

The trouble in dealing with these Keano-worshippers is that there never will be a stage when they might admit he has made a mistake or two. Bucks will always be passed and excuses will always be found. It truly is an amzing influence he has over so many people.

redcard

Quote from: thewobbler on December 22, 2007, 10:47:00 PM
The trouble in dealing with these Keano-worshippers is that there never will be a stage when they might admit he has made a mistake or two. Bucks will always be passed and excuses will always be found. It truly is an amzing influence he has over so many people.

You're talking a load of balls Wobbler. Keane is not perfect but I think it does take a little intellect to try and understand why he behaved like that. If anybody has a grievance with him surely it was Quinn. Keane called him all sorts of names in the past yet the two of them are now working together. I think that speaks volumes for both men.

I don't know about Quinn, Minder. Maybe you are right. I was impressed by his testimonial donation which he didn't have to do.

Minder

Quote from: redcard on December 22, 2007, 10:56:13 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on December 22, 2007, 10:47:00 PM

You're talking a load of balls Wobbler. Keane is not perfect but I think it does take a little intellect to try and understand why he behaved like that. If anybody has a grievance with him surely it was Quinn. Keane called him all sorts of names in the past yet the two of them are now working together. I think that speaks volumes for both men.

I don't know about Quinn, Minder. Maybe you are right. I was impressed by his testimonial donation which he didn't have to do.

He certainly didnt but the positive PR he got from that can get you places......Maybe i should give him the benefit of the doubt.