Big flat screen tvs

Started by his holiness nb, November 26, 2007, 10:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: full back on November 26, 2007, 03:36:46 PM
Quote from: Donagh on November 26, 2007, 02:47:57 PM
Spending over a grand and a half on a telly and a 50" inch one at that!!! Lads ffs, take the wife on holiday, join a book club, buy the kids a new bike, donate money to the club, or take out a fecking gym membership but Jez don't be pissing it away on oul shite like that...

WTF Donagh, I would say he is better buying a TV that p1ssing it away on the above oul sh1te

The idea would be to find something else to do rather that spend it in front of the telly. If I was spending a grand a half on a telly I'd want it to actually do something rather than beam someone else's shite into my house. If you ask me, the tv companies should be paying us to have these fecking things rather than the other way around.

nifan

not all television is shite, and if people enjoy watching it after a hard days work, well fair play to them.
Just because someone may watch tv doesnt make them any less intelligent etc.

Those with enough money may choose to spend a bit extra on quality - it is certainly more than 99% can see the difference in various tvs.

I dont know what you drive, or where you go out to eat or on holiday, but do you always go for the cheapest option or do you spend a bit on something you enjoy?

lynchbhoy

jeez Donagh
as a kid one of my ambitions was to have a massive wall sized TV - now that I need a new TV (current one on its last legs) I'd like to get a 40" version anyhow.

its mad money I suppose, but in the grand scheme of things that kind of money is equiv to a months rent down here, not even the monthly mortgage payment for most.

its bette than p*ssing it away in the pub , which I no longer do...so I can say I am only spending the money I have saved from this!

DickyRock

Lads,

if it is a Plasma you looking for then Pioneer and Panasonics are the two best brands. Have a look over on avforums.com.

I ended up buying a 42" Panasonic in the first hald of the year and think its the business. A mate has also bought a 50" and it looks class.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Donagh on November 26, 2007, 04:02:24 PM
Quote from: full back on November 26, 2007, 03:36:46 PM
Quote from: Donagh on November 26, 2007, 02:47:57 PM
Spending over a grand and a half on a telly and a 50" inch one at that!!! Lads ffs, take the wife on holiday, join a book club, buy the kids a new bike, donate money to the club, or take out a fecking gym membership but Jez don't be pissing it away on oul shite like that...

WTF Donagh, I would say he is better buying a TV that p1ssing it away on the above oul sh1te

The idea would be to find something else to do rather that spend it in front of the telly. If I was spending a grand a half on a telly I'd want it to actually do something rather than beam someone else's shite into my house. If you ask me, the tv companies should be paying us to have these fecking things rather than the other way around.

Not stuck for cash Donagh, I do the big holidays (India and Maldives this year) get out plenty, play ball, but would still like a big ass telly to watch Pat Kenny on of a friday night  ;)

I imagine the cold beer would taste better in front of one too!
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

Feckit I'm going to make an appointment to have my attitudes scanned. Once again I agree with Donagh.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hardy on November 26, 2007, 06:50:27 PM
Feckit I'm going to make an appointment to have my attitudes scanned. Once again I agree with Donagh.

Well when your black and white portable breaks down dont be hanging round my front garden looking in the window at my big telly!!
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

From the sounds of it I won't have to go near your front garden. I could probably see it from Duleek.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hardy on November 26, 2007, 07:10:56 PM
From the sounds of it I won't have to go near your front garden. I could probably see it from Duleek.

:D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

SeanSouth

Quote from: Donagh on November 26, 2007, 03:57:31 PM
Quote from: nifan on November 26, 2007, 03:30:36 PM
whats the problem with buying a big tv donagh?

They're a pile of oul shite with the sole purpose of beaming another pile of oul shite into our homes encouraging us to buy the next fashionable pile of oul shte that comes along.  99% of us wouldn't notice any discernable difference in quality between one of them and one at half the price or even a CRT telly. Personally I would rather look at the wife or a nice open file that a big pile of oul shite stuck to the wall in front of me, or just as worse, listening to the big 50 incher the neighbour has paid too much for and stuck to our adjoining wall.

Has your wife seen the neighbours 50 inches Donagh?

his holiness nb

Got it last night, 50 inch phillips hd ready plasma.
Tis a fecking wonderful sight  :)
Ask me holy bollix