Best v Healy

Started by Square Ball, November 20, 2007, 09:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

BBc NI are running a vote on the above topic and when I voted it was:

Healy 33% and Best 67%  >:(

IMHO it should be Best 100%, Healy should not be compared to Best, not good enought to lace the guys boots
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Are you joking?
This admiration for Best is something I just don't get.  Pissed away his talent, beat up women and wasted a Liver.

Don't think I'd describe myself as Healy fan but he comes across as a down to earth fella who has a far better international record than Best. I know who I'd vote for.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 09:38:45 PM
Are you joking?
This admiration for Best is something I just don't get.  Pissed away his talent, beat up women and wasted a Liver.

Don't think I'd describe myself as Healy fan but he comes across as a down to earth fella who has a far better international record than Best. I know who I'd vote for.

He might have a better internationl record but i don't think we'll ever see Healy winning a European Cup Final on his own
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

Are you joking?

Well I suppose it's down to whether the question is who was the better soccer player or who was the better person. I have no idea about the latter, but I'd say it's 100% Best on the former.

(But I know nothing about soccer).

J70

Are you joking?

Come on Pints! Best might have pissed it all away and may not have been much of a role model in terms of how to handle fame and fortune, but no other player from the British Isles has ever come close to him in terms of footballing ability.

Square Ball

the question was:

David Healy has scored a record-breaking 13 goals in the Euro 2008 campaign. Is he now better than George Best?

a resounding NO,NO,NO.

POG, this man may have wasted his talent, but he was still better with a hang over than most premiership players, and that included Healy. in 25 yrears time will Healy be remembered? he maybe, but not in the same terms as Best.

pintsofguinness

Best was 100% the better footballer but Healy has been a much greater servant to Northern Ireland than Best ever was. 

Indeed I'd rather someone like Healy on my team than someone like Best.

stephenite

If the vote is simply about who was the better player for Northern Ireland than surely it's Healy

Square Ball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 10:07:38 PM
Best was 100% the better footballer but Healy has been a much greater servant to Northern Ireland than Best ever was. 

POG, while i agree that Healy may be a greater servant, if i had the choice who I would pick in a team, no contest

The Real Laoislad

I doubt your gonna get too many posters who are gonna agree with ya there pog...
I'd rather have a half fit,half blind and fully drunk Best on my team than Healy
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 20, 2007, 09:42:17 PM
Are you joking?

He might have a better internationl record but i don't think we'll ever see Healy winning a European Cup Final on his own

or getting European player of the year for that matter

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stephenite on November 20, 2007, 10:11:37 PM
If the vote is simply about who was the better player for Northern Ireland than surely it's Healy

Well maybe thats what the Poll is but Square Ball never mention N.Ireland in his orginal post,The question he posted was Best or Healy ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Balboa

For f**k sake he isnt even a regular in one of the worst teams in the Premiership.

dodo

Quote from: J70 on November 20, 2007, 09:55:48 PM
Come on Pints! Best might have pissed it all away and may not have been much of a role model in terms of how to handle fame and fortune, but no other player from the British Isles has ever come close to him in terms of footballing ability.

::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 20, 2007, 10:14:02 PM

I doubt your gonna get too many posters who are gonna agree with ya there pog...
I'd rather have a half fit,half blind and fully drunk Best on my team than Healy

Depends on who you'd want on your team - I'd take a hard working ordinary player over pissed up prima donna anyday.