Best v Healy

Started by Square Ball, November 20, 2007, 09:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

I have just heard that the BBC are looking into the voting patterns as they have traced 90% of Healeys votes to a Jack Fullerton and a Stephen Watson.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 10:19:56 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 20, 2007, 10:14:02 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 10:07:38 PM
Best was 100% the better footballer but Healy has been a much greater servant to Northern Ireland than Best ever was. 

Indeed I'd rather someone like Healy on my team than someone like Best.

I doubt your gonna get too many posters who are gonna agree with ya there pog...
I'd rather have a half fit,half blind and fully drunk Best on my team than Healy

Depends on who you'd want on your team - I'd take a hard working ordinary player over pissed up prima donna anyday. 

Ah come on pog the man was a footballing genius, And while no one can argue with you over his drinking habits he done more for Man Utd in the few years he was with them than Healy will do over his whole career with lowly Premiership and lower league teams
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: dodo on November 20, 2007, 10:18:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 20, 2007, 09:55:48 PM
Come on Pints! Best might have pissed it all away and may not have been much of a role model in terms of how to handle fame and fortune, but no other player from the British Isles has ever come close to him in terms of footballing ability.

::)

You disagree that there haven't been any better players, or are you disapproving of my use of the term "British Isles"?

pintsofguinness

I don't care  LL a woman beating drunk gets no respect from me.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

J70

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 20, 2007, 10:26:23 PM

Fair enough, but I don't think the poll is addressing their conduct in their private lives.

The Real Laoislad

Im not gonna get into that with you Pog and in fairness that hasn't anything to do with the question posted
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: J70 on November 20, 2007, 10:28:13 PM

Fair enough, but I don't think the poll is addressing their conduct in their private lives.

Yes but Best's private life affected his football.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dodo

Quote from: J70 on November 20, 2007, 10:25:52 PM
Quote from: dodo on November 20, 2007, 10:18:33 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 20, 2007, 09:55:48 PM
Come on Pints! Best might have pissed it all away and may not have been much of a role model in terms of how to handle fame and fortune, but no other player from the British Isles has ever come close to him in terms of footballing ability.

::)

You disagree that there haven't been any better players, or are you disapproving of my use of the term "British Isles"?

The latter.

heganboy

This is the dumbest thread I have ever read on this board.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Square Ball

Quote from: heganboy on November 20, 2007, 10:33:35 PM
This is the dumbest thread I have ever read on this board.

Why
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ONeill

I'd have to go for Best as Healy has Kyle Lafferty playing off him. I would score the guts of 7-8 campaign goals if I was playing alongside Kyle Lafferty.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Leo

Why do people get so worked up about these polls which are basically the preserve of age group 10 - 16, none of whom would ever have seen Best play?
For the record - he was the best ever player to grace a British or Irish soccer pitch bar none. Only Thierry Henry comes anywhere near.
Do not answer this post unless you saw Best in more than one live game. I've been attending games for over 35 years.
By the way I am seriously impressed with Healy's NI record - I just can't figure it out.
Fierce tame altogether

Evil Genius

It would help if someone could post the exact question!

But in its absence, as someone who has seen both play live, in footballing terms, Healy has moments of genius, but Best was  a genius, so there is no real comparison. (Sorry David)  Best was European Footballer of the Year at 23 - who knows what he might have achieved had he carried on playing, instead of just carrying on!

However, if the assessment is of their worth for the NI football team, I'd have to say Healy wins every time. (Sorry, George). Statistics can be used to mislead as well as illuminate, but George scored 9 goals in 38 appearances for NI, whereas David has already got 33 in 61. And since strikers tend to get better as they gain experience; at 28, Healy is probably just approaching his peak.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

magpie seanie

This thread is just ridiculous.

Evil Genius

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2007, 11:37:38 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 20, 2007, 11:31:31 PM
This thread is just ridiculous.
I agree. Unless the question is, who has been ni best player in the last year? The answer will always be Best.
Strange that ni supporters have always compared Best with Pele and Maradona and are now comparing him with Healy.

I've not heard one NI fan compare Best with Healy, not one.

Mind you, if he goes on scoring like he has been lately (25 in 32 internationals)... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"