Previous topic - Next topic

Is Bono a bollix

Yes
30 (53.6%)
No
26 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 55

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Some say he's a brilliant rock star, frontman of our finest musical export and a modern day prophet. Others say he's a pontificating self publicist whose personal actions don't always suggest that he practices what he preaches. So what do you think? Now's your chance to vote in this exclusive poll as we try to answer, once and for all, the long running question - Is Bono a bollix

Puckoon

Bono, terrible singer, decent man.

thewingedlady

Musical success alright but a pure preacher. Gave out about Tony Blair and Bush for Iraq but at the same time accepted an invite from Blair to speak at the Labour party conference a few years back.

Bollix in my eyes...

stew

A bollocks of the first degree, very talented obviously but I wouldnt spend a penny to go watch him prance around a stage preaching like he was Ian Paisley, he is as likeable as paisley as well. I cant have Bono at all at all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

THE MIGHTY QUINN

5Times is that a sort of a don't know?  BTW I'm a big U2 fan as well, have been for years but I do think Bono is cringeworthy at times. If he'd just let his music and songs do the talking.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

But surely that just goes to prove that he's just a shallow hypocrite

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Read in the paper that the interfering cnut tried to persuade Clinton not to give Gerry Adams the visa the tine that he went to America and put one of the final pieces of the peace jigsaw in place.

The Iceman

he's a bollix - no question about it

what work does he do for 3rd world countries - he campaigns to the working man to give more of the little money he already has - he does tv ads with other celebrities for free (how noble of them all).

feckin get down of your high horse bono and give them $100 million that is gathering dust in your bank accounts - feck even give them the interest.  I find him a huge hypocrite and cringe when i see him on TV.  He's an amazing rock star, but he is a rock star, not a public speaker, not a politician, not a UN representative. 

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Mmm interesting to see that this latest revelation has led to a 4% swing from the 'I don't think he's a bollix' to the 'He is a bollix'. Watch this space I think (hope)

cville

Written backwards - it's O NOB! ... Enuff said!

ziggysego

Granted The Mighty Quinn that he's a bollox, but why are you taking everything he does so personally?
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

hes larry mullan jr in disguise.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: ziggysego on November 26, 2007, 09:44:24 PM
Granted The Mighty Quinn that he's a bollox, but why are you taking everything he does so personally?

Because he's a bollix that's why.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility