Yes
30 (53.6%)
No
26 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Rav67

Sir Bono - a sanctimonious twat

THE MIGHTY QUINN

The poll is now recording significant gains for the 'I think Bono is a bollix' camp

THE MIGHTY QUINN

I don't give a toss. However thers's great excitement as the margin closes even further. Surprised at you defending him so stoutly given your experiences at his American gig. I'd have thought if he made you sick in the way you said you'd be justified in calling him a bollix

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Actually the more I think of your arguement regarding the American concert the less logical it seems. What you're saying is that if he played in front of a Nazi crowd and gave a Nazi salute that would be OK as well because he'd be playing to that audience!!

Will I phuck be buying the remastered Joshua Tree I'll download it from Limewire to my MP3 player in due course

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 19, 2007, 08:09:44 PM
5Times is that a sort of a don't know?  BTW I'm a big U2 fan as well, have been for years but I do think Bono is cringeworthy at times. If he'd just let his music and songs do the talking.

Does this answer your question. If I remember correctly you agreed in an earlier posting that he was a bit of a bollix

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Will you hurry up and submit the post tillI I reply and get to bed

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: 5iveTimes on November 26, 2007, 11:23:00 PM
Yes he can be a bit of a bollox at times, I think he should leave Politics out of his shows, but he has done well out of it and he has done some good work for various good causes, from the Conspiracy of Hope tour back in the 80s (Amnesty International) right through to Make Poverty History and everything in between. He does a lot more good than most celebrities who are only out for their own well being.
So NO hes not really a Bollox

Now go to bed.

Strange post there 5ive with more twists and U turns than a Liberal Democrats manefesto. You move from saying he can be a bit of a bollix to saying that he's not really a bollix. I really think you should be signing yourself, Confused, Co Down

Drumanee 1

when he said "fcuk the revolution" in rattle and hum,bollix bollox bollox in the first degree

Gnevin

Does alot of good but his and u2's f**king off shore to save on there taxes pisses me off no end .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Great Leap Forward

A complete hypocrite.

Preaches about poverty but accepts an knighthood from the Queen, someone who hasn't had to work a day in her life.

If he had anything in him he would have sent it back or even refused it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Love U2 - but Bono's a wannabe political knob jockey of the highest order.
A political prostitute if you like.
Tbc....

THE MIGHTY QUINN

So there you have it. The polls are now closed and the votes all verified and counted and I can exclusively reveal that Bono is a bollix.

Shamrock Shore

Came too late to this but TMQ will know my views.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

I do indeed Shamrock, me old chum, views that have been fully vindicated by the outcome of this poll