M50

Started by saffron, November 16, 2007, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

I had 4 journeys through it in September and didn't pay (i drive a NI reg). I got a demand for all 4 journeys almost 2 months later, with the threat of an ever increasing fee for late payment. I paid just to be on the safe side. However, one or two comments:

1) I received 4 bills for the 4 different journeys, all posted to the same address, on the same day, but separately in 4 different envelopes. How efficient. I also had to key in my CC details online 4 times and pay for each one separately. Could they not just issue a statement and then let you pay one total fee? How much have they spent on this new system that it can't even manage such basics?

2) Is the DVLNI/DVLA or whoever it is, legally covered to give out my name and address to what is essentially another government?

Double Cross

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 25, 2008, 01:41:13 PM
Is the DVLNI/DVLA or whoever it is, legally covered to give out my name and address to what is essentially another government?

The DVLNI give out your details for a fee to certain debt recovery agencies. It is a grey area that has yet to be tested in court, though I believe some cases are pending in England. What ever happened to the Data Protection Act?

armaghniac

QuoteIs the DVLNI/DVLA or whoever it is, legally covered to give out my name and address to what is essentially another government?

Yes. The EU have arrangements of this nature so that vehicles travelling from one State to another can be followed up for parking fines and the like. Dundalk council have been availing of this for years.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Final Whistle

still no sign of the toll bridge charges that i should have incurred in sep/oct!

Treasurer

I've been through four times and billed for three.

downgirl

Final Whistle, I never got billed for the time I went through in the middle of September but my Dad who was driving behind me got a bill...so I'd say they never picked us up and we are safe enough to forget about it!