M50

Started by saffron, November 16, 2007, 08:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Can someone post a link to the registration page?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Donagh

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 06, 2008, 11:53:46 AM
https://csc2.eflow.ie/newaccount/newaccount.aspx

It doesn't allow me to put County Down in as part of my address ???

They can whistle for their money then...

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Tankie on August 05, 2008, 11:08:06 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 05, 2008, 10:52:44 PM
Quote from: downgirl on August 05, 2008, 10:17:50 PM
Has anyone in the north signed up for eflow??  Was looking at the site there and to get a tag you get it free initally but you need to pay €1 per month, which is going to be €12 a year, then saw in the fine print  Please note that your account will be charged the Initial Start-Up Amount of €40 in August 2008.  Don't think I will bother signing up for it now I have seen that actually...
Your account will only be charged €40 if you opt for the pre-paid account,there is a option for a post-paid account where you don't have to pay anything up front,I have just ordered 3 tags and haven't had to pay a penny

is it more expensive that way?

Also i know its technically not the M50 but does anyone know what is happening on the N7 from Citywest to the red cow interchange? there is a sign for roadworks to start August 5th and i seen tonight that they were starting something. is this the Newlands cross upgrade as i didnt think that was starting for another year or so.

The enabling works for the interchange are starting this week. Full construction works will start in the new year.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on August 06, 2008, 11:59:47 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 05, 2008, 11:08:06 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 05, 2008, 10:52:44 PM
Quote from: downgirl on August 05, 2008, 10:17:50 PM
Has anyone in the north signed up for eflow??  Was looking at the site there and to get a tag you get it free initally but you need to pay €1 per month, which is going to be €12 a year, then saw in the fine print  Please note that your account will be charged the Initial Start-Up Amount of €40 in August 2008.  Don't think I will bother signing up for it now I have seen that actually...
Your account will only be charged €40 if you opt for the pre-paid account,there is a option for a post-paid account where you don't have to pay anything up front,I have just ordered 3 tags and haven't had to pay a penny

is it more expensive that way?

Also i know its technically not the M50 but does anyone know what is happening on the N7 from Citywest to the red cow interchange? there is a sign for roadworks to start August 5th and i seen tonight that they were starting something. is this the Newlands cross upgrade as i didnt think that was starting for another year or so.

The enabling works for the interchange are starting this week. Full construction works will start in the new year.

Hope Suir aren't doing any of it ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bogball XV

Quote from: Donagh on August 06, 2008, 11:58:45 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 06, 2008, 11:53:46 AM
https://csc2.eflow.ie/newaccount/newaccount.aspx

It doesn't allow me to put County Down in as part of my address ???

They can whistle for their money then...
but if you've non-roi plates you don't have to pay afaik

Also, the cheapest option I've seen is the eazyflow one as they give you two tags for the price of one - the whole thing is f**king disgrace anyway, whoever decided to try and implement these new and currently in vogue standards of projects paying for themselves into the public sector needs a good f**king kicking.

armaghniac

Quotebut if you've non-roi plates you don't have to pay afaik

Not until the debt collectors come after you , anyway.

Quotewhoever decided to try and implement these new and currently in vogue standards of projects paying for themselves into the public sector needs a good f**king kicking.

I'd agree with this in general, but at least it stops work grinding to a halt when there is a wobbly in the public finances, like now.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bogball XV

Quote from: armaghniac on August 06, 2008, 07:09:35 PM
Quotebut if you've non-roi plates you don't have to pay afaik

Not until the debt collectors come after you , anyway.

Quotewhoever decided to try and implement these new and currently in vogue standards of projects paying for themselves into the public sector needs a good f**king kicking.

I'd agree with this in general, but at least it stops work grinding to a halt when there is a wobbly in the public finances, like now.
On the first point, afaik they will not be coming after people with out of state registrations, it's just not possible, this has been factored into the equation already and they're happy enough to take the hit.

On the second point, there are definitely projects were PPP's can work and can be good things, but this particular project is a joke, the bridge was built back in the early 90's, the project was awarded to NTR who have subsequently been seen to have been making payments to P Flynn, L Lawlor (and I think G Redmond) these payments were for 'political donations' and 'consultancy' respectively.  Redmond and Flynn signed off on the contract.
As it happened the deal was actually a pretty good one for the government, primarily because neither party in the negotiations ever thought that it would be as successful as it was, the govt were taking 1.10 of the 2.00 that NTR were collecting per private car journey when it was purchased from NTR at a cost of €600M (i think that's what the deal is worth long term to NTR), over the 17 odd years since the bridge was opened the governement it's reckoned that the government have received revenue from the tolls of approx €300M, so in reality it has already been half payed for.  The further upgrade work would easily pay for itself in terms of savings in time lost sitting in traffic etc so why do we have to pay again??  Well the answer is of course because our politicians have made such a total fcuk up of the economy that they've got to try and grasp any revenue stream that they can.

balladmaker

So what is the actual story of northern cars using the M50.  Was down it yesterday and apparently have until 8pm tonight to pay my toll on eflow.ie

cornerback

Quote from: balladmaker on November 25, 2008, 08:50:42 AM
So what is the actual story of northern cars using the M50.  Was down it yesterday and apparently have until 8pm tonight to pay my toll on eflow.ie

Here's an article from the gaurdian saying that you will be tracked down:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/aug/31/transport

Went through it about a month back, didn't take any chances - though i went down on the friday, back on sunday and i only paid for both on the sunday night i.e my payment for going through on friday was late. 

balladmaker

I have just paid of course.

Final Whistle

have been down in dublin a lot recently  using the m50 to full effect. was down for a1 final and about ten times since going through it twice on each occasion. yet to pay, yet to hear anything. and if i do hear anything il tell them to prove that it was me driving as any1 is insured to drive my vechile and im f*cked if im paying for a road which car tax should provide for.

bring on the m51!!

Hardy

Quote from: Final Whistle on November 25, 2008, 10:03:59 AMif i do hear anything il tell them to prove that it was me driving

Yes - they'll never have thought of that one.

Final Whistle

no, your wrong, im sure they have thought of that one.

but are they going to go to the hassle of doing it and chasing me up north, i think not. keep you paying anyway, nice wee racing circuits yous are funding for us!