Antrim Footballers call off strike!

Started by Lecale2, November 09, 2007, 08:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

In a move timed to coincide with the GPA announcement on their strike ballot, Antrim footballers have today called off their long running strike.

After 40 year of refusing to compete properly in the Ulster Senior Football Championship, the players have decided to get back to playing and training.

A spokesman for the players - Spide McGourty explained " We took a vote last night in the Whitefort so we did and voted to go back. With everybody else on strike we reckon we have a great chance next year. The vote was anonymous so it was".

Following the surprise move, McGranaghan's bookmakers have installed Antrim as 9th favorites for the 2008 Ulster SFC.

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

orangeman

Good but some may not see the funny side ! This post could end up on an Antrim changing room wall in May ( if the strike is still off !!).

Silky

Bogball XV

Quote from: hardstation on November 09, 2007, 08:06:40 PM
What does 'spid' mean?
I think it's the short form of 'spide' - open to correction though.

Square Ball

Quote from: Lecale2 on November 09, 2007, 08:04:13 PM
In a move timed to coincide with the GPA announcement on their strike ballot, Antrim footballers have today called off their long running strike.

After 40 year of refusing to compete properly in the Ulster Senior Football Championship, the players have decided to get back to playing and training.

A spokesman for the players - Spide McGourty explained " We took a vote last night in the Whitefort so we did and voted to go back. With everybody else on strike we reckon we have a great chance next year. The vote was anonymous so it was".

Following the surprise move, McGranaghan's bookmakers have installed Antrim as 9th favorites for the 2008 Ulster SFC.

I know where you drink!!

;)
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

orangeman

What does he drink ? Club Energise by any chance ?

glenullinabu

orangeman

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Square Ball

Quote from: orangeman on November 10, 2007, 07:57:15 PM
Not if you're from Antrim !

I am and its quality, mind you I will no doubt be running into Lecale2 in the bar tomorrow.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

orangeman

Give him the regards of the Antrim panel and management ! lol

Guillem2

A bit rough there Lecale but I still had to laugh!  :)

What about Kilkenny footballers ending their boycot of the NFL? Do you think it's a coincidence that they're back in this year when the rest are on strike?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

saffron sam2

If you could, just for the record like, give the result from the last time Antrim played Down in the Ulster senior football championship.

That result would take the gloss off your story, so it would.

wesaysanchez, Armaghforsam and now spide McGourty all using the 'so it does' style of writing.

Would make you think, so it would.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet