H.S.E.

Started by blast05, November 07, 2007, 12:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Whats the opinion folks of the whole Irish health system ? I ask in the light of the ongoing tragic saga in Portlaoise. Who is taking responsibility for this ? Was the HSE just formed to cover the governments ass when issues like this arise ? You'd know from the tone of dear aul Bertie that he realises that the whole thing is a shambles that has taken place under his watch.
Does the idea of having 8 national centres of excellence for cancer care a good idea, reducing from the total figure of 35 ? It sounds good in theory to me albeit that it will cause a llot of extra difficulty in terms of extra commutes for some families. The real problem with it is that if you draw a line from Dublin to Galway, then there will be no centre of excellence north of this line .....

Owenmoresider

Quote from: blast05 on November 07, 2007, 12:13:41 AM
Does the idea of having 8 national centres of excellence for cancer care a good idea, reducing from the total figure of 35 ? It sounds good in theory to me albeit that it will cause a llot of extra difficulty in terms of extra commutes for some families. The real problem with it is that if you draw a line from Dublin to Galway, then there will be no centre of excellence north of this line .....
It's not helpful for anyone in Donegal, and Sligo and North Mayo are 2+ hours away from Galway too. Should keep it in Sligo - but I would say that anyway. ::)

J70

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 07, 2007, 12:21:12 AM
Quote from: blast05 on November 07, 2007, 12:13:41 AM
It's not helpful for anyone in Donegal, and Sligo and North Mayo are 2+ hours away from Galway too. Should keep it in Sligo - but I would say that anyway. ::)

Or maybe Letterkenny, given that Sligo people can be in Galway or Letterkenny in two hours or less.

Louth Exile

Every time the HSE comes up in debate you hear people say that we were better off with the regional health boards. I don't think that many thought this at the time, but it has proven to be true I think. Such an ineffeciently run organisation, if it was in the private sector it would have went out of business ages ago. The one good thing I have heard out of Harney's mouth in recent months is that they are considering a voluntary redundance package to reduce the admin staff, great idea, I won't hold my breath on it happening!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com