Connacht Club Championship

Started by stephenite, November 06, 2007, 01:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

Ballina down to take on Sligo Champs Tourlestrane this weekend. Ballina coming into the game showing serious dodgy form, a loss to Claremorris in the league with a full strength team does not bode well for this match, Tourlestrane seemed to be able to do enough to get over Leitrim Champions - will Eamonn O'Hara make a return from injury to mark his first cousin Pat Harte in a centre field battle?
Hopefully the Stephenites can turn it around to make a Connacht final - if the likes of Eanna Casey can continue the form he appears to be in and gets a helping hand from the 3 Bradys, Hughes and McGarry the forwards will be a handful for anyone. With Harte and Mcgarrity probably the centrefield pairing they should be able for most other clubs but will the presence of his first cousin have an effect of Pat? Doubt it.
Hoping for a big game from Martin Wynne in the full back line.

Should be a great game

Mano

Quote from: stephenite on November 06, 2007, 01:00:54 AM
Ballina coming into the game showing serious dodgy form, a loss to Claremorris in the league with a full strength team does not bode well for this match
I wouldn't look much into this result. Tourlestrane lost the league final to a very understrength Curry team the week after beating the Leitrim champions. I think these results indicate a focus on the upcoming bigger game. For Ballina i would be more concerned of a lack of championship action in 6 weeks. Our lads have been inactive for 4 weeks (only Connaught council know why the connaught preliminary round game was played the week after the county final).
O Hara has the cast off and no doubt will be rearing to go. It will be interesting to see if we have any plans to curtail Brady at full forward.
Should be an interesting game and hopefully we can make a match of it

mannix

I reckon Ballina will win.
Did anyone see d brady during the mayo final, if a teamate was not busting a gut brady would have killed them.He is like roy keane in that respect, could turn out to be a good manager some day if the players would listen and take some of his fight onboard.
Its early days but this ballina team are good enough to win it all.

AbbeySider

Ballintubber are playing Moycullen in the Intermediate Connaught Final on Sunday 18th November in McHale park...
Moycullen are said to be a good team because they were senior for years in Galway.... 

I fancy Ballina over Tourlestrane purely on the basis that club football is stronger in Mayo at the minute.

SLIGONIAN

Lads where is the game and what time is the throw in? Should be a cracker. Hope o hara is back and toulestrane march on. Be nice to do a club and county double.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rossfan

St Brigid's travel to Tuam to play Killererin in their own backyard next Sunday - live on TG4 I believe.
Hopefully the long gap since the Ros final on 30th Sept.won't come against them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stephenite

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 06, 2007, 06:31:43 PM
Lads where is the game and what time is the throw in? Should be a cracker. Hope o hara is back and toulestrane march on. Be nice to do a club and county double.

It's on in Ballina but not sure of the throw in time yet - I'll stick it up as soon as I see it

Owenmoresider

2pm. Could be a tight one, wouldn't be all that surprised by a Tourlestrane victory though.

The Killererin-Brigid's game will be an interesting one too - arguably the final favourites to emerge from this one.

stephenite

Quote from: Owenmoresider on November 06, 2007, 10:31:02 PM
2pm. Could be a tight one, wouldn't be all that surprised by a Tourlestrane victory though.

Neither would I :'(

magpie seanie

Think I may travel to this. Could be a good game. Like many here would give Tourlestrane a good chance though the home side would be warm favourites.

Mano

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 07, 2007, 09:31:31 AM
Think I may travel to this. Could be a good game. Like many here would give Tourlestrane a good chance though the home side would be warm favourites.

Your support would be appreciated-you will be supporting us i hope.

Quote from: stephenite on November 06, 2007, 09:51:24 PM
It's on in Ballina but not sure of the throw in time yet - I'll stick it up as soon as I see it

Have Ballina always played their Connaught club games in Ballina. Whe did Ballina pitch get county groud status. Whe was the last time a county match was played in Ballina?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Mano on November 07, 2007, 10:29:22 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 07, 2007, 09:31:31 AM

Your support would be appreciated-you will be supporting us i hope.

Quote from: stephenite on November 06, 2007, 09:51:24 PM

Have Ballina always played their Connaught club games in Ballina. Whe did Ballina pitch get county groud status. Whe was the last time a county match was played in Ballina?

all county matches are now played in Castlebar .Up to a few years ago  intercounty League matches used to be played in Castlebar, Ballina and Crossmolina used to get a few. However now all league and championship matches are played in Catlebar
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

QuoteYour support would be appreciated-you will be supporting us i hope.

Oh yes - I'll defo be supporting Tourlestrane.

SLIGONIAN

Ya more the Sligo people going the better. St molaise gaels are behind toulestrane. A few of us are going and looking forward to it. Im sure Tommy jordan will be shouting for toulestrane aswell ;).  Is ohara far away from starting does anyone know?

Ya I see the aertel 2pm throw in in ballina.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

the Deel Rover

is michael moyles still in charge of the minors? Jesus there will be no one left in Cross at all if sligo have their way  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001