Do you believe in Angels?

Started by bingobus, October 30, 2007, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

I do. Felt at times that Ive always had someone watching over me. Think I know who it is too.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on October 30, 2007, 08:41:40 PM
I do. Felt at times that Ive always had someone watching over me. Think I know who it is too.

Its me...I know where you live
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Puckoon

J70

Bod Mor

Quote from: bingobus on October 30, 2007, 12:47:19 PM
Over the weekend a good Friends father died suddenly. Two of his daughters are in Sydney and obviously had to make it back asap. One of them was up the coast and had to get a flight back to Sydney to meet her sister and boyfriend who had booked 3 seats on the first available flight for them.

She made her way to the airport cloest to her but no flights were going to Sydney till next day (she had rang and was told they were but the one flight was cancelled). To say she was a bit hysterical/shook up was prob an understatement. The desk staff seemed to be of little help and said she could only wait till the next day.

A man approached having overheard the problem and listened to her plight. He then said not to worry he'd have her on the flight to London with her sister. He then got on his mobile and done the following for her:
Rang next closest airport-booked the two of them 2 seats to Sydney domestic-hired a car and drove the two of them to this airport (1.5 hrs away at a good pace)-travelled with her to Sydney domestic-got them a taxi to Sydney Intl.-collected her tickets and took her to the gate of the flight to meet her sister and brother. He paid for everything and only give his name, no address or phone number for refund.

May be considered risky taking off with a stranger (he abandoned his own travel plans and wasn;t a airline employee) but in the circumstances she said that thought never even entered her mind.

Was this man an angel from above? Prob not, but he was a really good samartian and kinda shows that in todays world there are still people who will put others first.

Fair play to him.

It is a small world surely. One of my mates is a boyfriend of one of the daughters. I heard this over the weekend as well.

My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

fred

Bingobus, indeed a very heart warming story. Whether one believes in angels or not, this is an instance of someone caring enough about someone else and being prepared to try and do something to alleviate their emotional distress. To me this is the sign of an angel, human or devine?........ I would imagine the unfortunate girl didn't care which.

mannix

Nice story.Sometimes people will surprise you with random acts of kindness.On the other hand I just spotted a crocodile killing a lovely deer on the national geographic channel.Some things never change.

his holiness nb

Nice idea, but I dont believe in Angels. In the "everyone has a guardian angel" sense.
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

Oops ... misread the thread title again ... was going to say "yes". Relying more on mathematics than metaphysics for a model of how the world works, I believe in angles more than angels.

his holiness nb

Shut up Hardy, just shut up.
Everyone knows angles dont exist.
So shut up.
Ask me holy bollix

Bud Wiser

I was in a car hire place in Orlando one year and the lady in front of me was hiring a car to go to Tampa to catch a flight to Edmonton. Her credit card was refused and she got into an awful state.  I was going to Lakeland, half way between Orlando and Tampa and I drove her to the airport and I'm no Angel, apart from the fact that she had an arse on her like yer woman on the diving board in the Irish Life add !

I have read this book  http://www.amazon.com/Varieties-Scientific-Experience-Personal-Search/dp/1594201072 (twice) and The Pale Blue Dot and from what I gather even Brian Cody or Micko don't come near being angels let alone saints.

It was a nice thing to do for the girl in Australia and there is one thing I do believe in and that is that you reap what you sow, good begets good etc.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Imposerous

Bingobus and Bod Mor - a small world indeed.  I knew the deceased and he was as kind hearted and happy soul as you'd ever hope to meet.  RIP.

ziggysego

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 31, 2007, 09:54:16 AM
So shut up.

How can someone as holy as yourself holiness, not believe in angels?
Testing Accessibility

bingobus

Quote from: Imposerous on October 31, 2007, 11:23:52 AM
Bingobus and Bod Mor - a small world indeed.  I knew the deceased and he was as kind hearted and happy soul as you'd ever hope to meet.  RIP.

True, as the man would say himself - "Correct and right"

his holiness nb

Quote from: ziggysego on October 31, 2007, 12:15:18 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on October 31, 2007, 09:54:16 AM
So shut up.

How can someone as holy as yourself holiness, not believe in angels?

Good question, I suppose I believe in spiritual beings in some form.

But not those poxy angels that are all the rage with middle aged women these days going to "angels all around us" self help seminars and the likes.

I beleive in Juan Pablo Angel if that helps?  ;)
Ask me holy bollix