Do you believe in Angels?

Started by bingobus, October 30, 2007, 12:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingobus

Over the weekend a good Friends father died suddenly. Two of his daughters are in Sydney and obviously had to make it back asap. One of them was up the coast and had to get a flight back to Sydney to meet her sister and boyfriend who had booked 3 seats on the first available flight for them.

She made her way to the airport cloest to her but no flights were going to Sydney till next day (she had rang and was told they were but the one flight was cancelled). To say she was a bit hysterical/shook up was prob an understatement. The desk staff seemed to be of little help and said she could only wait till the next day.

A man approached having overheard the problem and listened to her plight. He then said not to worry he'd have her on the flight to London with her sister. He then got on his mobile and done the following for her:
Rang next closest airport-booked the two of them 2 seats to Sydney domestic-hired a car and drove the two of them to this airport (1.5 hrs away at a good pace)-travelled with her to Sydney domestic-got them a taxi to Sydney Intl.-collected her tickets and took her to the gate of the flight to meet her sister and brother. He paid for everything and only give his name, no address or phone number for refund.

May be considered risky taking off with a stranger (he abandoned his own travel plans and wasn;t a airline employee) but in the circumstances she said that thought never even entered her mind.

Was this man an angel from above? Prob not, but he was a really good samartian and kinda shows that in todays world there are still people who will put others first.

Fair play to him.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Galwaybhoy

Yea I'd believe in Angels since there are such things.

And its great to hear stories like this especially when you hear and read about the many sad things that people do to each other.

The Real Laoislad

Im sure Gnevin will present some scientific explanation proving Angels don't exist and call us all fools for believing in them
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stpauls

if that story is anything to go by, yes there are such things as angels!!

Tubberman

No, that story shows how kind and generous some people still are.
He went above and beyond what could be reasonably expected of him.

But an angel!!!?? Seriously, how does an act of extreme kindness and generosity make someone an angel in the literal meaning of the word!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

stpauls

i didn't mean literally Tubberman!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tubberman on October 30, 2007, 03:00:25 PM
No, that story shows how kind and generous some people still are.
He went above and beyond what could be reasonably expected of him.

But an angel!!!?? Seriously, how does an act of extreme kindness and generosity make someone an angel in the literal meaning of the word!
Im sure he wasn't a Angel as in the true meaning of one,But i believe they exist in some shape or form what that might be i can't answer its just a faith i have
You'll Never Walk Alone.

man in black

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

man in black

'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Bogball XV

I am guessing he was not an aussie?

bingobus