Previous topic - Next topic

Restructure the back door system

Yes
10 (40%)
No
15 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 25

gerry

people won't travel - they'll go to local venues but won't go long distances - look at last night in Croke Park fir instance.

72k traveled in feb. ok maybe 40k traveled 200 yards
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

carnaross

Quote from: carnaross on October 28, 2007, 08:16:47 AM
I see some of the so-called experts are calling for the scrapping of the Provincial championships. Interesting? I've been suggesting that for ages. The way I see the game moving forward to everyone's benefit would be as follows:

The eight quarter-finalists to be seeded (winners 1, runners-up 2, losing semi-finalists 3 and 4 etc). These provide the first county in each of eight gropus A - H). An open draw would then follow to fill each of the other three places in the groups. This will enable ALL counties to have a minimum of three Championship games and the winners of each group progress into the All-Ireland quarter-finals. The Provincial's could be played another time if the counties really wanted to keep them in place.

I posted this some time ago and still I see only benefits for all. 48 championship games in the leagues before the knock-out stage.

Interesting to Martin McHugh's verdict on the quality of this year's Championship. I think he must get his ideas from this board.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.